Thread: Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter vetoes cannabis oil bill

Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter vetoes cannabis oil bill

BOISE, Idaho (KBOI) - Idaho Governor C.L. "Butch" Otter vetoed legislation Thursday that would have legalized oil extracted from cannabis plants thought to help relieve severe seizures in epileptic children.

SB 1146 passed both the house and senate during the legislative session.

In a letter that Otter included with his veto he says that while he sympathizes with the families trying to cope with the impacts of the disease, the bill ignores ongoing scientific testing on alternative treatments and it asks the state to look past the potential for misuse and abuse with criminal intent.
    http://www.kboi2.com/news/local/Otte...300208081.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Non-compassionate narrow minded moron.

the bill ignores ongoing scientific testing on alternative treatments
    here's your alternative... its benign as candy:

Due to the large number of serious and possibly fatal side effects, the FDA has placed several warnings and advisories on Depakote.

The label carries black-box warnings for the following:

• Pancreatitis in children and adults
    • Liver failure (hepatotoxicity)
    • Birth defects, including spina bifida

The FDA classifies Depakote as a class D drug, which means it has been shown to cause harm to human fetuses and should only be taken during pregnancy if no other medications can be used to treat a condition.
    http://www.drugwatch.com/depakote/

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

What criminal intent?

Getting high?

How horribly criminal. I'm peeing myself in fear that my next door neighbor might use cannabis oil to get in the privacy of his own home.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

He used to be considered a libertarian. I remember being pretty hopeful for him in 2008. I don't know what happened.

What? This is totally the most benign version of medical legalization. You could eat burn or dissolve and inject a pound of the stuff without getting high. There is no reason to oppose CBD oils. This is just sick, and on some level sadistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    What criminal intent?

Getting high?

How horribly criminal. I'm peeing myself in fear that my next door neighbor might use cannabis oil to get in the privacy of his own home.
    Thing is, you can't get high on CBD oil. THC you get high. CBD you don't, and it's CBD oil that treats seizures. This stuff comes from plants that basically gives off only or almost only CBD, and it's refined into the oil from there. It has shown remarkable effects for easing the symptoms of epilepsy, and it is about as psychoactive as tylenol.