Thread: Does Rand have the mega-donors financial support?

Question Does Rand have the mega-donors financial support?

There are reports that Cruz raised 31 million and Marco Rubio racked up 40 million from billionaires mega-donors across the country. I dont think these guys will have any problems with raising money anymore. Do you think Rand has this kind of financial support maybe from some wealthy libertarians?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, he should have some big donors from Silicon Valley.

As of now, compared to the others, if the numbers are any indication, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by shenmue View Post
    There are reports that Cruz raised 31 million and Marco Rubio racked up 40 million from billionaires mega-donors across the country. I dont think these guys will have any problems with raising money anymore. Do you think Rand has this kind of financial support maybe from some wealthy libertarians?
    I think at least one of the Rand PAC's is expecting to raise 30 or 50 at least. Forget where I saw the articles about it.
    Last edited by William Tell; 04-18-2015 at 09:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If we could get a million people to donate $1,000 dollars each he would have a billion bucks to legitimately compete against anyone. That's a lot of money and a lot of people, but if we could get 10 million to donate $100 each we would still get that billion. Rand must take a strong stand against the establishment for this to have a chance to happen. People are sick a tired of politicians that promise change and do not deliver once in office. Rand doesn't need the big donors, he just needs a lot of small donors to win.

I would donate $2,400 but I don't know I'm not as enthused about Rand Paul's campaign as I was when he was running for Senate, I feel burned out. And Rand just doesn't make me as comfortable to pull the trigger on giving that much money like his father because I knew Ron wanted much smaller govt. With Rand Hell I don't even know if he would phase out SS and other entitlement programs.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

It's going to take more then a Rand or Ron presidency to phase those programs out. You might reevaluate your expectations of the executive branch.

I think he will have some big money donors. However, I do not think he will publicize it. He is running as the anti-establishment candidate. It doesn't make sense to show off big donor dollars raised.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I think it is impressive that he has so many small donations. It says more about who his likely voters are. Someone with deep pockets might give a lot of money, but he still gets one vote, same as me.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Silicon Valley types, unlike Washington D.C. political parasites, are actually intelligent and very money conscious. They aren't going to just dump millions of dollars on a candidate they don't see winning. In my opinion, they will wait until he has proven himself a good investment further down the campaign trail.

I wonder if Liberty For All will support Rand financially?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I wonder if Liberty For All will support Rand financially?
    They held a meeting just yesterday, Reps Jonathan Stickland, and David Simpson both of TX were there.
    https://www.facebook.com/votejs/posts/824038364348086
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

He will have a few, but nothing like the amount the Establishment types have access to. They have Wall Street, Big Business, and the Military Industrial Complex. Rand has a handul of rich libertrians and the rest of it will have to come from small donations by regular people.

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    It's going to take more then a Rand or Ron presidency to phase those programs out. You might reevaluate your expectations of the executive branch.
    What if he nominates four members of SCOTUS?

Quote Originally Posted by afwjam View Post
    This is true, but we already know this. Rand will have enough power to reshape our foreign policy with foreign leaders and terrorists. He will also have enough power to close down departments

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    What if he nominates four members of SCOTUS?
    Lol that's not happening, and as of right now, I know of only 3 people I would take for the SC: Napolitano, Lee, and Cruz

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    If we could get a million people to donate $1,000 dollars each he would have a billion bucks to legitimately compete against anyone. That's a lot of money and a lot of people, but if we could get 10 million to donate $100 each we would still get that billion. Rand must take a strong stand against the establishment for this to have a chance to happen. People are sick a tired of politicians that promise change and do not deliver once in office. Rand doesn't need the big donors, he just needs a lot of small donors to win.
    Yeah, he kind ofdoes need the big donors when going against the types like Bush, who have very deep wallets. A strong stand against the establishment is just talk and show when you don't have the financial backing to show for it.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    With Rand Hell I don't even know if he would phase out SS and other entitlement programs.
    Ron wouldn't have done that either, because he was running for President and not dictator.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Ron wouldn't have done that either, because he was running for President and not dictator.
    This is true. If Rand Paul is elected, the executive will no longer be the problem. We will still have a crappy Congress and SCOTUS though.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
    I think he will have some big money donors. However, I do not think he will publicize it. He is running as the anti-establishment candidate. It doesn't make sense to show off big donor dollars raised.
    He might have to do it strategically to reassure small donors that he has the muscle to attract big donors to make him competetive in a field of estalbishment candidates, though.

Quote Originally Posted by lx43 View Post
    I would donate $2,400 but I don't know I'm not as enthused about Rand Paul's campaign as I was when he was running for Senate, I feel burned out. And Rand just doesn't make me as comfortable to pull the trigger on giving that much money like his father because I knew Ron wanted much smaller govt.
    Rand's budgets, submitted every year since he's been in the Senate, which cut hundreds of billions of dollars in spending and eliminate entire departments, do not persuade you that he wants smaller government?

Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-19-2015 at 10:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    This is true. If Rand Paul is elected, the executive will no longer be the problem. We will still have a crappy Congress and SCOTUS though.

Having a good executive will mean that the Supreme Court will be moot because no one would have a reason to file suit. Crappy Congress will remain.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Silicon Valley types, unlike Washington D.C. political parasites, are actually intelligent and very money conscious. They aren't going to just dump millions of dollars on a candidate they don't see winning. In my opinion, they will wait until he has proven himself a good investment further down the campaign trail.
    Is this sarcasm? I think there's a ton of mal-investments and start-ups with absurd valuations that these folks pour their money into. Just because you have the technical ability to design an app doesn't mean you have any clue what to do with the millions you make off of it. Besides even the guys that are smart realize that they're playing a high-risk/high-payoff game which I think you can equate to supporting Rand in these early stages. If they were interested in proven investments they wouldn't be in Silicon Valley.

Incidentally, I had a dream last night that Rand raised $85 million in one day through a special moneybomb for the big donors.

Let's hope I'm psychic.

Rand does have big backers and people bundling for him, I suspect the only reason we're not hearing about it is because they don't want us to know...yet.

Don't forget, Rand is running one of the most top notch campaigns out of the entire field and you don't go into operations like that without knowing the cash will be there.

Don't freak out, our main job is to help raise direct campaign donations, dial when the phone calls need to be made, show up to the events, smash the online polls, share articles, and be positive campaign ambassadors!
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    Rand does have big backers and people bundling for him, I suspect the only reason we're not hearing about it is because they don't want us to know...yet.
    Yea, I've been thinking the same thing lately. I'm not sure that it bolsters Rand's anti-establishment bona fides to loudly tout his big donor support.

It's OK to have big donors as long as there are small donors to match it. Mitt had this problem in 2012, it got so bad with the press that they were taking $5 donations when it was costing like $5.50 just to process the donation.

Kochs interested in backing Walker????? Opinions?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    That tells you everything you need to know about the Koch brothers and their so called "libertarianism." They're phonies.

they actually said they'd be in for backing whomever the GOP nominee is...so they're part of the group holding funds close for now

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    No surprise. They've been backing him since he first ran for governor.

The Kochs are also heavily pro-amnesty which makes me suspect Walker's recent anti-amnesty stance is just for show. This would be a good argument to spread on "tea-party" sites like freerepublic and breitbart.