Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Megyn Kelly GRILLS Debbie Wasserman Schultz On Abortion, Rand Paul

Megyn Kelly GRILLS Debbie Wasserman Schultz On Abortion, Rand Paul

Discussion about Rand Paul and Abortion debate begins at 4:55

Megyn Kelly tonight faced off with DNC Chairwoman Debbie Wasserman-Schultz over how the Democrats are going to push back against the emerging talking point that Hillary Clinton is the candidate of “yesterday.”

Wasserman-Schultz argued that it’s the Republicans who are living in the past, talking “the same failed policies” that got America stuck in an economic rut. Kelly asked if the Democrats are “at a disadvantage in not offering a new face,” but the Florida Democrat insisted it’s the radical Republicans who have the biggest trouble because, she put of, of their extreme views.

After asking about whether Clinton should be primaried, Kelly brought up Rand Paul‘s ongoing spat with her over where the line should be drawn at abortion. Wasserman-Schultz has accused Paul of deflecting, but Kelly was pressing her on deflections of her own.

Kelly asked what she thinks the limit should be on abortion (i.e. not in the third trimester). Wasserman-Schultz said she can’t give “a specific date and time,” but insisted those decisions are best left to women and their doctors.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/megyn-kel...-face-in-2016/
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-14-2015 at 08:37 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Follow up video discussing the interview with Brit Hume.

Last edited by orenbus; 04-14-2015 at 08:36 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    What a vicious liar. She NEVER answered the question!

Thank goodness Rand Paul has brought a fresh perspective on this issue.

If you go back and listen to the last Democratic National Convention, every single speaker mentioned abortion many times. It was their main talking point.

People really need to think about the value of a life and the consequences of what they do. Democrats, especially, need to think about it, because their policy of high taxes depends on a growing tax base.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Here is Ron Paul in 08 describing the libertarian view of abortion:

I really like the way Megan laid it out very clearly, she was actually pretty fair about it and Debbie seemed very weak unwilling to answer.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

She doesn't answer the question. Sounds like Rand Paul. She's beyond hypocritical

Gosh, I'm so sick of hearing about abortion. The country is going to hell in a hand basket already. When are they going to discuss the critical issues of the day? Ever?

This is exactly why I don't watch these news entertainment programs anymore.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That video of Ron Paul is from 2011 not 2008.
    Last edited by Suzu; 04-14-2015 at 10:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzu View Post
    That video of Ron Paul is from 2011 not 2008.
    Thanks. It must be labeled wrong. Regardless, I wish everyone would watch it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    I watched it (for probably the 5th or 6th time). It clearly says 2011 on the podium he speaks from. And the audience is waving "RON PAUL 2012" signs.

The uploader's user name is RonPaul2008dotcom

I watched it (for probably the 5th or 6th time). It clearly says 2011 on the podium he speaks from. And the audience is waving "RON PAUL 2012" signs.
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake. So what do you think about what Ron says?

Here is Ron Paul saying the killing of a fetus is aggression and immoral in 2012 (I hope I have the dates right this time):

Here's what Ron Paul believed about abortion before 2012. From wiki:

Paul calls himself "strongly pro-life"[158]*and "an unshakable foe of abortion".[159]*In 2005, 2007, 2009, and 2011, Paul introduced the Sanctity of Life Act, which would have defined life as beginning at conception at the Federal level.

From Noah Rothman at HotAir (who is most definitely not of fan of Rand):

http://hotair.com/archives/2015/04/1...rtion-came-up/
    Few politicians had a better week than did Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) when he announced his intention to run for the presidency. Perhaps Paul’s greatest roll-out week accomplishment was to force reporters and the press to take a critical look at the polling data regarding abortion politics.

Paul was asked a typical “gotcha” question regarding restrictions on abortion procedures, and whether the GOP favors exceptions to late-term abortion bans in extreme cases. Paul deftly turned the tables on his interlocutors when he asked reporters to challenge Democrats, and specifically Democratic National Committee Chair Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz (D-FL), if her party favors no restrictions at all and would support the murder of a seven-pound baby in utero. Surprisingly, some reporters did precisely as Paul suggested...

...But Wasserman Schultz’s feigned confidence on the issue of abortion politics was betrayed when she channeled Mitt Romney just a few seconds later. “At the end of the day, it’s unlikely that voters are going to be deciding who they’re going to vote for for president and whether a candidate has their back on this issue,” the DNC chairwoman said of abortion. “It’s more going to be on jobs and the economy.”

You know we are witnessing a tectonic shift in American politics regarding right to life issues when the progenitor of 2012’s War on Women and a self-described champion of “reproductive justice” sounds more like a Republican than Republicans. Wasserman Schultz would rather take the issue of abortion off the table entirely than be faced with the prospect of alienating her party’s rabidly pro-abortion base.
    I really do think Weigel nailed it when he called this Rand Paul's 'I Paid for This Microphone' Moment.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Thanks for pointing out my mistake. So what do you think about what Ron says?
    He's 100% right on. The only time in my opinion it is acceptable to terminate a pregnancy is prior to implantation in the case of rape or incest, by the use of a "morning after" pill. I believe this is RP's position also.

Debbie needs some serious help with her eye make up and lipstick. And what's with the trampy nail polish!
    Last edited by anaconda; 04-15-2015 at 05:20 AM.

What's in a Burrito Bowl? Sounds kinda good..Was Hillary likely farting up a storm in the van at some point?

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    Debbie needs some serious help with her eye make up and lipstick. And what's with the trampy nail polish!
    I'm starting to think DWS is a man. Look at some of those close ups, seriously....

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Gosh, I'm so sick of hearing about abortion. The country is going to hell in a hand basket already. When are they going to discuss the critical issues of the day? Ever?

Meh. I might have agreed with you a few years ago but then again, if government doesn't even value life then you'll be lucky to get anyone in government to give even half a $#@! about the rest of the issues. The problem I see so often is that abortion talk has historically been just something to boost a candidate's numbers in the polls and no one actually ever does anything about it. That's when the debate is meaningless in my opinion.

I mean, I'd love to see the IRS abolished but it wouldn't do me much good if government's next action after abolishing the IRS is to erase me from existence—a belated abortion of sorts.
    Last edited by nobody's_hero; 04-15-2015 at 06:52 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

Rand successfully scored points on this issue without bringing up God, Jesus, or religion. The religious right should take notice.

I don't think Megyn did Rand any favors in this...

I can see she has got her marching orders. Same with Greta. Sad.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    What's in a Burrito Bowl? Sounds kinda good..Was Hillary likely farting up a storm in the van at some point?
    Mainly rice and meat. Not nearly enough beans to fart up a storm. Its actually very good and filling for the price.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He's 100% right on. The only time in my opinion it is acceptable to terminate a pregnancy is prior to implantation in the case of rape or incest, by the use of a "morning after" pill. I believe this is RP's position also.
    It is not quite RP's position. . He thinks life begins at conception; his point has always been that you can't know or prove if a pregnancy has begun (been conceived) until after implantation; so you can't really know if it is ending a life and thus thinks you could not legally justify banning the morning after pill. ie: most of the times the morning after pill is taken it is not ending a pregnancy or potential pregnancy at all.

//duped
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-15-2015 at 08:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post

This is a critical issue. It addresses the true underlying cause of our countries problem. We have lost our soul. Those principles that this country is founded on i.e. the importance of the individual and of life itself. God made man individual and gave high value to the individual. He created us as individuals, he instilled in us individual rights, and he saves us as individuals. All life is important and THIS fact is where all of our rights spring from. Once that idea was undermined, the whole system began to fail and that is why the "country is going to hell in a hand basket." All of these other problems like debt, wars, lost of freedom, etc. are symptoms of the idea that life is only valuable as part of the collective and what you give to society, rather than having intrinsic value.
    I am more and more convinced that man is a dangerous creature and that power, whether vested in many or a few, is ever grasping, and like the grave, cries, 'Give, give.'

Abigail Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    Rand successfully scored points on this issue without bringing up God, Jesus, or religion. The religious right should take notice.
    If God does not exist, why wouldn't it be right to kill 9 month old babies, or 3 year old babies?

Quote Originally Posted by Millennial Conservatarian View Post
    You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Millennial Conservatarian again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

If God does not exist, why wouldn't it be right to kill 9 month old babies, or 3 year old babies?
    Murder is wrong regardless whether there's a god or not. Would your morality change if you knew for certain that there isn't a god? I sure hope not.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast