Thread: Rand Paul Campaign Commercial Ideas

Rand Paul Campaign Commercial Ideas

Started this thread to start brainstorming ideas on how to get the best message out to the primary states.

In 2012, this was a brilliant commerical. Rand has also practised with compassion in his field. Something definately should be put into the works to emphasize Rand's medical career. IMO.

All ideas welcome. Go!
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How about a RON Paul endorsement ad right before Iowa?

I know it probably goes without saying, but the Ron Paul endorsement would have been HIGHLY coveted if Rand were not running. Every single candidate would have been trying to get that endorsement. Ron Paul has endorsed lots of candidates that didn't agree with him 100%.

An ad that had Ron describing why he's endorsing Rand would go a long way. Not only with energizing caucus-goers, but also with fundraising.

Basically, like this:

Ron Paul looking at the camera with Carol sitting next to him.
    "There are so many things wrong with the path that we're on. I worked my entire political career trying to stop Washington from dragging this country down and prevent more damage from being done."

(Throw in a few sentimental images here...)

"If we are to leave the American dream for our children and grandchildren, we have to stop this crushing debt. We have to stop believing it is our job to nation-build in every nation across the globe. We have to begin trusting in individual liberty again. We have lost our way. But Carol and I have incredible hope for this next generation. We have seen it in them. We believe they are the ones that can finally put us back on the right path. But they need our help."

(Insert happy, prosperous images here...)

"Like all couples, Carol and I sometimes have our minor disagreements and we sometimes have disagreements with our children, but of this we can be sure... We can trust in Rand to do the right thing when it comes to the interests of our nation. He is able to clearly diagnose the problem and find the solution. And for that reason, we are endorsing Rand Paul for President. It's that important."

"I'm Rand Paul and I endorse this message"

(or something like that...)
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

I dunno.....

Was this thread a bad idea or a duplicate?

Or is it just too many people wanna argue over the Bible?

Would a mod please move to Rand's grassroots if that would better suit?
    Last edited by Todd; 04-16-2015 at 01:37 PM.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

A remake of John Dennis' absolutely brilliant "wicked witch" ad, with Rand, hillary, and a John Dennis appearance / endorsement at the end to prevent Rand from being accused of stealing the idea.
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

I think Rand HAS to be the first to come up with a solid anti-establishment commercial. Something that will make people remember he's the one the establishment will fight against the hardest.

Once someone else paints themselves as the anti-Bush/Clinton candidate, the sheep will lap it up. Rand needs to be first out of the gate.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I think Rand HAS to be the first to come up with a solid anti-establishment commercial. Something that will make people remember he's the one the establishment will fight against the hardest.

Once someone else paints themselves as the anti-Bush/Clinton candidate, the sheep will lap it up. Rand needs to be first out of the gate.
    That's why he picked the defeat the Washington machine slogan.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I think Rand should play dirty politics when it comes to ads.

Rather, instead of focusing on Why he is the right Man for the job, viciously detail why they aren't.

What I'm saying is, there appears to be this new wave of what may be called "Libertarian Elitism" propping up everywhere. Notwithstanding, this is a trend I don't see ending anytime soon. So, standing on that Square, we can clearly see that all the "momentum" is already there. There is blood in the water, LOTS of blood. I think Rand should be Piranha in attack ads, not a Great White.. Save that archetype for POTUS.

Take notes:

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My idea is really simple. You open with John F. Kennedy talking about his tax cut plan. Then you move to Reagan talking about his tax cut plan. Then Rand talks about his tax cut plan.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    My idea is really simple. You open with John F. Kennedy talking about his tax cut plan. Then you move to Reagan talking about his tax cut plan. Then Rand talks about his tax cut plan.
    + rep.

This is a great idea. I think you'll have to spell it out how those tax cuts worked out and caused economic improvement. Just a little graphic right after each statement.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Rand's team should make a mash up of all the praise he's getting on the late term abortion issue right now on the website and play a full one minute ad in Iowa closer the caucus. They could even include all of Krauthammer's comments or even just from 4:58 to 5:10 (tube in jct74's post). Also Rand Paul should introduce late term abortion legislation in the Senate exactly the way Krauthammer talked about ASAP before someone else does.

Two reasons:

1) Republicans (like everyone else) like a winner who outsmarts their opponents. Rand doing this to the Democratic party makes people love him like your favorite sports team beating an arch-rival. UPDATE: Just saw this thread: here's the dynamic I'm talking about from our "supporter" Rush Limbaugh.
    2) It'll fight back the "libertine libertarian" narrative that his opponents will try to create in a more socially conservative state.

Last edited by Libertea Party; 04-17-2015 at 09:27 PM.
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

How about JC Watts pointing out the hypocrisy of the "shush" comment with Benghazi and then saying "With Randal there is no scandal. When you fight for liberty, you don't fight for Hillary."

Quote Originally Posted by chrono187 View Post
    I think Rand should play dirty politics when it comes to ads.

Rather, instead of focusing on Why he is the right Man for the job, viciously detail why they aren't.

What I'm saying is, there appears to be this new wave of what may be called "Libertarian Elitism" propping up everywhere. Notwithstanding, this is a trend I don't see ending anytime soon. So, standing on that Square, we can clearly see that all the "momentum" is already there. There is blood in the water, LOTS of blood. I think Rand should be Piranha in attack ads, not a Great White.. Save that archetype for POTUS.

Take notes:

I wouldn't mind seeing a commercial about his position about fiscal responsibility & the penny plan to erase the national deficit.

For an idea that would stand out, I'd like to see the camera starting above him at an angle with a close up of Rand as he is explaining the problem. You can see that he is standing on 100 dollar bills. The camera pans back revealing that he is standing on a massive block of cash (CGI of course). He explains that this is what our National debt looks like in 100 dollar bills. The camera pans back further to show that the block is between the Lincoln Memorial & the Washington monument (or maybe in the center of Central Park, NY) to give a visual comparison of how large our debt actually is. Maybe at the end he could mention that the National debt is not the only debt we have.

I whipped these up in Photoshop when Ron was running:

I found out that 1 million dollars stacked was forty inches tall (in $100 bills). I was curious to see what a large brick of money looked like so I printed a sheet of $100 bills with 7 columns & 14 rows to use as a reference point. Using photoshop I whipped up a brick that was the equivalent of $98,000,000 in my living room. Then I made this gif:

You can see that one block of $98,000,000 at the bottom of the field for scale. And below is a gif of what our National debt was when Ron was running:

With the cost of technology the way it is today, it wouldn't be incredible expensive to create a 30 second spot with a photo-realistic pile of our debt. Visually, I think it would be a striking commercial.
    Last edited by mello; 04-18-2015 at 12:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Libertea Party View Post
    Rand's team should make a mash up of all the praise he's getting on the late term abortion issue right now on the website and play a full one minute ad in Iowa closer the caucus. They could even include all of Krauthammer's comments or even just from 4:58 to 5:10 (tube in jct74's post). Also Rand Paul should introduce late term abortion legislation in the Senate exactly the way Krauthammer talked about ASAP before someone else does.

Two reasons:

1) Republicans (like everyone else) like a winner who outsmarts their opponents. Rand doing this to the Democratic party makes people love him like your favorite sports team beating an arch-rival. UPDATE: Just saw this thread: here's the dynamic I'm talking about from our "supporter" Rush Limbaugh.
    2) It'll fight back the "libertine libertarian" narrative that his opponents will try to create in a more socially conservative state.
    ^^^This

...and soon, while it's still a hot topic.

"We have nothing to fear except our own unwillingness to defend what is naturally ours, our God-given rights. We have nothing to fear that should cause us to forget or relinquish our rights as free men and women. To thrive, we must believe in ourselves again, and we must never, never trade our liberty for any fleeting promise of security." - Rand Paul

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I think he needs to mention the points that resonate with voters:

Auditing The Fed
    Lowering Taxes
    Ending the NSA
    Ending the IRS
    Making minor drug offenses minor
    Fixing the economy
    No more war in the middle east

yada yada ...

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing a commercial about his position about fiscal responsibility & the penny plan to erase the national deficit.

For an idea that would stand out, I'd like to see the camera starting above him at an angle with a close up of Rand as he is explaining the problem. You can see that he is standing on 100 dollar bills. The camera pans back revealing that he is standing on a massive block of cash (CGI of course). He explains that this is what our National debt looks like in 100 dollar bills. The camera pans back further to show that the block is between the Lincoln Memorial & the Washington monument (or maybe in the center of Central Park, NY) to give a visual comparison of how large our debt actually is. Maybe at the end he could mention that the National debt is not the only debt we have.

I whipped these up in Photoshop when Ron was running:

I found out that 1 million dollars stacked was forty inches tall (in $100 bills). I was curious to see what a large brick of money looked like so I printed a sheet of $100 bills with 7 columns & 14 rows to use as a reference point. Using photoshop I whipped up a brick that was the equivalent of $98,000,000 in my living room. Then I made this gif:

You can see that one block of $98,000,000 at the bottom of the field for scale. And below is a gif of what our National debt was when Ron was running:

With the cost of technology the way it is today, it wouldn't be incredible expensive to create a 30 second spot with a photo-realistic pile of our debt. Visually, I think it would be a striking commercial.
    None of that is going to work. It doesn't matter how simple you express a real problem, consider the audience.

Start appealing to the base emotions. Their "7 Deadly Sins" is a good place to start. If you are craft enough, these are emotions that can be guided, or manipulated- depending on Perspective. I believe the air is ripe for Vanity preyers. The Truth is you have unrealistic expectations regarding their capacity for critical thought; thinking in general. Take a moment and consider the average voter, the average American.

What I'm TRYING to say, you have to talk to them as if you were talking to an unpredictable baby. The differences between classes in Society are most pronounced in the light of Reason, and language. You can feel poverty, it is in the Air. If you want the vote of these people, start speaking their language..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Newspeak
    Last edited by chrono187; 04-18-2015 at 12:39 AM. Reason: 8891

DO SOMETHING LIKE THIS, GET 14 MILLION VIEWS AND WIN!

Last edited by orenbus; 04-18-2015 at 01:08 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

I think visualizing how much we actually owe can appeal to voters base emotions. Here is a rough mockup I whipped up so you can wrap your mind around the potential of my commercial idea:

Remember Ron Paul's "What If..." speech? Is there any short speech or part of a speech (preferably from the Senate floor, or from some official hearing) Rand Paul has given powerful enough to fit this style? Perhaps a series of subjects could be presented this way.

Rand should do a minority outreach ad. He should begin with this little clip of Hillary speaking at a black church:

Then, it should shift to him speaking of what he wants to do for black and Latino communities.

Then, a voiceover should say: "Minority Outreach? Who does it better?"

I'm Rand Paul and I approve this message.
    Rand Paul 2016
    Justin Amash 2024
    Thomas Massie 2032

Check out Matthew Vines' Reformation Project!

Picture this:

The scene opens with an ankle-high view of someone walking in cowboy boots. All of a sudden, the person comes across various obstacles in his path. Let's say crony capitalism, government corruption, or whatever issues you may choose. The person then crushes each one of them as he keeps walking. Concluding, the camera slowly moves upward and reveals the person to be Rand Paul. He then says, "I'm Rand Paul, and I am going to crush the obstacles blocking American prosperity, liberty, and security. Now is the time to Defeat the Washington Machine and restore the American Dream."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rand Paul should remake this ad, point out Hillary ran it in 2008, and make it about Benghazi.

"This time there really was a phone call. It was from the U.S. ambassador in Libya. He made phone all after phone call. Because of lack of action from Hillary Clinton he was killed. He initially made his request for help on March 28, 2012. On April 6, 2012 terrorists threw an IED over the embassy walls. On April 19, Hillary Clinton signed a cable back to the embassy saying the request was denied. On September 10th, the head of Al Qaeda openly called for attacks in Libya to avenge the death of his second in command. September 11, 2012, after Hillary Clinton denied multiple requests for additional security, Ambassador Stephens was killed by Al Qaeda. On September 12th, Hillary tried to blame the entire fiasco on anger over a YouTube video. When asked about this obvious lie during senate hearings she responded by saying 'What difference does it make?' Ask yourself this. Do you really want Hillary Clinton manning the Whitehouse phone if she has put your son in harms way?"

Here's the timeline proving everything I just said and then some.

http://directorblue.blogspot.com/201...readsheet.html
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yeah but were any of those phone calls made at 3 A.M?I think her only cell phone is on airplane mode the rest of the day.

Perhaps Ambassador Stevens got confused by the time difference or by daylight savings time or something.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    Find liberty candidates to support:
    http://www.candidates4liberty.com

bump
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by PaleoPaul View Post
    Rand should do a minority outreach ad. He should begin with this little clip of Hillary speaking at a black church:

Then, it should shift to him speaking of what he wants to do for black and Latino communities.

Then, a voiceover should say: "Minority Outreach? Who does it better?"

I'm Rand Paul and I approve this message.
    SAVE THAT GEM FOR AFTER THE NOMINATION. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by mello View Post
    I think visualizing how much we actually owe can appeal to voters base emotions. Here is a rough mockup I whipped up so you can wrap your mind around the potential of my commercial idea:

Doing that in a green screen, and wrapping it around balancing the budget and cutting all spending in under 30 seconds would be monumental. It would be costly but just as much of a game changer. Rather than while being just as informative on a youtube video you found roaming the crevices of youtube, is now on a campaign video in realtime in real messaging. +rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016