Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Andrew Jackson to be replaced on $20 bill?

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Andrew Jackson to be replaced on $20 bill?

Rosa Parks!!!! If you want to place her image on bus seats all over the nation I wouldn't have a problem with it, but she doesn't merit her image on the currency. No way in hell.

http://www.vdare.com/articles/its-ti...n-post-america

“It’s time”–for a woman on American currency, and why not? America is no longer a nation of heroes, but a collection of victims. Now even the currency of the Affirmative Action Nation is catching up with the reality that today’s hollow empire is nothing the Founding Fathers would recognize.

A campaign to put a woman, any woman, on the $20 bill received new traction when Senator Jeanne Shaheen (D-NH) filed legislation for a “citizen’s panel” to recommend a replacement for the current bill’s celebration of President Andrew Jackson.
    But neither Jordan nor Sanger made the final cut. The four candidates to replace Jackson on the $20 bill:

Eleanor Roosevelt

Roosevelt, like future President Hillary Clinton, is important chiefly because she married a powerful man and overlooked his infidelities. Her naïve (at best) globalism aside, her domestic policies would today be regarded as retrograde or perhaps even offensive because her old-fashioned liberalism would have little room for critical theory.

Rosa Parks

Rosa Parks, far from being the “tired old lady” of public school mythology, was a Leftist activist who served as the front person for a radical political agenda. The substantive results of this agenda can be seen in the shattered ruins of once-proud American cities like Birmingham, Selma, or Parks’ native Montgomery, where the Southern Poverty Law Center, housed in the notorious “Poverty Palace,” is one of the few thriving businesses. Parks herself moved to Detroit, another destroyed city–where she herself would eventually be robbed and beaten by a black man [Rosa Parks robbed and beaten, New York Times, August 30, 1994].

Wilma Mankiller

Like most people, you are probably wondering, “Who the heck is Wilma Mankiller?” Although she was no doubt really nominated because of her last name, Mankiller was the first female chief of the Cherokee Nation. Like most great minority leaders, she was half-white. Aside from creating some “programs” and being a woman, she was chiefly noted for expelling the black “Cherokee freedmen” from the tribe because they lacked Indian blood. [The Cherokee nation must be free to expel black freedmen, by James MacKay, The Guardian, September 17, 2011]

Harriet Tubman

Harriet Tubman was an escaped slave who guided other blacks north on the Underground Railroad. She was also an enthusiastic conspirator with John Brown, who referred to her as “General Tubman,” assisted in his plot to raid and murder Southern families, and referred to him as a martyr after his execution. [Harriet Tubman, Biography, Accessed April 19, 2015]

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rosa Parks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trail of tears orchestrator Andrew Jackson. But frankly American money isn't going to be worth spit soon anyway.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Rosa Parks >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> trail of tears orchestrator Andrew Jackson. But frankly American money isn't going to be worth spit soon anyway.
    Andrew Jackson broke up the 2nd national bank of the United States. A VERY BIG DEAL despite his Indian abuses. Rosa Parks was a busrider while Jackson was battling with the notorious banking head Nicholas Biddle. We all know the joke about him being on a FRN.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-20-2015 at 09:51 AM.

Lincoln is hogging the penny and the 5 dollar bill, they should just give him the penny and give the 5 to one of the women that fought in the Revolutionary War.

What is with the Waiting-for-Godot hero worship in every aspect of life? Replace these people with an animal or even a rock for all I care.

People must have a human figure on these items, so of course, it's a perfect fit for government to provide it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Pictures are superfluous.

There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Andrew Jackson broke up the 2nd national bank of the United States. A VERY BIG DEAL despite his Indian abuses. Rosa Parks was a busrider while Jackson was battling with the notorious banking head Nicholas Biddle. We all know the joke about him being on a FRN.
    I read somewhere that placing Andrew Jackson on the central bank note he fought so hard to destroy was a way the central bankers used to distort his legacy. Do you think if he was alive today he will give his consent for the central bank to use his imagine of the $20 note?

It's one thing to argue that Rosa Parks doesn't deserve to be on the note, its another thing to fight to keep Andrew Jackson's mug on it

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    Pictures are superfluous.

That is so beautiful not only because its shinny, precious and valuable but also because its devoid of anyone image.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    LOL? Congratulations on getting baited. This is going nowhere.

Quote Originally Posted by juleswin View Post
    I read somewhere that placing Andrew Jackson on the central bank note he fought so hard to destroy was a way the central bankers used to distort his legacy. Do you think if he was alive today he will give his consent for the central bank to use his imagine of the $20 note?

It's one thing to argue that Rosa Parks doesn't deserve to be on the note, its another thing to fight to keep Andrew Jackson's mug on it
    I have a problem with them intentionally screwing around with things. I have no doubts that Andrew Jackson would be appalled to learn that his image is on a FRN, but they want to replace him with one of these 4 women, who pale in comparison to his historical contributions? Really?

Yeah. Thanks. He also threatened to hang South Carolinians who wanted to leave the union over high tariffs. He also invaded Florida to stop slaves from running away.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yeah. Thanks. He also threatened to hang South Carolinians who wanted to leave the union over high tariffs. He also invaded Florida to stop slaves from running away.
    Still more notable than riding on a bus. Even the more despicable details of his career.

No explanation given why it was switched...

Jackson first appeared on the twenty dollar bill in 1928. It is not clear the reason the bill was switched from Grover Cleveland to Andrew Jackson. According to the U.S. Treasury, "Treasury Department records do not reveal the reason that portraits of these particular statesmen were chosen in preference to those of other persons of equal importance and prominence."[3] The placement of Jackson on the $20 bill may be a historical irony; as president, he vehemently opposed both the National Bank and paper money and made the goal of his administration the destruction of the National Bank.[4][5] In his farewell address to the nation, he cautioned the public about paper money.

An advocacy site

http://www.womenon20s.org/

Still more notable than riding on a bus. Even the more despicable details of his career.
    Hitler was quite "notable" so I'm not sure what your point is. Stalin was "notable" too.

To hell with all of them.

I want to see Calvin Coolidge on some currency. But I want him cast in relief in ten percent nickel and the rest silver.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    What is with the Waiting-for-Godot hero worship in every aspect of life? Replace these people with an animal or even a rock for all I care.

People must have a human figure on these items, so of course, it's a perfect fit for government to provide it.

The likenesses of dead politicians are icons for the State religion, nothing more.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Ron Paul needs to be put on the 1000 dollar bill once it is reinstated. heh.

Ron Paul needs to be put on the 1000 dollar bill once it is reinstated. heh.

I'd rather have him on real money.

Hitler was quite "notable" so I'm not sure what your point is. Stalin was "notable" too.
    /thread
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    To hell with all of them.

I want to see Calvin Coolidge on some currency. But I want him cast in relief in ten percent nickel and the rest silver.
    Yep.

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The likenesses of dead politicians are icons for the State religion, nothing more.

I agree.

If people must have a human picture, then why not somebody cool? (Wasn't there a recent thread about cool?) It could be Joe DiMaggio hitting a home run. Maybe Marilyn Monroe bending over showing some cleavage.

If it's contemporary, then put Led Zeppelin on there. The band on the front and the Hindenburg on the back.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Xenliad View Post
    Lincoln is hogging the penny and the 5 dollar bill, they should just give him the penny and give the 5 to one of the women that fought in the Revolutionary War.
    I vote for Orsen Wells...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

I've got a bunch of those.

Got them one week before vonNotHaus got raided.

Wonder what they are worth these days???

I'd rather have him on real money.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    A dime? Those were the days.

A campaign to put a woman, any woman, on the $20 bill...
    Kim Kardashian. And not just her face. It would be perfectly appropriate.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I don't think the particular portraits are as much of an issue as the reason behind why we use the portraits we use. We are people and we are used to looking at faces. Presidents are some of the most recognizable people in the US, and it is easy to tell Washington from Jefferson (yes, on the $2 which is legal tender), Lincoln, Jackson, Franklin, and Hamilton. Granted Franklin was never President, but he one of the more recognizable of the founders.

A lot of people wouldn't recognize a Rosa Parks lookalike, but you better believe the Lincoln lookalike gets a double take every time.

The way we use portraits on our money is an anti-counterfeiting measure. It doesn't do much, but there you go. The new codachrome $100s were held up in production and were thought to be difficult to counterfeit. Not exactly.
    Last edited by euphemia; 04-20-2015 at 10:57 AM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    I've got a bunch of those.

Got them one week before vonNotHaus got raided.

Wonder what they are worth these days???
    The Ron Paul liberty copper dollars are going for between $20 and $40 on ebay right now. So based on that I wouldn't take less than $400 for one of the $20 pieces.

Then maybe old Andy can finally stop spinning in his grave.

My vote? Octopus....

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast