Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham and McCain ‘Lapdogs for Obama’

Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham and McCain ‘Lapdogs for Obama’

Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham and McCain ‘Lapdogs for Obama’

by Andrew Kirell | 11:04 am, April 21st, 2015

Rand Paul is not going to take insults from the Republican Party’s hawkish senators lying down. During a Tuesday morning appearance on Fox News, the GOP presidential candidate blasted Sens. Lindsey Graham and John McCain as “lapdogs” for President Barack Obama‘s policies.

On Monday morning, Sen. Graham told Morning Joe that Paul is “more wrong than right” on foreign policy, and that “even Obama” is stronger than the libertarian-leaning senator when it comes to dealing with threats abroad. The U.S. Senator from South Carolina accused Sen. Paul of wanting to “lead from behind” on global issues. Additionally, Sen. McCain — Graham’s best friend for life — charged that Paul “just doesn’t understand” foreign policy.

Paul fired back at both senators during an interview with Fox’s Bill Hemmer (emphasis added):

This comes from a group of people wrong about every policy issue over the last couple decades. I’ll give you a couple examples where they support the president’s foreign policy and I don’t: They supported Hillary Clinton’s war in Libya; they supported President Obama’s bombing of Assad; they also support President Obama’s foreign aid to countries that hate us. So if there is anyone who is most opposed to President Obama’s foreign policy, it’s me. People who call loudest to criticize me are great proponents of President Obama’s foreign policy — they just want to do it ten times over. I’m only one actually standing up and saying the war in Libya was a mistake; the bombing of Assad would make ISIS stronger; the arms to the Islamic rebels would make ISIS stronger. So I’m really the one standing up to President Obama. And these people are essentially the lapdogs for President Obama and I think they’re sensitive about that.
    read more:
    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/rand-paul...ogs-for-obama/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How's the back of my hand smell, *bitch*?
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    How's the back of my hand smell, *bitch*?
    I've owned several bitches. They were all loyal, brave and kind. Please don't insult them by likening them to Lindsey Graham.

That being said; GO RAND! It's about time someone punched back at the neocons.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

I think Rand should point out yet again that John McCain took a photo op with terrorists. Sure those terrorists technically weren't "ISIS" but they sold an American journalist to ISIS who then beheaded him. Rand should never have apologized for calling McCain out. That said, all I have to say for Rand pointing out that the neocons are supporting terrorism is:

9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

And there ya go! Ouch.

Flipping the "conservative" foreign policy argument. They want to paint Paul to the left of Obama? Guess what? Who wants to use the military more liberally?
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Good that he's firing back, but it really adds to the narrative that Paul's Party is divided as hell with more voices higher-up coming down against him. Like others have said, he has two battles: fighting against the left and his own party, which won't be cheap stuff.

Can't wait for this sound bite to be turned into a photo meme...

McCain and Graham in Obama's lap "whimpering like little Shih Tzus"...

Last edited by CableNewsJunkie; 04-21-2015 at 01:35 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We need a lot more of this. Hearing this asshats who are so wrong on foreign policy, they haven't taken the right position in decades, call non-interventionism "wacko" and "dangerous" is beyond rage inducing. The most dangerous foreign policy in the world is the neocon/war hawk policy of the last 20 or so years.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

The first step to counteracting a lie is to openly oppose it. This was done by Ron Paul and Pat Buchanan in the past, whom both bore the brunt of the backlash. Now is the time for Rand to debunk the lie and reveal the Neocons for exactly what they are, closeted Marxists who want to use America's wealth to continue the old Trotskyite vision under a new name. Graham and McCain are 100% in agreement with Obama on foreign policy in principle, all nitpicking of how aggressive one or the other would be in the periphery not withstanding, it's time to ram this point home.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I love when Rand fights back! Lapdogs! How deliciously insulting! Go Rand!

dont mess with rand! he will bite you. i love it. the debates cant come soon enough.

Good for him. Even if the base is hawkish, McCain and Graham aren't particularly popular. He shouldn't pull any punches when they attack him.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Good for him. Even if the base is hawkish, McCain and Graham aren't particularly popular. He shouldn't pull any punches when they attack him.
    I think the base is war-weary. I don't think McCain and Graham will resonate. The old guard has run its course. It's time for new blood.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rand Paul: Lindsey Graham, John McCain ‘Lapdogs For President Obama’ [VIDEO]

Rand Paul is tired of hearing Lindsey Graham and company criticize his foreign policy and it doesn’t sound like he’s going to take it anymore.

Only hours after Graham told MSNBC’s “Morning Joe” that the Kentucky senator has “been more wrong than right” about foreign policy, Paul took Graham and fellow Sen. John McCain to task for their worldview.

In an interview with Fox’s Bill Hemmer Tuesday, Paul called the pair “lapdogs for President Obama” while adding that they’ve been wrong about “every policy issue” over the past 20 years on the world stage.

“This comes from a group of people wrong about every policy issue over the last two decades,” Paul told Fox’s Bill Hemmer.

http://dailycaller.com/2015/04/21/ra...t-obama-video/

Actually, the video is shortened and posted up above.
    Thanks - I linked to it here: http://iroots.org/2015/04/21/its-on-...ogs-for-obama/
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

This is epic, I wish Rand could stay above the attacks but I know its necessary, the neocons have been going hard against him lately and I think it is because Rand's Hillary strategy is actually working, that is Rand's only current strategy and it seems to have gotten the neocons riled up even more.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

That's what I like to see... call them out for what they are.
    It's just an opinion... man...

CALLING ALL PHOTOSHOPPERS!!!

(Just FYI, for those that don't know, the boykin spaniel is SC's state dog.)

Quote Originally Posted by satchelmcqueen View Post
    dont mess with rand! he will bite you. i love it. the debates cant come soon enough.
    The debates will be different this time.

ALLAHPUNDIT likes Rand's response... and also floats the idea of Justin Amash jumping into the presidential race to help Rand combat the likes of Graham, Bolton, Peter King and their constant attacks. Which I think is a pretty bizarre idea, it just would not work out well for a number of reasons.

Rand Paul: It’s McCain and Lindsey Graham who are “lapdogs” for Obama’s foreign policy, not me

POSTED AT 6:01 PM ON APRIL 21, 2015 BY ALLAHPUNDIT

Via RCP, a smart, well prepared retort to superhawks like Graham, who’s already started beating on Paul during his quasi-2016 media tour. Rand seems to relish taking tropes that are common to interventionist critiques and turning them against his interventionist critics. Back in December, after Rubio tore into him for supporting Obama’s outreach to Cuba, Paul accused Rubio of behaving like an “isolationist” for refusing to engage diplomatically with a neighbor. Same move here. It’s not me who’s a shill for Obama’s foreign policy, says Paul, it’s McCain, Graham, and the other hawks who unfailingly cheer O on every time he intervenes somewhere abroad, pausing occasionally to criticize him only for not intervening more forcefully. I wonder if Rand likes that sort of tu quoque on a visceral level, because he enjoys watching hawks squirm when they get accused of “weakness” or being dupes for Obama, or if there’s a strategy behind it. Probably both: A counterattack like this could work better than we think at the debates, when plenty of low-information Republican voters will be watching without much of a sense of how Paul differs from conventional GOP hawkery. That’s why critiques about “isolationism” and shilling for Obama are so potent and dangerous to him potentially. The average Republican voter may not know the ins and outs of foreign conflicts and whether intervening is a good or bad idea, but hearing that Rand Paul is on Obama’s side on some of them will be received as shorthand for “Rand Paul is weak and too far left.” Paul’s strategy is to counter that by pointing out how many times hawks have been on Obama’s side too. Even if he doesn’t win many voters over with that argument, it’ll be a huge victory for him if he succeeds in neutralizing hawkish attacks by convincing Republicans that his points of agreement with O are really no more damning than Graham’s are.

read more:
    http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/2...policy-not-me/

So much for not "punching down".

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand did a great job with this, but I'm wonder where is Doug Wead? Would be great having him as a surrogate on MSM interviews to deal with these clowns while Rand continues to do the retail campaigning in the early states, anyone know if/when he will be joining the campaign?
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.NoSmile View Post
    he has two battles: fighting against the left and his own party
    I think that is one in the same in this case...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The kind of voter who sympathizes with the hawkish line is not, by and large, susceptible to reason.

It's all about feeling tough. Show them who's the alpha male, and they''ll follow along like good little doggies.

So...attack.

I loved the fact that the reporter had nothing to say about calling them lap dogs and quickly switched to new Hampshire.

-Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomProsperityPeace View Post
    So much for not "punching down".
    Sometimes you just got to punch. A buffalo doesn't sit idly by while the gnat annoys him all day. The buffalo just swatted and he is going to sleep well tonight

Obama helping 'Lapdog Lindsey' get ready for the big show

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast