Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chris Christie: I Will Crack Down And Not Permit Legal Marijuana as President

Chris Christie: I Will Crack Down And Not Permit Legal Marijuana as President

YAY!

If New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie (R) becomes president of the United States, he said on "The Hugh Hewitt Show" Tuesday, he will "crack down" on those states that have ended prohibitions on marijuana.

When asked by Hewitt if he would enforce federal drug laws in those states that have legalized and regulated cannabis, Christie responded unequivocally.

"Absolutely," Christie said. "I will crack down and not permit it."

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/0...usaolp00000592
    Last edited by The Northbreather; 04-15-2015 at 02:32 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yay for freedom.

Christie's gun control positions will keep him far enough away from the throne.

Hopefully Rand will crack down and not permit Chris Christie anymore donuts.

What an idiot, I'll bet 99.9% of cannabis users are more physically healthy and I'll be 90% of cannabis users are more intelligent than this guy..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

He's tired of going to 7-11 at midnight and finding all the Hostess cupcakes have been snagged by stoners.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

I care not one whit what Bernie maddoffs lobbyist has to say.

Stick a fork in yourself Chris, you're done. (watch out for the gravy that will be pouring out)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Is he also going to crack down on soda and diet soda which is killing far more people than all illegal drugs combined? Considering his waste line, I think not.

You may be able to garner some additional votes for downing crack. It may also help out with some of your weight issues.

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 08:01 AM.

FAIL

DEAD AND DYING

Nearly half (49%) of Americans say they have tried marijuana, and 12% in the past year, which the 2012 National Survey on Drug Use and Health says is the most commonly used illicit drug in the U.S. The government survey showed that 18.9 million Americans 12 or older (7.3%) had used marijuana in the prior month.

"Support for marijuana legalization is rapidly outpacing opposition."

- Pew Research

Last edited by presence; 04-15-2015 at 03:45 PM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-16-2016 at 10:37 PM.

Either you accept and seek to enforce the fact that 49% of Americans DESERVE TO BE INCARCERATED or you succumb to the reality that the very concept of "illegal flowers" is ridiculous.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    fwiw, he isn't overly fat anymore.
    He tied rubber bands around his stomach to force it to hold less food. When they go away chances are so will his newfound sveltness.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Either you accept and seek to enforce the fact that 49% of Americans DESERVE TO BE INCARCERATED or you succumb to the reality that the very concept of "illegal flowers" is ridiculous.
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to presence again.

%$#@ I think they've tweaked the repcycle to lengthen it. Must be on account of the recent repwars.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    should be a nice sativa variety out there named 'Chris Krispy' ....somewhere...

i'm looking.....

brb

What in the H### is he smoking ?

, ,

Last edited by anaconda; 04-16-2015 at 03:40 AM.

If we de-criminalized Drugs, how would we survive ?

That would destroy asset forfeiture, police home invasions, militarization of police, virtually empty the Prisons-for-profit prgram , kick backs to judges....

Scary s###.....

, ,

And another exposes their ownership of Big Pharma knee-pads. Suck away, Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    If we de-criminalized Drugs, how would we survive ?

That would destroy asset forfeiture, police home invasions, militarization of police, virtually empty the Prisons-for-profit prgram , kick backs to judges....

Scary s###.....

, ,
    Don't forget Big Oxy and the funeral industry.

Good to know Christy wants to protect the citizenry by putting them in jail.
    Last edited by DFF; 04-15-2015 at 09:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what caused that MASSIVE dip at the very end of the 70s and into the early 80s.. I know there were some pretty big attitude shifts, gas prices were out of control, people worried about the economy and turned to Republicans for solutions, the country was definitely turning more conservative, etc.. but I have a hard time believing there wasn't some type of emotionally driven campaign or event that triggered it, sort of like a marijuana 9/11 or something. Maybe a combination of a few big events. Unfortunately I wasn't around.

Was it Charles Manson?

I mean, toking herb got REALLY popular again back in the late 90s, early 00s and is currently enjoying a huge resurgence over 15 years later, yet the last resurgence began in the late, late 60s or around 1970 and lasted less than 10 years before almost total demolition.. wtf??
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That fat warcow will never win.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Don't forget Big Oxy and the funeral industry.
    What is big oxy, and I don't actually know about the funeral industry, we talking double stacking or ....?

, ,

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    I'm still trying to figure out what caused that MASSIVE dip at the very end of the 70s and into the early 80s..
    Minimum Mandatory, No-Knock, CIA Crack, DARE Propaganda Campaign & Prison For Profit

Nixon and the Generation Gap

In the 1960s, as drugs became symbols of youthful rebellion, social upheaval, and political dissent, the government halted scientific research to evaluate their medical safety and efficacy.

In June 1971, President Nixon declared a “war on drugs.” He dramatically increased the size and presence of federal drug control agencies, and pushed through measures such as mandatory sentencing and no-knock warrants. Nixon temporarily placed marijuana in Schedule One, the most restrictive category of drugs, pending review by a commission he appointed led by Republican Pennsylvania Governor Raymond Shafer. In 1972, the commission unanimously recommended decriminalizing the possession and distribution of marijuana for personal use. Nixon ignored the report and rejected its recommendations.

Between 1973 and 1977, however, eleven states decriminalized marijuana possession. In January 1977, President Jimmy Carter was inaugurated on a campaign platform that included marijuana decriminalization. In October 1977, the Senate Judiciary Committee voted to decriminalize possession of up to an ounce of marijuana for personal use.

Within just a few years, though, the tide had shifted. Proposals to decriminalize marijuana were abandoned as parents became increasingly concerned about high rates of teen marijuana use. Marijuana was ultimately caught up in a broader cultural backlash against the perceived permissiveness of the 1970s.

The 1980s and 90s: Drug Hysteria and Skyrocketing Incarceration Rates

The presidency of Ronald Reagan marked the start of a long period of skyrocketing rates of incarceration, largely thanks to his unprecedented expansion of the drug war. The number of people behind bars for nonviolent drug law offenses increased from 50,000 in 1980 to over 400,000 by 1997.

Public concern about illicit drug use built throughout the 1980s, largely due to media portrayals of people addicted to the smokeable form of cocaine dubbed “crack.” Soon after Ronald Reagan took office in 1981, his wife, Nancy Reagan, began a highly-publicized anti-drug campaign, coining the slogan "Just Say No." This set the stage for the zero tolerance policies implemented in the mid-to-late 1980s. Los Angeles Police Chief Daryl Gates, who believed that “casual drug users should be taken out and shot,” founded the DARE drug education program, which was quickly adopted nationwide despite the lack of evidence of its effectiveness. The increasingly harsh drug policies also blocked the expansion of syringe access programs and other harm reduction policies to reduce the rapid spread of HIV/AIDS.

In the late 1980s, a political hysteria about drugs led to the passage of draconian penalties in Congress and state legislatures that rapidly increased the prison population. In 1985, the proportion of Americans polled who saw drug abuse as the nation's "number one problem" was just 2-6 percent. The figure grew through the remainder of the 1980s until, in September 1989, it reached a remarkable 64 percent – one of the most intense fixations by the American public on any issue in polling history. Within less than a year, however, the figure plummeted to less than 10 percent, as the media lost interest. The draconian policies enacted during the hysteria remained, however, and continued to result in escalating levels of arrests and incarceration.
    http://www.drugpolicy.org/new-soluti...story-drug-war
    Last edited by presence; 04-15-2015 at 06:18 PM.

I'm still trying to figure out what caused that MASSIVE dip at the very end of the 70s and into the early 80s.. I know there were some pretty big attitude shifts, gas prices were out of control, people worried about the economy and turned to Republicans for solutions, the country was definitely turning more conservative, etc.. but I have a hard time believing there wasn't some type of emotionally driven campaign or event that triggered it, sort of like a marijuana 9/11 or something. Maybe a combination of a few big events. Unfortunately I wasn't around.

Was it Charles Manson?

I mean, toking herb got REALLY popular again back in the late 90s, early 00s and is currently enjoying a huge resurgence over 15 years later, yet the last resurgence began in the late, late 60s or around 1970 and lasted less than 10 years before almost total demolition.. wtf??
    I graduated High School in 1992. I have no idea how to account for that massive dip except to just kind of shrug and point to Ronald and Nancy Reagan's "just say no" campaign.

In the 80's I remember this huge crackdown on drugs. I didn't even know wtf a 'drug' was, really, except in the bookish sense. I specifically remember wondering how in the world this was supposed to be "America" if we can pass laws about what people can and can not eat.

I don't remember any sort of galvanizing event, but I do remember the push to demonize drugs, and I had always just associated that with the "Just Say No" campaign and the two Reagans behind it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    What is big oxy, and I don't actually know about the funeral industry, we talking double stacking or ....?

, ,
    Oxycontin. Pharmaceutical pain management. I was actually referring to how more people die of accidental overdose on legally prescribed advanced pain management than the sum collection of all illegal drug deaths combined.

Clearly Christie is desperate for support from some quarter of the GOP. He realizes he will never win over the growing number of liberty lovers. So he's going all out tyrant hoping to get special interest support. Good luck, Bacon King!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast