Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I STAND WITH RAND

I STAND WITH RAND

I have done a lot of soul searching in my support of RAND 2016 over the past decade. If you, like me, have been in the liberty/voluntarist/constitutionalist movement for any period of time, you've long known in your heart this time was coming.

We've all got our inner idealist "Kokesh", our personal libertarian hot button issues, and our ill-experience-with-the-state-slanted libertarian views. We each also have our pet conservative and liberal slants (even if we fail to admit them). Each, our desire to focus more or less on winning politics vs winning hearts and minds. There are times when I bite my tongue or scratch my forehead; get temperamental that Rand doesn't see and sell liberty just like I would.... but I see none of this as a good reason to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm all in favor of liberty in our lifetime and after much reflection, and I cannot help but see Rand Paul 2016 as our golden ticket. Rand has the just the right proportion of pragmatism and idealism, which our movement needs to carry the torch of liberty into the future and help blossom an idea who's time has clearly come.

This is my endorsement of RAND PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2016 and my rally cry to RPF to unite in support.

I see a trend and I move my money with the long chart:

When Rand talks about NSA surveillance.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand talks about scaling back the drug war... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand talks about 7lb abortion... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand questions our involvement in Libya and Syria... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand pushes FED audit... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand suggest a Constitutional Amendment for a balanced budget... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asserts "Not every military expenditure, nor every entitlement is necessary."... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand accuses Obama's "You didn't build that" insults American workers.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says states should be able to grow hemp.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says doctors should be able to prescribe medical marijuana... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand cites black vs white statistics on prison population being way out of line... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand states all issues of crime are better dealt with at the state level... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says we must declare war before going to war... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand pushes for the federal government to leave mining and manufacturing regulation to the states.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand stands with Homeschoolers... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says no President is Judge Jury and Executioner... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand backs end to Cuba Embargo... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand stands in defense of minority rights, not just racial minorities, but ideological and religious minorities.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asked the President, "Can you kill an American on American soil?" I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says no aid to enemies who burn our flag... I STAND WTH RAND
    When Rand claims what is immoral for the individual to do is immoral for government to do... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand calls to exit the UN; maintain US sovereignty. (Nov 2010)... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says read the bill before you vote on it... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says he doesn't want to live in a nanny state... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says President should not bypass Congress with executive orders.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand claims generalized warrants for all cellphones is unconstitutional.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asks how many Americans should die to defend Iraq... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand notes GOP is too eager for war; and so is Hillary.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says you can catch terrorists and have the Bill of Rights too... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says we won't go to war until he's ready to send his own kids.... I STAND WITH RAND

When Rand talks like that and says I get to keep my guns.... I STAND WITH RAND

I hope you can find common ground in RAND2016 too.
    I hope we can pull together and set aside our differences.

I look forward to putting a President Rand Paul in the Oval Office;

if nothing else for the smile it would put on his dad's face.

As long as I sit at Henry Clay's desk,
    I will remember his lifelong desire to forge agreement,
    but I will also keep close to my heart the principled stand of his cousin,
    Cassius Clay, who refused to forsake the life of any human,
    simply to find agreement.

Rand Paul
    Last edited by presence; 04-21-2015 at 10:07 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I might vote for him, and even campaign for him, but I won't say "I stand with him." I stand with God only.

I STAND WITH RAND.

Great post presence!
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I will volunteer for Rand again.

Beautiful.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Bravo.
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm in.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

A good thread is a good thread +rep

Seriously I cannot agree more with everything OP just stated, most importantly putting a smile on Ron's face as we clip the establishment for a Paul presidency.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Let's make his dad proud, I'm in all the way

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I have done a lot of soul searching in my support of RAND 2016 over the past decade. If you, like me, have been in the liberty/voluntarist/constitutionalist movement for any period of time, you've long known in your heart this time was coming.

We've all got our inner idealist "Kokesh", our personal libertarian hot button issues, and our ill-experience-with-the-state-slanted libertarian views. We each also have our pet conservative and liberal slants (even if we fail to admit them). Each, our desire to focus more or less on winning politics vs winning hearts and minds. There are times when I bite my tongue or scratch my forehead; get temperamental that Rand doesn't see and sell liberty just like I would.... but I see none of this as a good reason to look a gift horse in the mouth.

I'm all in favor of liberty in our lifetime and after much reflection, and I cannot help but see Rand Paul 2016 as our golden ticket. Rand has the just the right proportion of pragmatism and idealism, which our movement needs to carry the torch of liberty into the future and help blossom an idea who's time has clearly come.

This is my endorsement of RAND PAUL FOR PRESIDENT 2016 and my rally cry to RPF to unite in support.

When Rand talks about NSA surveillance.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand talks about scaling back the drug war... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand talks about 7lb abortion... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand questions our involvement in Libya and Syria... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand pushes FED audit... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand suggest a Constitutional Amendment for a balanced budget... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asserts "Not every military expenditure, nor every entitlement is necessary."... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand accuses Obama's "You didn't build that" insults American workers.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says states should be able to grow hemp.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says doctors should be able to prescribe medical marijuana... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand cites black vs white statistics on prison population being way out of line... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand states all issues of crime are better dealt with at the state level... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says we must declare war before going to war... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand pushes for the federal government to leave mining and manufacturing regulation to the states.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand stands with Homeschoolers... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says no President is Judge Jury and Executioner... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand backs end to Cuba Embargo... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand stands in defense of minority rights, not just racial minorities, but ideological and religious minorities.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asked the President, "Can you kill an American on American soil?" I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says no aid to enemies who burn our flag... I STAND WTH RAND
    When Rand claims what is immoral for the individual to do is immoral for government to do... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand calls to exit the UN; maintain US sovereignty. (Nov 2010)... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says read the bill before you vote on it... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says he doesn't want to live in a nanny state... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says President should not bypass Congress with executive orders.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand claims generalized warrants for all cellphones is unconstitutional.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand asks how many Americans should die to defend Iraq... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand notes GOP is too eager for war; and so is Hillary.... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says you can catch terrorists and have the Bill of Rights too... I STAND WITH RAND
    When Rand says we won't go to war until he's ready to send his own kids.... I STAND WITH RAND

When Rand talks like that and says I get to keep my guns.... I STAND WITH RAND

I hope you can find common ground in RAND2016 too.
    I hope we can pull together and set aside our differences.

