Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Rand can win nomination by going after H1b visas & illegal immigration

Rand can win nomination by going after H1b visas & illegal immigration

Rand has an opportunity to take the nomination by going after the corrupt H1B visa program and illegal immigration.

He can still be for the H1B visa program, but reduce its size and scope. There are literally hundreds of thousands of American workers that are jobless due to this system. Additionally, he can show how if we reduce immigration the salaries will go up for low skill labor.

This may not be a popular theme on these forums, but it's reality. He could easily over take Walker and Cruz right now if he chooses to. Cruz is for creating an unlimited number of H1B visas, which would in essence allow any individual from India with a C.S. degree to work in the states.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You can never secure the borders 100%, especially one as long as the US-Mexican border, and decreasing the availability of legal immigration will increase the demand for illegal immigation. It doesn't solve anything except for having less control on who gets in, and their skillsets.

Ok, I can agree with bringing in more people to help pick fruits off of the trees for the farmers, but there is no shortage of skilled IT workers and engineers in the US.

You're right about not being able to secure the border 100%, but I think preventing 20,000 children from Central America from entering the U.S. every couple of months would be a start.

IMO this issue is more important to most Americans than Iran or ISIS.

Additionally, the NSA may resonate here, but for older Republicans the economy is number 1.

Rand is trying to build a coalition of different groups to vote for him, but New Hampshire and Iowa are composed mostly of whites, with Iowa being almost 90% white Christians. If he wants to get Iowa and New Hampshire, he's going to have to try something different. A reduction in H1B visas would give him a few points more in both states.
    Last edited by trojansc82; 04-18-2015 at 08:17 AM.

Pretty sure Rand has stated many times that he support to greatly increasing H1B visas. He goes by the argument that doing so would satisfy labor demands thus decreasing the use of illegal workers that employers would hire, and that they would be better able to keep track of those workers because they would be documented. I think this is a losing position with the public.
    Last edited by pao; 04-18-2015 at 08:28 AM. Reason: typo

Wow. Unreal. It's like there is literally no one speaking for the unemployed engineers and IT workers except for Jeff Sessions.

He would easily seal the nomination if he just sided with Sessions. It's like a no brainer.

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    You can never secure the borders 100%, especially one as long as the US-Mexican border, and decreasing the availability of legal immigration will increase the demand for illegal immigation. It doesn't solve anything except for having less control on who gets in, and their skillsets.
    I always thought H1B visas were for critical skills. Most people don't consider Java, C++, and HTML "critical skills".

But you're right, in a perfect world, we would be able to monitor who is coming in to the US and their skillsets. Unfortunately, many foreign workers lie about their skills and there is no way to verify whether or not they are telling the truth.

I think the Southern California Edison case should be a wake up call for most people. It's truly unfortunate if Rand is trying to up the number of visas to displace U.S. citizens. He may get more money from wealthy donors, but he won't get votes from out of work IT workers or engineers, or most of the Tea Party. And that's who we need if we want to win NH and Iowa.

Thanks for the advice Norway.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Whoa! 713,000 dollars lost per Muslim immigrant?

Quote Originally Posted by trojansc82 View Post
    He can still be for the H1B visa program, but reduce its size and scope.
    That's the opposite of what he should do.

Unless you mean to get rid of it altogether and let an unlimited number of people come here and work without any visas at all.

It doesn't solve anything except for having less control on who gets in, and their skillsets.
    The government having less control on who gets in and their skill sets would be a good thing.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Rand needs funding from Silicon Valley so I doubt he puts the brakes on H1B visas.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The government having less control on who gets in and their skill sets would be a good thing.
    Switzerland, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore disagree.

They won't win him the Republican nomination. And they definitely won't register as Republicans and vote in the primaries.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Thanks for the advice Norway.
    LOL! +rep.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Switzerland, Japan, South Korea, and Singapore disagree.
    Let them disagree. They're wrong.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And with more illegal immigration means less taxes paid, which is the angle that Rand is aiming for.

-Virgil
    Last edited by Virgil; 04-18-2015 at 09:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    And with more illegal immigration means less taxes paid, which is the angle that Rand is aiming for.
    Very good point!

Where? They have the lowest crime rates and highest employment rates in the world.

Right now South Korea,Taiwan, and Singapore are predicted to become the richest non-oil countries in the world

Massive immigration does not mean prosperity. Try and find a ghetto in Japan, South Korea, or Singapore. They don't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post

-Virgil
    LOL, this is hilarious. You really think that massive waves of barbarians (i.e. uncivilized people) flooding a first world country is a GOOD thing?

Wow, I simply don't know what to say. I think Rand's campaign is toast if this is what he believes.

He's already come out for more H1B visas. I think he could walk it back or rather compromise on this by advocating raising the cap while at the same time charging (more) for them. If it cost $20K or $30k for a year's Visa, companies that really are facing a labor shortage would pay for it, and it would relieve the downward pressure on Americans' wages.

That's the opposite of what he should do.

Unless you mean to get rid of it altogether and let an unlimited number of people come here and work without any visas at all.
    I feel strongly that you are right. Japan is the perfect example of what happens when you don't have immigrants. You get a decaying, zero growth country that puts emphasis on safety and security over entrepreneurship and risk taking.

The H1B visa program may cost Americans job opportunities that they would have otherwise gained if it weren't for the program, but the nationality of a worker does not matter economically. No one owns their job, employees own their body and labor, but the employer owns the right to their money and business and a job is just a contractual agreement to provide a service for that business and in return are given monetary compensation.

If foreign workers get a job over an American it is likely because the foreign worker is a more proficient worker and will use their superior talents to more efficiently provide better services in relation to the work they are doing. This creates a more optimal outcome and increases the standard of living of consumers by more effectively satisfying their ends, and considering we are all consumer at bottom, then it follows it will help not hurt the American economy.
    Last edited by T.hill; 04-18-2015 at 03:49 PM.

Where? They have the lowest crime rates and highest employment rates in the world.
    The government has no business trying to manage what the crime and employment rates are.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That would make him a total flip flopper on the issue and assure he loses the nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    Rand needs funding from Silicon Valley so I doubt he puts the brakes on H1B visas.
    I think we see more visas as a product of agribusiness than we do tablet/trinket/app makers and whatnot. I haven't looked at it in a while, though.

At the moment, the H1-B is the only thing keepng the U.S. in the game. Of course, those foreign people are beginning to realize that there exists a Silicon Valley in China...a Silicon Valley in Japan...and on and on. And, so, I don't see the H1-B remaining a shortcut to prosperity. Not with those folks waking up to the larger scheme of things. Will see, I suppose. U.S. is essentially a leech and does nothing to promote its own population of youth to become the competitive producers of the future. I disagree with the H1-B in whole.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-18-2015 at 05:02 PM.

The government has no business trying to manage what the crime rates are.
    This is profoundly asinine.

I agree that with a homogenous population, the crime rate is pretty low in todays world. Less differences to argue about. Less problems with race, religion, culture and etc.

Seems to me, small homogeous countries are the best. Isnt that what seceding is good for? Breaking off from a large country to form your own with like minded individuals?

No presidential candidate, except Rubio, has signed onto the Chuck Schumer- Orrin Hatch H1B mass immigration visa bill.

Rand should just say he tried to do something but Schumer and the Dreamer activists were so greedy.Then he should attack Rick Perry on tuition for illegals and again point out 10 years from now the Eric Cantor-Barack Obama Dreamer surgers are all going to be getting instate tuition.

Walker has the cleanest slate on immigration compared to the others.

Walker can plead ignorance and say he was just parrotting talking points he was fed by consultants and the sheltered Wisconsin press. Then he went to the border and spoke to people and realized how big the problem was.

Then Chuck Grassley schooled Walker about how H1B system is abused.

Now Walker is reformed as the Mitthawk 2.0.

There might be a way to have Walker and Rand be boosted at the expense of Cruz.

Rand Paul has associated with Senator David Vitter in the past on immigration. Rand can't seriously come out and say he changed his mind completely or didn't know what was up.

People who have been in congress for 5 years know there is an immigration issue and some vague parts of each issue.

Walker has been living in a bubble in Wisconsin.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Rand has an opportunity to take the nomination by going after the corrupt H1B visa program and illegal immigration.

He can still be for the H1B visa program, but reduce its size and scope. There are literally hundreds of thousands of American workers that are jobless due to this system. Additionally, he can show how if we reduce immigration the salaries will go up for low skill labor.

This may not be a popular theme on these forums, but it's reality. He could easily over take Walker and Cruz right now if he chooses to. Cruz is for creating an unlimited number of H1B visas, which would in essence allow any individual from India with a C.S. degree to work in the states.
    Agree.

Unfortunately, Rand is not taking this position.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast