Thread: Male Silverback Nearly Charges Through Exhibit Glass

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Male Silverback Nearly Charges Through Exhibit Glass

A good analogy for our society who think that they are in control at all times. All he had to do was hit the glass one more time and he's probably in the interior enclosure.

Last edited by AuH20; 04-18-2015 at 09:06 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Reminds me of the last scene of I Am Legend.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-17-2015 at 07:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Reminds me of the last scene of I Am Legend.

Kind of how I picture IRS workers .

Just part of the show. <shrug> Let me know when he actually breaks out.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    A good analogy for our society who think that they are in control at all times. All he had to do was hit the glass one more time and he's probably in the interior enclosure.

Note the idiotic reaction... "Oh hohoho... man..." as if this nitwit's children had not come within a hair's breadth of losing their lives.

This reminds me of the stoopid people from places like Ill-Annoy who come to the desert every year and die out there because they wander out in 118* heat, thinking they are safe because their cars are all comfy in the A/C. Car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and they literally cook to death under the sun. The general ignorance of reality on the part of the average man is amusing in its intensity. This whole bitch we call "reality", the fake one made of our technological smoke and mirrors that is, may one day come apart. When it does, most Americans will die in short order because they will have no clue what to do. While I don't give the least damn about people who choose to remain ignorant and unprepared, I do rue the prospect of this world reducing itself to the state for which the typical Luddite pines.

Going back to medieval standards of living is nothing any of us want, no matter how some think that they do. Just think "shoes". Now think what shoes will be like, if they be like anything at all, in a world tossed backward 9 centuries due to our forceful stupidity. Anyone thinking that such is indeed what they want is a freakishly stupid turnip.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    Note the idiotic reaction... "Oh hohoho... man..." as if this nitwit's children had not come within a hair's breadth of losing their lives.

This reminds me of the stoopid people from places like Ill-Annoy who come to the desert every year and die out there because they wander out in 118* heat, thinking they are safe because their cars are all comfy in the A/C. Car breaks down in the middle of nowhere and they literally cook to death under the sun. The general ignorance of reality on the part of the average man is amusing in its intensity. This whole bitch we call "reality", the fake one made of our technological smoke and mirrors that is, may one day come apart. When it does, most Americans will die in short order because they will have no clue what to do. While I don't give the least damn about people who choose to remain ignorant and unprepared, I do rue the prospect of this world reducing itself to the state for which the typical Luddite pines.

Going back to medieval standards of living is nothing any of us want, no matter how some think that they do. Just think "shoes". Now think what shoes will be like, if they be like anything at all, in a world tossed backward 9 centuries due to our forceful stupidity. Anyone thinking that such is indeed what they want is a freakishly stupid turnip.
    Like this idiot that never thinks ahead more than 3 seconds. The foreseeable future is obvious to some and yet invisible to others.

Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post

Look at her reaction in the glass when the gorilla is just hitting the window. Hilarious....at around :09

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Look at her reaction in the glass when the gorilla is just hitting the window. Hilarious....at around :09
    LOL! I missed that the first time.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleaner44 View Post
    Like this idiot that never thinks ahead more than 3 seconds. The foreseeable future is obvious to some and yet invisible to others.

ouch

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Nice find. You would think their kids would know better than to visually challenge a male gorilla.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Just part of the show. <shrug> Let me know when he actually breaks out.
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is a zoo, not a house of horrors, so I'm pretty sure it's not in the interest of the zoo to make their customers fear for their lives.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

glad the glass held. That beautiful animal could have been seriously hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    1960 or so would be just fine.

Plenty of technology, without the global surveillance grid.

ETA - Shoes? Sandals...which is pretty much what everybody wears now.

2000 year old Roman soldier's sandal found in France.
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 04-19-2015 at 01:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, this is a zoo, not a house of horrors, so I'm pretty sure it's not in the interest of the zoo to make their customers fear for their lives.
    This happened in Omaha Henry Doorly zoo in the gorilla exhibit. The local news was all over it, one of the directors said that it would have taken a lot more hit before even the cracked window would break and the same would have to be done to the 2nd window for anyone to be in danger.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    1960 or so would be just fine.

Plenty of technology, without the global surveillance grid.

ETA - Shoes? Sandals...which is pretty much what everybody wears now.

2000 year old Roman soldier's sandal found in France.
    Point taken. Now fast-forward about 500-900 years and look again, especially considering freezing and soggy conditions.

I don't wear sandals. Ever. Shoes, boots, or mainly nothing.

BTW, those are beautifully made.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.