I look forward to putting a President Rand Paul in the Oval Office;

if nothing else for the smile it would put on his dad's face.

Can you please post this on the Daily Paul, or Popular Liberty as its called now. If you are unable, may I post it for you there and reference this link at RPF?
    Rand Paul for Peace

Will you still support Rand if he comes out against the Iran deal? I'm afraid that if Rand comes out against the final deal, that could cause him to lose a lot of support within the liberty movement.

Quote Originally Posted by LatinsforPaul View Post
    Can you please post this on the Daily Paul, or Popular Liberty as its called now. If you are unable, may I post it for you there and reference this link at RPF?
    Feel free I'm not currently involved there.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

I'll still wait to hear and see what I need to hear and see. Is backing out of 1 mind f*** better than not? I'm not sure, because I don't know the depth, and perhaps I can take a few back with me, or not.

Yeah, that doesn't make a lot of sense, but it does, anyway. Something is just not right, and putting the finger on it during a violent shake is not an easy task.

But, I'm not going to hold it against any who do "Stand with Rand". At least not yet.

edit: I keep hearing this thing about knowing history and learning from it. But, with history it seems that the better it sounds the worse the outcome. Unless it is always followed by integrity. Perhaps that's what I'm looking for, is integrity.
    Last edited by ClydeCoulter; 04-19-2015 at 09:42 PM.
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't identify with the 'soul searching part' , if there was a candidate that supported the
    Constitution more aggressively than Rand I would support that candidate.
    I've never had to ponder why I support Rand nor wonder whether Rand will actually make decisions
    and promote legislation in the interest of preserving the Constitution.

Rand has not shown to be a fan of social security, I paid in for 46 years, it does harm to me personally
    to support a candidate that does not campaign to offer opt out options for the youth that 'know' they
    are going to be financially well off come their retirement, while preserving the promise to those
    that have already paid in full all their adult lives.

As stated , Rand is far and above the TOP CANDIDATE IN SUPPORT OF THE CONSTITUTION,
    my personal issues do not take precedence over the future of Liberty, Sovereignty, Peace, Prospertiy,
    Inalienable Rights, and the pursuit of happiness.

I do agree with the op roster of 'support of's' .......good points.

, ,

I stand with Rand !!! The reason we have so many republicrat candidates is to stop Rand. Rand supporters are a constant threat to the republicrats and their corrupt money making machines. They are terrified of us.

I think I stand with Rand. Not really sure. I'm more moderate in my positions than I used to be, which is a good match with Rand's middle of the road positioning. But I'm just as disillusioned with politics as ever, and don't know that I can see myself supporting a typical flip flopping, double talking, suck up to everyone political campaign.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-20-2015 at 08:03 PM.

Love this. Can't rep you yet.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    I think I stand with Rand. Not really sure. I'm more moderate in my positions than I used to be, which is a good match with Rand's middle of the road positioning. But I'm just as disillusioned with politics as ever, and don't know that I can see myself supporting a flip flopping, double talking, suck up to everyone political campaign.
    Just out of curiosity (not trying to pick an argument with you), on what issues have you moderated?

Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    Just out of curiosity (not trying to pick an argument with you), on what issues have you moderated?
    Hmm, well, I suppose mostly on the government spending front. I don't know that welfarism and social safety nets are really good solutions, but we do have them and I don't think we can or should repeal them. On the regulation front, I think some of it is probably good. I don't think the government should be trying to tell me what kind of toilet or lightbulb to use in my house, but some environment or financial regulations on large corporations is probably for the overall good. Then on a more local level, things like building codes and fire codes generally are things that are probably handled better by government decree than after-the-fact lawsuits.

I'm still a libertarian... just have softened up a bit in a couple places. Or at the least, I second guess some things I used to believe.
    Last edited by brandon; 04-20-2015 at 08:20 PM.

^^Thank for answering. Needless to say, I disagree.

But in the interest of uniting the clans and all that, I'll save it for another thread.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Sure, and I reserve the right to change my mind on everything I wrote by tomorrow morning.

#StandWithRand... It says so on my bumper...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I'm in.
    my bet is that he will turn into his dad on steroids once elected.

care to give me odds?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by brandon View Post
    Sure, and I reserve the right to change my mind on everything I wrote by tomorrow morning.
    are you dating one of my exes?
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Will you still support Rand if he comes out against the Iran deal? I'm afraid that if Rand comes out against the final deal, that could cause him to lose a lot of support within the liberty movement.

Rich in virtue and in harmony with the time, the appearance of a blue moon over water bodes good fortune.
    The superior man embodies the means within his own person.
    Hardness of character is tempered by yielding of position.

Perseverance furthers.
    Last edited by presence; 04-21-2015 at 10:48 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast