Thread: Rand Paul’s Brother: “No Difference” Between Rand And My Dad On Ideology

Rand Paul’s Brother: “No Difference” Between Rand And My Dad On Ideology

Audio interview with Ronnie Paul at link.
    Rand Paul’s Brother: “No Difference”

“The difference is purely in implementation. If you had a philosophical discussion on what the world should look like, there would be no difference.”

Rand Paul’s brother says that when it comes to ideology, there’s “no difference” between his brother, the Kentucky senator and Republican presidential candidate, and his father, the former congressman and three-time presidential candidate.

Ronnie Paul, the eldest son of the former congressman and sometimes-surrogate for his brother, was speaking with libertarian podcaster Israel Anderson. He said that both his brother and father held the same beliefs, there’s just a difference in the implementation of how to get there.

“The difference is purely in implementation,” Paul’s eldest son said. “If you had a philosophical discussion on what the world should look like, there would be no difference.”

As he runs for president, Rand Paul faces the task of both appealing to a broader set of mainstream Republican primary voters, while maintaining enough credibility with the vast Paul family libertarian network to get those people to the polls in early states.

Over the last year, he has sharpened his rhetoric on defense and terrorism. He signed Sen. Tom Cotton’s letter about a potential Iran nuclear deal and recently proposed increasing defense spending, though the increase was offset by other cuts. Last summer, he supported intervention against ISIS, and said, in his presidential announcement speech, “the enemy is radical Islam, you can’t get around it.” When he was a surrogate for his dad in 2007 and 2008 the Kentucky senator often spoke of American interventionism as a cause of terrorism and the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks.

“Basically, if we’re both going the same place you may have a favorite way to get there and I may have a little different way to get there. We both are going to the same place and I can’t even say that your way maybe is better than my way, you know, we can debate all day long which way is the best way,” said Ronnie Paul in the recent interview.

“So they’ve taken different paths. Do you take little pieces at a time, do you try for the whole thing at one time? You know, there’s all different debate on how do you get to ultimately limited government, a pro-American defense foreign policy and Bill of rights, individual liberties for the people at home.”

Ronnie Paul added in a philosophical discussion on ideology there “would be no difference” between his dad and brother and “the end goal without a doubt is the same.”
    Continue:
    http://www.buzzfeed.com/andrewkaczyn...-on#.pipK3mrbD
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The end goal hopefully will be the same as the end goal most of us here want. I believe in speaking the truth and not trying to appease people to get into office. When you try to play their game you don't come out of it untouched. You can't play with fire and not get burned.

Quote Originally Posted by RickyJ View Post
    The end goal hopefully will be the same as the end goal most of us here want. I believe in speaking the truth and not trying to appease people to get into office. When you try to play their game you don't come out of it untouched. You can't play with fire and not get burned.
    disagree. Ron already tried this and proved you cant get enough traction doing so. Which is where Rand was smart enough to try the alternate route.

Judge Napolitano said something along the similar lines although a bit grittier at 6:55 in this video.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Shhhhhh....
    Yeah, Im with ya on that.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book