Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Study of 92,727 Children Confirms No MMR-Autism Link

Study of 92,727 Children Confirms No MMR-Autism Link

Conclusions and Relevance In this large sample of privately insured children with older siblings, receipt of the MMR vaccine was not associated with increased risk of ASD, regardless of whether older siblings had ASD. These findings indicate no harmful association between MMR vaccine receipt and ASD even among children already at higher risk for ASD.
    https://jama.jamanetwork.com/article...icleid=2275444

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My concern remains regarding the cumulative effect of the CDC recommended vaccine schedule. There has yet to be a study on the schedule. The fact that many of those vaccines are given simultaneously, (intentionally) obscures the effects and prevents causality from being established.
    Last edited by pacodever; 04-21-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by pacodever View Post
    My concern remains regarding the cumulative effect of the CDC recommended vaccine schedule. There has yet to be a study on the schedule. The fact that many of those vaccines are given simultaneously, (intentionally) obscures the effects and prevents causality from being established.
    If there's no study, what evidence did you use to come to the conclusion that the schedule is harmful?

Oh great - another anti vax nutjob.

The current vacine schedule is the only study that has been studied. The results are clear: children who are not vaccinated are at a bigger risk for getting diseases than those who are not.

Well that makes two things its not linked to, because it pretty clear its not linked to doing anything about measles either.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails measles-deaths-decline.jpg  
    Last edited by presence; 04-21-2015 at 11:07 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post

The current vacine schedule is the only study that has been studied. The results are clear: children who are not vaccinated are at a bigger risk for getting diseases than those who are not.
    Hey AngelaTC, an oligarchist in the flesh... who is the nut job ... mountain dew, roller coaster, end of life, worshiper (or wisher)?

LOL.. hope the ride is fun...
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Calling me "another anti vax nutjob" is quite a leap for someone who couldn't possibly know my position or ascertain it from three sentences on RPF.
    Last edited by pacodever; 04-21-2015 at 11:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Well that makes two things its not linked to, because it pretty clear its not linked to doing anything about measles either.

Where's your photoshop with the semi-transparent background and highlighted transaction points??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You are simply a miserable person. I'll bet the people closest to you in your life (family) don't like to be around you. You are rude and flat out mean... name calling isn't going to win any arguments, but you're not trying to convince anyone are you? I think you just enjoy being a bitch... and keep giving me negative reps on unrelated posts, your neg reps are a badge of honor for me.

The current vacine schedule is the only study that has been studied.
    Please cite a study on the current vaccine schedule.
    Last edited by pacodever; 04-21-2015 at 11:37 PM.

The results are clear: children who are not vaccinated are at a bigger risk for getting diseases than those who are not.
    "diseases"

As in "all diseases" or "vaccine preventable diseases" ?

Do vaccinated kids have lower overall mortality rates?

Do you speculate there could be some theoretical upper limit to how many vaccines a child's immune system can handle before increasing mortality rate from all disease?

Do you think that some kids might have lower thresholds than others?

In many countries, government officials and drug companies aggressively resist conducting studies that compare the health of vaccinated and unvaccinated children. But such studies have been conducted in Africa. One such study, from Guinea-Bissau, shows a doubling of the mortality rate among infants vaccinated with a single dose of DTP vaccine. The mortality rate more than quadrupled after the second and third dose.
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/ar...-children.aspx

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    If there's no study, what evidence did you use to come to the conclusion that the schedule is harmful?
    The National Vaccine Injury Compensation Program (NVICP) has awarded over $2.8 billion to families of vaccine injured children since the program began in 1986. These awards were made to families of vaccine injured children in an adversarial and political process with DoJ attorneys arguing against the families. So my evidence would start with +$2.8 billion in harm.
    Last edited by pacodever; 04-22-2015 at 12:08 AM.

Study: The entire human race's existence on this planet is proof positive that vaccines are unnecessary.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    I think you just enjoy being a bitch... and keep giving me negative reps on unrelated posts, your neg reps are a badge of honor for me.
    + rep because oligarchist AngelaTC...
    Last edited by Thor; 04-22-2015 at 12:08 AM. Reason: had to add "oligarchist" to clarify...
    I have seen through it all... the system is against us. ALL OF IT.

Quote Originally Posted by VegasPatriot View Post
    You are simply a miserable person. I'll bet the people closest to you in your life (family) don't like to be around you. You are rude and flat out mean... name calling isn't going to win any arguments, but you're not trying to convince anyone are you? I think you just enjoy being a bitch... and keep giving me negative reps on unrelated posts, your neg reps are a badge of honor for me.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

These two studies say otherwise:

"...children from the countries with the highest ASD prevalence appear to have the highest exposure to Al from vaccines; (ii) "the increase in exposure to Al adjuvants significantly correlates with the increase in ASD prevalence in the United States..."a significant correlation exists between the amounts of Al administered to preschool children and the current prevalence of ASD in seven western countries..."

http://omsj.org/reports/tomljenovic%202011.pdf

"...the relationship between the proportion of children who received the recommended vaccines by age 2 years and the prevalence of autism (AUT) or speech or language impairment (SLI) in each U.S. state from 2001 and 2007 was determined. A positive and statistically significant relationship was found: The higher the proportion of children receiving recommended vaccinations, the higher was the prevalence of AUT or SLI. A 1% increase in vaccination was associated with an additional 680 children having AUT or SLI."
    http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21623535
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 04-22-2015 at 08:30 AM.
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

These data and results are based on privately insured children with an extensive period (5 years) of continuous enrollment in a single health plan and may not be completely generalizable to other groups. The prevalence of ASD among all index children in the study sample was 1.04%, comparable with the current estimate of ASD prevalence of 1.5% in the general US population.28 In addition, the younger siblings of children with ASD had a 6.9% risk of ASD, also consistent with published estimates ranging from 6.4% to 24.7%.12- 14 Despite the large sample size for the entire study, the RR estimates for the children with older siblings with ASD are based on a modest number of children (1929 children including 134 with ASD). Yet, the upper bound of the CI never exceeded 1.44, implying that any true large effects are unlikely to be masked because of statistical imprecision. The findings of this study may not be as applicable to more ethnically and socioeconomically diverse populations that have less access to health care services. For example, in our population, the average age of ASD recognition based on claims was 4 years, several months earlier than the average age of ASD diagnosis in the US population of 4 years 5 months.28
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

According to that chart, the number of measles deaths stabilized at 0 at roughly the same time that the vaccination was implemented.
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

it is absurd to claim the vaccine isn't linked to reducing the measles outbreaks. your chart relates to deaths, not outbreaks.

also, these charts that go back to 1900, and use 1968 as some flash point are just propaganda. I would be ashamed of posting such nonsense.

1) 1963 is when the vaccine was introduced.

2) a chart going back to 1900 is used to attempt to minimize the effect of the vaccines on deaths because of how many died at the turn of the century. This chart, better shows the change:

http://www.software3d.com/Home/Vax/MeaslesUSBig.jpg
    Last edited by ARealConservative; 04-22-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails measles-deaths-decline.jpg  

"The US spent 1.4 Billion to treat 28 individuals with ebola in Africa; that's $50,000,000 per patient. However, ebola was brought under control not with mandatory vaccinations but with a little bit of bleach and some changes in personal sanitation practices" - Ron Paul

Please cite a study on the current vaccine schedule.
    This single article cites at least two, but you'll need to find someone with access to the journals to see the actual studies. Do you have a friend that is a researcher who can pull them up for you?

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...utism/2026617/

The new research confirms the findings of a 2010 study in Pediatrics, which compared babies who received all vaccines on time in the first year of life with those who skipped or delayed their shot. That research found no neuropsychological differences, such as stuttering, facial tics or lower scores on IQ tests.
    The study, published today in the Journal of Pediatrics, is the latest of more than 20 studies showing no connection between autism and vaccines, given either individually or as part of the standard schedule. The paper is the first to consider not just the number of vaccines, but a child's total exposure to the substances inside vaccines that trigger an immune response.

Study authors say they sought to address the fear that multiple vaccines are "overwhelming" children's immune system, possibly contributing to long-term problems.
    You have no evidence to support your theory, and yet have the gall to insist that the evidence supporting mine does not exist. Seriously, thats pretty much the definition of crazy.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-22-2015 at 11:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    According to that chart, the number of measles deaths stabilized at 0 at roughly the same time that the vaccination was implemented.
    These charts have been patiently explained repeatedly, yet they continue to excitedly post them despite knowing that they are not interpreting the data correctly. And notice how they quickly steered you away from their favorite topic, the imaginary MMR-Austim link.

This is why the government will eventually mandate vaccines. There is a certain segment of the population who just refuse to be educated. I would perfectly comfortable allowing them to die off, but the liberals want to save them from themselves for some unfathomable reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    So now staying exactly where it was is evidence of efficacy?
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who funded the study?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Who funded the study?
    No actual data to dispute the findings, so throw out a logic fallacy. That's textbook.

Insurance companies, with a vested interest in keeping children healthy, funded the study:
    Conflict of Interest Disclosures: All authors have completed and submitted the ICMJE Form for Disclosure of Potential Conflicts of Interest. Dr Jain, Ms Marshall, and Mr Kelly report being employees of The Lewin Group. Ms Buikema and Dr Bancroft are employees of Optum. Optum is a wholly owned subsidiary of UnitedHealth Group and The Lewin Group is an Optum company. The Lewin Group operates with editorial independence. No other disclosures are reported.

Funding/Support: This project was funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, and the US Department of Health and Human Services under contract HHSN-271-2010-00033-C.

Role of the Funder/Sponsor: The National Institute of Mental Health had no role in the design and conduct of the study; collection, management, analysis, and interpretation of the data; preparation, review, or approval of the manuscript; and decision to submit the manuscript for publication.

Who is funding the studies that the anti-vaxxers stand behind? Oh that's right - there are none.
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-22-2015 at 12:03 PM.

again, 1963 was when the measles vaccine was introduced and this graph smashes the propaganda graph you are running with

Quote Originally Posted by ARealConservative View Post
    again, 1963 was when the measles vaccine was introduced and this graph smashes the propaganda graph you are running with

Exactly right. And the second dose was added in 1986 because the antibodies were waning and the disease was regaining ground.

No actual data to dispute the findings, so throw out a logic fallacy. That's textbook.

Insurance companies, with a vested interest in keeping children healthy, funded the study:

Who is funding the studies that the anti-vaxxers stand behind? Oh that's right - there are none.
    It's not a logical fallacy, Angie. Motives are a factor when conducting studies. But I see you can't answer the question, and that's fine. I made my point.

Edit: Forgot to add this from your post:

Funding/Support: This project was funded by the National Institute of Mental Health, National Institutes of Health, and the US Department of Health and Human Services under contract HHSN-271-2010-00033-C.
    Check the revolving door between these departments and big Pharma.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 04-22-2015 at 12:59 PM.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    It's not a logical fallacy, Angie. Motives are a factor when conducting studies. But I see you can't answer the question, and that's fine. I made my point.
    So as a Republican, you would say that the iberal left was wrong about the war in Iraq because they are pro-choice? Of course not. This is the same thing, and it is indeed a logical fallacy. It is healthy to question the bias of a study, but it is not a valid reason to simply throw out the conclusion.

I did answer the question, quite succinctly and in detail. Again, short version: Insurance companies who profit from having healthy patients paid for the study.

But you didn't answer mine, which is who is funding the studies that you are basing your conclusions on?
    Last edited by angelatc; 04-22-2015 at 01:03 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast