Thread: Adam Carolla ‘Supports’ Ted Cruz, Thanks Him for Anti-IRS Stance

Adam Carolla ‘Supports’ Ted Cruz, Thanks Him for Anti-IRS Stance

mediaite.com/online/adam-carolla-supports-ted-cruz-thanks-him-for-anti-irs-stance/

Comedian and radio personality Adam Carolla is apparently a big fan of Sen. Ted Cruz. During a Friday morning interview with the Texas Republican, Carolla approved of the presidential candidate and personally thanked him for wanting to outright abolish the Internal Revenue Service.

“Thank you so much for wanting to eliminate the IRS,” Carolla began the conversation. “It’s driving me nuts.”

“I think that is a powerful populist issue and today is the day when its on people’s minds,” Cruz said, reminding listeners that Wednesday was Tax Day.

Carolla argued that taxes are an important issue that gets overshadowed by other debates. “Here we are always talking about gay rights, or immigration, or whatever it is, the trans-gender community or something, fine,” he said. “But that doesn’t impact the entire country. This impacts literally everyone who is born in this country so it is a good place to start, in terms of policy.”

Cruz agreed: “A lot of the time what politicians are trying to do it to distract the voters with smoke and mirrors, rather than talk about the issues that really matter to their lives.”

The pair then delved into Cruz’s thoughts on the so-called “flat tax” proposal, his family history, Jeb Bush, and several other topics.

“TedCruz.org is where you go if you want to support Ted,” the comedian later said. “I want to support Ted. I love me some Ted Cruz.”
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-17-2015 at 03:41 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Why didn't Rand release his tax plan? I heard somewhere that he removed the flat tax from his announcement speech. It's almost like they decided not to do it at the last minute.

It must be said that Ted Cruz and Puppetry of the Penis were booked on the same show.

http://adamcarolla.com/simon-morley-and-sen-ted-cruz/
    Senator Ted Cruz calls in next to discuss his Presidential campaign for 2016. Adam chats with him about abolishing the IRS, out of control federal spending, and how a flat tax could fix a lot of this country’s problems.

Simon Morley is in studio next, and Adam talks with him about the worldwide success of ‘Puppetry of the Penis’. Simons then does a live demonstration.

Smart thinking Adam, let's go with the guy who talks the talk but has never walked the walk.

Carolla is on our side, he just doesn't know it, because he's too mainstream republican to realize we're not just a bunch of nutjobs.

As much as I'm on the side of the "nutjobs", it is a perception we need to continue to work on.
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

Interesting considering how much Adam hates social conservatives.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."