Thread: The "I Found a Rare Coin Today" Thread

The "I Found a Rare Coin Today" Thread

http://cointrackers.com/coins/760/19...oosevelt-dime/

Mint about $1.15

Condition found at least $0.50

please subscribe and tell us know what you find!

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Cool!!! Good for you!

Great thread idea, btw. Bookmarked.

This is a great thread idea. We all have that large jar of coins sitting around, and who knows what you might find inside.

I have not found any this week but I bought three , a third 1926 S cent , a third 1933 D cent , and a second 1931 S nickel. i gave about $16 for the three .

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post

http://cointrackers.com/coins/760/19...oosevelt-dime/

Mint about $1.15

Condition found at least $0.50

please subscribe and tell us know what you find!
    Nice, according to the cointrackers site, that dime is worth at least 10 cents!
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Nice, according to the cointrackers site, that dime is worth at least 10 cents!
    That site is not really that reliable .You need the Grey Sheet to get a proper bid / ask price .

I actually got a 1937 Indian Head nickel in change a month or so ago. (Not the three legged version). A bit worn and dinged so probably not worth much but you almost never see them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    I actually got a 1937 Indian Head nickel in change a month or so ago. (Not the three legged version). A bit worn and dinged so probably not worth much but you almost never see them anymore.
    I need a 1937 S for the extra set I have been working on , that and three others and I will have 1920 to 1938 complete on that set , and I have all the Philadelphia's on that set also 1913 to 1938 , that just leaves the pricey ones , except the 1926 S & 1931 S , I have those already.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wed . , I am going to sell a couple Flying Eagle cents and five silver dimes , four of them Barbers , 1898,1905 S , 1914 & 1916 . I need to pick up some 2x2 covers for a bunch of 1890's nickels , 1920's nickels and 1880's Indian cents that a Christmas gifts for the Grandkid's , that will cover the cost of that and leave some lunch money for the Chinese place next door to the shop .Cheap entertainment after I go to town to sell my eggs

I picked up some cool ones yesterday . Got a 1918 Canadian silver dime , a 1907 Mexican 20 Centavo, 1900 and 1903 silver Barber dimes, 1918 British half penny , 1968 Zambian penny ,1968 Canadian silver dime ,1867 shield nickel , couple of Buffalo nickels , 1920 D and 1925 D .Have my eye on a 1913 silver , Mexican Peso .

My best picks today were a complete silver War nickel set , two 90 % silver halves and a 1912 S cent .
    Last edited by oyarde; 04-28-2015 at 11:31 PM.

Yesterday , a 1913 S dime , but I bought it , did not find it .

Today , two more 1913 S dimes , a 1913 S cent , 1913 silver Peso , 1914 , silver Mexican half , 1914 & 1918 , silver Canadian dimes , 1907 silver Mexican 20 cent pc., 1882 silver , Spanish dime, three 1944 S copper US made , Philippines cents , four 1944 S , US made , Philippines nickels. I did not find them though , I traded for them.

My best finds today were a 1931 D dime and a 1905 silver Canadian 1/2 dime , the 31 D dime is for sale if someone needs it.

'42 Liberty head dime from the corner store. Crappy condition. Letter designation is more worn than my naked (with glasses ) eye can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    '42 Liberty head dime from the corner store. Crappy condition. Letter designation is more worn than my naked (with glasses ) eye can tell.
    Excellent .

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I heard a guy at a yard sale today saying he was looking for coins.

That you oyarde?
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I heard a guy at a yard sale today saying he was looking for coins.

That you oyarde?
    Nah , I was cultivating my onions and potatoes and moving/ planting some bell peppers and tomatoes outside.Stacking wood.Love yard sales though , rarely see coins though.Has been a good place to find fish hooks , old lead sinkers and tools etc. My next trip to the local coin shop will be Wed.

Only thing I came up with today was a 1915 S silver Barber Quarter , probably in Fine .

Best finds today were an 1876 silver Mexican 1/2 and a 1910 Canadian silver 1/2 dime. Take what you can find .

Today , I picked up a couple of 1921 S nickels .

I found a 1973 P dime today.

Mint = $8

Its probably not worth that though.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...