Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If God and Mary somehow "begat" Jesus, then how can Jesus be "fully human"?

If God and Mary somehow "begat" Jesus, then how can Jesus be "fully human"?

Whatcha think?
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-16-2015 at 06:15 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well God begat Adam. Was Adam fully human?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Whatcha think?
    That's actually a good question. Interested in seeing replies on this one as well.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Nah, according to the book Adam wasn't begat, he was merely a quicky dust fabrication job. (Star dust I assume.)

Nah, according to the book Adam wasn't begat, he was merely a quicky dust fabrication job. (Star dust I assume.)
    Adam was created by God from the dust of the earth--I guess you could call that "star dust". lol When God breathed into Adam's nostrils the "breath of life"--only then Adam became a living soul. *search the term "breath of life"

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Adam was created by God from the dust of the earth--I guess you could call that "star dust". lol When God breathed into Adam's nostrils the "breath of life"--only then Adam became a living soul. *search the term "breath of life"
    Breath they had not, spirit they had not,
    Character nor vital spark nor fresh comnplexions;
    Breath gave Odin, spirit gave Hænir,
    Vital spark gave Lodur, and fresh complexions.

All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

Your point is?

By your command.

https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...34.WazQfjKsisk

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol--I was thinking something more along these lines in terms of a "Biblical search".
    http://bible.knowing-jesus.com/topic...-Life/type/kjv

Quote Originally Posted by otherone View Post

We've got Vikings?

Good point. Since GOD can flat out create people from dust, why was Mary's involvement with the Jesus "begatting" process even necessary or desirable?

Jesus had to have an early component because he experienced death, once for all, as a sacrifice for sin. For him not to have been fully man would have made it impossible to take on the sin penalty for mankind.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    Jesus had to have an early component because he experienced death, once for all, as a sacrifice for sin. For him not to have been fully man would have made it impossible to take on the sin penalty for mankind.
    Sorry, I really don't think that having a really bad week concluding with rising from the dead is any part of being "fully human", or even necessary.

If his Dad finally chooses to forgive the sins and sinners, just go ahead and do it, preferably without all of the blood and drama.

But that's how God's righteousness is satisfied. I didn't make the rules.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Whatcha think?
    God and Mary didn't have a sexual union. You're still going on about this when its been pointed out to you that you are wrong.

In the incarnation, the eternal Second Person of the Trinity put on flesh. The two nature's never mixed. That is how Jesus can be fully God and fully man.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    God and Mary didn't have a sexual union. You're still going on about this when its been pointed out to you that you are wrong.

In the incarnation, the eternal Second Person of the Trinity put on flesh. The two nature's never mixed. That is how Jesus can be fully God and fully man.
    John 3:16, heavy on the begotten part. Argue with your Bible.

Next!
    Last edited by Ronin Truth; 04-16-2015 at 11:37 AM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    John 3:16, heavy on the begotten part. Argue with your Bible.

Next!
    The Greek text says monogenes huios which means "one and only son" or "unique son". "Begotten" is not in the text. If you were a student of the Bible, you would know this...but you aren't.

Sorry, I really don't think that having a really bad week concluding with rising from the dead is any part of being "fully human", or even necessary.

If his Dad finally chooses to forgive the sins and sinners, just go ahead and do it, preferably without all of the blood and drama.
    Problem here is that you make the error of many schismatics in thinking God the father is distinct from the Son. The Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are of one essence.
    Quote Originally Posted by John 14:7
    If you really know me, you will know my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him.
    I thought you said that you read the gospels, RT. You oughtta know this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

It's not hard for me to accept that Jesus was wholly man and wholly God, after all, God made man in his own image. But, I am confused about why there are claims in the Bible that Jesus came from King David's lineage. It also states that Joseph came from King David's lineage, but if he's not really Jesus's father, then how can Jesus come from Joseph's lineage?

Anyone?
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

The reason that God does not "just forgive sins" is because He has a law that is part of His eternal character and that He can never bend on. This law had to be perfectly fulfilled in order for anyone to be able to stand in His presence. Jesus lived a perfect life and His sinless life was imputed to the accounts of God's elect so that they can stand without blemish before God.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    It's not hard for me to accept that Jesus was wholly man and wholly God, after all, God made man in his own image. But, I am confused about why there are claims in the Bible that Jesus came from King David's lineage. It also states that Joseph came from King David's lineage, but if he's not really Jesus's father, then how can Jesus come from Joseph's lineage?

Anyone?
    Both Mary and Joseph came from the linage of David--hence Jesus of the same linage of both of them.

Both Mary and Joseph came from the linage of David--hence Jesus of the same linage of both of them.
    Oh, I don't remember reading that Mary was from the same lineage.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Oh, I don't remember reading that Mary was from the same lineage.
    It's what Luke 1:27 claims:

To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Some will argue the context here thinking that it's talking about Joseph, but it's actually referring to Mary the "virgin". It's debatable because the scriptures aren't clear on it.
    Last edited by Terry1; 04-16-2015 at 12:22 PM.

It's what Luke 1:27 claims:

To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

Some will argue the context here thinking that it's talking about Joseph, but it's actually referring to Mary the "virgin". It's debatable because the scriptures aren't clear on it.
    That verse implies that Joseph's lineage is from David, not Mary. There are other verses that are clear that Joseph's lineage is from David, but nothing showing that Mary is.

It makes me wonder about adopted children who don't know their bloodlines. Can they not claim the bloodlines of their adopted parents? And if its acceptable to claim their adopted heritage, then wouldn't it be okay for Jesus to do the same?
    Last edited by Deborah K; 04-16-2015 at 12:41 PM. Reason: clarity

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    part pig part monkey as I understand

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

The reason that God does not "just forgive sins" is because He has a law that is part of His eternal character and that He can never bend on. This law had to be perfectly fulfilled in order for anyone to be able to stand in His presence...
    A deity that has to obey laws isn't omnipotent.

The reason that God does not "just forgive sins" is because He has a law that is part of His eternal character and that He can never bend on. This law had to be perfectly fulfilled in order for anyone to be able to stand in His presence. Jesus lived a perfect life and His sinless life was imputed to the accounts of God's elect so that they can stand without blemish before God.

What LAW is that? Who made that LAW?

What LAW is that? Who made that LAW?
    God's law. God made it.

Quote Originally Posted by robert68 View Post
    A deity that has to obey laws isn't omnipotent.
    God does not have to obey the laws He made for humans. Jesus did it voluntarily on the cross to save His elect.

Quote Originally Posted by tobismom View Post
    But that's how God's righteousness is satisfied. I didn't make the rules.
    I understand. I just keep on vainly wishing that GOD just had a whole lot more basic common sense that me.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast