Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Megyn Kelly GRILLS Debbie Wasserman Schultz On Abortion, Rand Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    Reading comprehension failure SF. "Flipping the debate" is not the same as "flip flopping". The first is turning the tables on your opponent. The second is changing your position. Jesus flipped the debate on the Pharisees all the time. They wanted to talk about washing hands, He flipped it around and asked them about their failure to take care of their elderly parents.
    Yes, you're right. I totally read that wrong. +rep

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    What's religious about whether 2 + 2 = 4? What's religious about whether GMO foods are good or bad? What's religious about whether or not bell bottoms are back in style? Seriously you've got a broken logic circuit.
    There is everything religious about math and logic.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    If God does not exist, why wouldn't it be right to kill 9 month old babies, or 3 year old babies?
    Believing in the non-aggression principle does not require one to believe in god, sir.

lol.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    Believing in the non-aggression principle does not require one to believe in god, sir.
    Yes it does. The non-aggression principle is completely arbitrary in an atheistic worldview.

That's your opinion. I disagree with it. That said, what's religious about bell bottoms or a pigtails versus ponytails or which bowties versus neckties?
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by KingNothing View Post
    lol.

"The chief aim of all investigations of the external world should be to discover the rational order and harmony which has been imposed on it by God and which He revealed to us in the language of mathematics."

--Johann Kepler

That's your opinion. I disagree with it. That said, what's religious about bell bottoms or a pigtails versus ponytails or which bowties versus neckties?
    That's only my opinion? Where does the rational order of the universe come from, jmdrake?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's only my opinion? Where does the rational order of the universe come from, jmdrake?
    Math is beyond universal. Two + two would equal 4 even if the universe had never been created. I see you're still avoiding the fashion question. If all arguments boil down to religion then that would include fashion. God cares about whether or not I wear a plaid tie?

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Yes it does. The non-aggression principle is completely arbitrary in an atheistic worldview.
    Please, get past the fact that other people believe in things for reasons that YOU think are arbitrary. Can't you just focus on the point of agreement instead of trying to attack another person's exact same belief just because they don't believe it for the same reasons you do?
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Math is beyond universal. Two + two would equal 4 even if the universe had never been created. I see you're still avoiding the fashion question. If all arguments boil down to religion then that would include fashion. God cares about whether or not I wear a plaid tie?
    Where do the laws of mathematics get their universal character from?

Quote Originally Posted by Crashland View Post
    Please, get past the fact that other people believe in things for reasons that YOU think are arbitrary. Can't you just focus on the point of agreement instead of trying to attack another person's exact same belief just because they don't believe it for the same reasons you do?
    No, I don't just think it's arbitrary, it is arbitrary. There is no obligation in an atheistic worldview to not aggress against people.

Where do the laws of mathematics get their universal character from?
    The laws of mathematics were not created. They were merely discovered. And you are still avoiding the fashion question. Why is that? Are you afraid of admitting you are wrong? Because you are wrong. I'm going to keep pointing this out until you fess up.
    Last edited by jmdrake; 04-18-2015 at 06:32 PM.

No, I don't just think it's arbitrary, it is arbitrary. There is no obligation in an atheistic worldview to not aggress against people.
    You don't have an atheistic worldview, so you wouldn't know would you? Who are you to tell people there can be no reason not to hurt people except for YOUR reason? You are so close-minded you can't even acknowledge that other people think differently and are motivated by things that you aren't motivated by.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

You don't have an atheistic worldview, so you wouldn't know would you? Who are you to tell people there can be no reason not to hurt people except for YOUR reason? You are so close-minded you can't even acknowledge that other people think differently and are motivated by things that you aren't motivated by.
    I do acknowledge you think differently. And your atheistic worldview is the reason that any position on ethics is completely arbitrary.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The laws of mathematics were not created. They were merely discovered. And you are still avoiding the fashion question. Why is that? Are you afraid of admitting you are wrong? Because you are wrong. I'm going to keep pointing this out until you fess up.
    I agree that the laws of logic and mathematics weren't created. My question was: where do the laws of mathematics and logic get their universal character from?

Answer that question, and you will understand that the question of mathematics is a religious question.

p.s. when we answer this question, afterwards we can go on to the many things the Bible has to say about fashion.

I do acknowledge you think differently. And your atheistic worldview is the reason that any position on ethics is completely arbitrary.
    If "arbitrary" means it comes from thinking for yourself and coming to your own conclusions, then I don't mind.

Life, Liberty, Logic

If "arbitrary" means it comes from thinking for yourself and coming to your own conclusions, then I don't mind.
    No, arbitrary means that there is no valid basis for saying anything is wrong in an atheistic worldview, including aggression.

I agree that the laws of logic and mathematics weren't created. My question was: where do the laws of mathematics and logic get their universal character from?

Answer that question, and you will understand that the question of mathematics is a religious question.
    The question itself is nonsensical. That's my answer. Its a retarded question. If math wasn't created, and you just admitted that it wasn't, then it didn't "get" it's universal nature from anything.

p.s. when we answer this question, afterwards we can go on to the many things the Bible has to say about fashion.
    The Bible has nothing to say about bowties versus neckties or striped versus checkered. Once you get passed basic modesty or some specific religious "fashions" like tassels on ones skirts (and I assume you don't wear skirts) then fashion is not a religious issue. But you might pretend it is without rhyme or reason like you are pretending math is when it isn't.

I "stand with Rand" because my mother valued life in the womb and did not abort me. Thank God!

Quote Originally Posted by Unknownuser View Post
    I "stand with Rand" because my mother valued life in the womb and did not abort me. Thank God!
    Mine too! I was 4 pounds and 14 ounces premature.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345