Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ron Paul investment ad predicts Currency Crisis, Civil Unrest

Ron Paul investment ad predicts Currency Crisis, Civil Unrest

https://orders.cloudsna.com/chain?ci...1=#%23AST03347

What is this, and what does it really mean? Is this just an informerical?

--

[mod edit] more here:

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ron-p...207796096.html
    Last edited by jct74; 06-18-2015 at 05:34 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Based on the chart shown, this is a couple years old. Which doesn't really matter I guess. He's right as usual. Stansberry is a stock brokerage firm, isn't it?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Okay, he's pushing a book by Porter Stansbury, whom he really trusts apparently. The book is called: America 20/20: The survival blueprint. It's a plan on how to protect your wealth. Stansbury, along with Ron, is convinced the economy will collapse and there will be a following social collapse.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

RonPaulUpdate.com

http://ronpaulupdate.com/

Why is Ron Paul helping out these snake oil salesmen with a rehearsed interview? Every now and then these sorts of alarmists show up on the radio and internet with their book being the only thing that can make/save your financial future. I disdain those people.

Edit-I just realized this Porter Stansberry guy is the clown who promoted the whole "End of America" crap in 2012.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 04-22-2015 at 08:42 PM.

This is sad. Watching this interview, it reminds me of how Larry King is relegated to scripted infomercials in order to make extra cash.

I'm sure he is sincere. Basically nothing he hasn't been saying for a while now. But this was very scripted. I wonder why Paul agreed to this format.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

It's mutually VERY profitable for all those involved. win/win.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't see why you guys are bashing ron paul's voluntary choices.

I think it was a great interview. Im not understand what the problem is here.

I like his "what if" style. lol

The sky is falling and give me yo money. He's been doing this for most of his political career.

Ron Paul investment ad predicts Currency Crisis, Civil Unrest

While Kentucky Sen. Rand Paul continues his bid for the 2016 Republican presidential nomination, his father is starring in an ad that warns darkly that the United States is teetering on the brink of a devastating financial crisis whose effects can only be avoided by following his investment advice.

“Hi, Ron Paul here,” the former GOP congressman and two-time Republican presidential candidate says in the radio ad published by BuzzFeed. “Today I have an urgent message for every American who’s retired or thinking about retiring soon. You see, our own government’s disastrous policies have now put you, me and everyone over the age of 50 at great risk. Sometime in the near future, we’re going to have yet another financial crisis. This one won’t be solved with bailouts, and it will hit seniors the hardest.”

The 79-year-old warns of a coming economic armageddon — one not backed up by mainstream economic projections. According to a recent report from Moody’s Analytics, the U.S. economy is expected to grow 3 percent for the year despite a slowdown due, in part, to an unseasonably bad winter. And the value of the U.S. dollar has increased almost 15 percent from last year.

“I fear there will be civil unrest, a drop in stock prices, pension fund collapses, big changes to Social Security and Medicare, the erosion of personal liberties, bank and brokerage closings and ultimately a major crisis as the U.S. dollar is rejected for almost any nonpaper alternative,” Paul continues.

Ron Paul’s doomsday view could complicate his son’s bid for the GOP nomination as Rand Paul looks to run a more mainstream campaign than did his father, who lost three separate bids for the presidency before leaving Congress and becoming a source of investment advice for apocalyptic thinkers.

“This is the second most interesting father-son psychodrama in the presidential race,” Washington Post political reporter Karen Tumulty told Yahoo News last month. “On one hand, [Rand Paul] wants to draw distinctions [with Ron Paul], but on the other hand, tap into that energy his father was able to build.”

The minute-long spots direct listeners to a website that includes a 54-minute infomercial-style video produced by Stansberry & Associates Investment Research, a conservative investment advice newsletter.

“Dr. Ron Paul strongly believes when the next crisis hits, there will be no warning, and the government won’t save you,” a voice-over says. “Go online to www.ronpaulwarning6.com, where you’ll learn simple steps you can take to protect your retirement.”

In the video, billed as an exclusive interview with the 12-term former congressman, Paul says the pending crisis will be “worse than our Great Depression.”

“In short, I believe that we as a nation are on the brink of a massive financial crisis infinitely worse than the crisis of 2008,” he says. “And that’s because it won’t be a banking and mortgage problem but a full-blown currency crisis the likes of which we’ve never experienced in this country. The savings of millions of people could be wiped out overnight. The stock market could crash by 50 percent or more. The way of life we’ve enjoyed as Americans for over 50 years could come to an end. It’s not a question of if this will happen, but when.”

The former Libertarian presidential candidate says that as a result of the inevitable currency crisis, “the middle class gets wiped out, the way you work, live, retire in America — everything is going to change.”

But “the real killer,” Paul says, “will be the effect of all this on our society and on our liberties.”

Ron Paul also appears in a similar, Stansberry-produced video carrying the same message.

“People won’t have any clue what to do when there’s a line around the block just to access the ATM,” he says. “I think we’ll see problems in the big cities especially — in fact, we’re already seeing the beginnings of that: Ferguson, the riots in New York and Detroit.”

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/ron-p...207796096.html

I'm even more confused. Is Ron Paul now somehow linked up with this guy?
    http://briandeer.com/stansberry/stan...rch-scam-1.htm

You see, our own government’s disastrous policies have now put you, me and everyone over the age of 50 at great risk.
    I am under 50, so does that mean I am not a great risk? I think we are all at great risk regardless of age.

It's been a sad fall for Ron Paul. He must be in real trouble if he is resorting to linking hands with doomsdayer Porter Stansberry.

Remember the End of America ads in 2012? Oh wait, it's 2015.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Short Income Tax Video

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Even Bill Gross is doubtful:

https://www.janus.com/bill-gross-investment-outlook

May 4, 2015
    A Sense of an Ending
    There is accumulation there is responsibility after these there is unrest great unrest
    Having turned the corner on my 70th year, like prize winning author Julian Barnes, I have a sense of an ending. Death frightens me and causes what Barnes calls great unrest, but for me it is not death but the dying that does so. After all, we each fade into unconsciousness every night, do we not? Where was “I” between 9 and 5 last night? Nowhere that I can remember, with the exception of my infrequent dreams. Where was “I” for the 13 billion years following the Big Bang? I can’t remember, but assume it will be the same after I depart – going back to where I came from, unknown, unremembered, and unconscious after billions of future eons. I’ll miss though, not knowing what becomes of “you” and humanity’s torturous path – how it will all turn out in the end. I’ll miss that sense of an ending, but it seems more of an uneasiness, not a great unrest. What I fear most is the dying – the “Tuesdays with Morrie” that for Morrie became unbearable each and every day in our modern world of medicine and extended living; the suffering that accompanied him and will accompany most of us along that downward sloping glide path filled with cancer, stroke, and associated surgeries which make life less bearable than it was a day, a month, a decade before.
    Turning 70 is something that all of us should hope to do but fear at the same time. At 70, parents have died long ago, but now siblings, best friends, even contemporary celebrities and sports heroes pass away, serving as a reminder that any day you could be next. A 70-year-old reads the obituaries with a self-awareness as opposed to an item of interest. Some point out that this heightened intensity should make the moment all the more precious and therein lies the challenge: make it so; make it precious; savor what you have done – family, career, giving back – the “accumulation” that Julian Barnes speaks to. Nevertheless, the “responsibility” for a life’s work grows heavier as we age and the “unrest” less restful by the year. All too soon for each of us, there will be “great unrest” and a journey’s ending from which we came and to where we are going.
    A sense of an ending has been frequently mentioned in recent months when applied to asset markets and the great Bull Run that began in 1981
    A “sense of an ending” has been frequently mentioned in recent months when applied to asset markets and the great Bull Run that began in 1981. Then, long term Treasury rates were at 14.50% and the Dow at 900. A “20 banger” followed for stocks as Peter Lynch once described such moves, as well as a similar return for 30 year Treasuries after the extraordinary annual yields are factored into the equation: financial wealth was created as never before. Fully invested investors wound up with 20 times as much money as when they began. But as Julian Barnes expressed it with individual lives, so too does his metaphor seem to apply to financial markets: “Accumulation, responsibility, unrest…and then great unrest.” Many prominent investment managers have been sounding similar alarms, some, perhaps a little too soon as with my Investment Outlooks of a few years past titled, “Man in the Mirror”, “Credit Supernova” and others. But now, successful, neither perma-bearish nor perma-bullish managers have spoken to a “sense of an ending” as well. Stanley Druckenmiller, George Soros, Ray Dalio, Jeremy Grantham, among others warn investors that our 35 year investment supercycle may be exhausted. They don’t necessarily counsel heading for the hills, or liquidating assets for cash, but they do speak to low future returns and the increasingly fat tail possibilities of a “bang” at some future date. To them, (and myself) the current bull market is not 35 years old, but twice that in human terms. Surely they and other gurus are looking through their research papers to help predict future financial “obits”, although uncertain of the announcement date. Savor this Bull market moment, they seem to be saying in unison. It will not come again for any of us; unrest lies ahead and low asset returns. Perhaps great unrest, if there is a bubble popping.
    Policymakers and asset market bulls, on the other hand speak to the possibility of normalization – a return to 2% growth and 2% inflation in developed countries which may not initially be bond market friendly, but certainly fortuitous for jobs, profits, and stock markets worldwide. Their “New Normal” as I reaffirmed most recently at a Grant’s Interest Rate Observer quarterly conference in NYC, depends on the less than commonsensical notion that a global debt crisis can be cured with more and more debt. At that conference I equated such a notion with a similar real life example of pouring lighter fluid onto a barbeque of warm but not red hot charcoal briquettes in order to cook the spareribs a little bit faster. Disaster in the form of burnt ribs was my historical experience. It will likely be the same for monetary policy, with its QE’s and now negative interest rates that bubble all asset markets.
    But for the global economy, which continues to lever as opposed to delever, the path to normalcy seems blocked. Structural elements – the New Normal and secular stagnation, which are the result of aging demographics, high debt/GDP, and technological displacement of labor, are phenomena which appear to have stunted real growth over the past five years and will continue to do so. Even the three strongest developed economies – the U.S., Germany, and the U.K. – have experienced real growth of 2% or less since Lehman. If trillions of dollars of monetary lighter fluid have not succeeded there (and in Japan) these past 5 years, why should we expect Draghi, his ECB, and the Eurozone to fare much differently?
    Because of this stunted growth, zero based interest rates, and our difficulty in escaping an ongoing debt crisis, the “sense of an ending” could not be much clearer for asset markets. Where can a negative yielding Euroland bond market go once it reaches (–25) basis points? Minus 50? Perhaps, but then at some point, common sense must acknowledge that savers will no longer be willing to exchange cash Euros for bonds and investment will wither. Funny how bonds were labeled “certificates of confiscation” back in the early 1980’s when yields were 14%. What should we call them now? Likewise, all other financial asset prices are inextricably linked to global yields which discount future cash flows, resulting in an Everest asset price peak which has been successfully scaled, but allows for little additional climbing. Look at it this way: If 3 trillion dollars of negatively yielding Euroland bonds are used as the basis for discounting future earnings streams, then how much higher can Euroland (Japanese, UK, U.S.) P/E’s go? Once an investor has discounted all future cash flows at 0% nominal and perhaps (–2%) real, the only way to climb up a yet undiscovered Everest is for earnings growth to accelerate above historical norms. Get down off this peak, that F. Scott Fitzgerald once described as a “Mountain as big as the Ritz.” Maybe not to sea level, but get down. Credit based oxygen is running out.
    At the Grant’s Conference, and in prior Investment Outlooks, I addressed the timing of this “ending” with the following description: “When does our credit based financial system sputter / break down? When investable assets pose too much risk for too little return. Not immediately, but at the margin, credit and stocks begin to be exchanged for figurative and sometimes literal money in a mattress.” We are approaching that point now as bond yields, credit spreads and stock prices have brought financial wealth forward to the point of exhaustion. A rational investor must indeed have a sense of an ending, not another Lehman crash, but a crush of perpetual bull market enthusiasm.
    asset prices may be past 70 in market years, but savoring the remaining choices in terms of reward risk remains essential
    But what should this rational investor do? Breathe deeply as the noose is tightened at the top of the gallows? Well no, asset prices may be past 70 in “market years”, but savoring the remaining choices in terms of reward / risk remains essential. Yet if yields are too low, credit spreads too tight, and P/E ratios too high, what portfolio or set of ideas can lead to a restful, unconscious evening ‘twixt 9 and 5 AM? That is where an unconstrained portfolio and an unconstrained mindset comes in handy. 35 years of an asset bull market tends to ingrain a certain way of doing things in almost all asset managers. Since capital gains have dominated historical returns, investment managers tend to focus on areas where capital gains seem most probable. They fail to consider that mildly levered income as opposed to capital gains will likely be the favored risk / reward alternative. They forget that Sharpe / information ratios which have long served as the report card for an investor’s alpha generating skills were partially just a function of asset bull markets. Active asset managers as well, conveniently forget that their (my) industry has failed to reduce fees as a percentage of assets which have multiplied by at least a factor of 20 since 1981. They believe therefore, that they and their industry deserve to be 20 times richer because of their skill or better yet, their introduction of confusing and sometimes destructive quantitative technologies and derivatives that led to Lehman and the Great Recession.
    Hogwash. This is all ending. The successful portfolio manager for the next 35 years will be one that refocuses on the possibility of periodic negative annual returns and miniscule Sharpe ratios and who employs defensive choices that can be mildly levered to exceed cash returns, if only by 300 to 400 basis points. My recent view of a German Bund short is one such example. At 0%, the cost of carry is just that, and the inevitable return to 1 or 2% yields becomes a high probability, which will lead to a 15% “capital gain” over an uncertain period of time. I wish to still be active in say 2020 to see how this ends. As it is, in 2015, I merely have a sense of an ending, a secular bull market ending with a whimper, not a bang. But if so, like death, only the timing is in doubt. Because of this sense, however, I have unrest, increasingly a great unrest. You should as well.
    -William H. Gross
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Short Income Tax Video

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    It's been a sad fall for Ron Paul. He must be in real trouble if he is resorting to linking hands with doomsdayer Porter Stansberry.
    He's doing what he's done for 40 years. Sorry, but Ron Paul is never going to bend over and take it from the establishment no matter how much you bitch and moan.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    He's doing what he's done for 40 years. Sorry, but Ron Paul is never going to bend over and take it from the establishment no matter how much you bitch and moan.
    What an irrelevant comment.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    What an irrelevant comment.
    It was very relevant to your comment, especially considering your long history of establishment bootlicking.

Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    It was very relevant to your comment, especially considering your long history of establishment bootlicking.
    Ron Paul not selling himself out to this snake oil salesman does not equal bending over to the establishment.

Of course, to you, any non-Alex Jones fan is part of the establishment.

For the love of hard money is the root of all evil.
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

ron paul message.com??

my dad said he saw an ad for ron taking about the economic crisis and advertising a website ronpaulmessage5.com or maybe witha five. i cant find anything on the internet about this website though? what is he talking about?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

What is Ron Paul hawking?

http://ronpaulmessage.com/?cid=MKT03...FdgXgQod12AAGg

The Truth About the Economy is Terrifying
    Former U.S. Presidential candidate & 22-year Congressman predicts the next huge disaster for America—worse than 2008, Black Monday and Great Depression—and how you should prepare to protect yourself, your family and your finances...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

I've seen him in ads all over the internet. It looks like some infomercial company paid him and are using his name to promote who knows what.

Porter Stansberry...shady financial doom guy.

You may remember his "End of America" ads in 2012.

Yeah, but I wasn't surfing. Just saw him on a television commercial hawking this one personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

The better question is: WHO is Ron Paul Hawking?

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The better question is: WHO is Ron Paul Hawking?
    The better question is: WHY is Ron Paul Hawking? FTFY

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast