Thread: Join the RPFs Rand Paul Writers Team!

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries

Join the RPFs Rand Paul Writers Team!

I am pleased to announce the creation of a Ron Paul Forums "Rand Paul Writers Team" to aid in the development of written material for Rand Paul's presidential campaign. The program will work by providing peer review of new articles and high quality proofreading for members who write original pieces. This program will help enhance Rand's "Blogger Action Network" effort to get quality bloggers. One can sign up for the official Blogger Action Network at www.randpaul.com/blogger

Site members can participate in this RPFs add-on program by writing original pieces in support of Rand Paul and submitting them here for peer review, and by reviewing others' writing. This is a great program for students and others new to political writing. A key objective is to break the ice with one's personal writing, or take your writing to the next level.

Credit for this goes to jmdrake which started with his "call to virtual arms" for bloggers, that he posted here. I am excited that jmdrake agreed to be the lead coordinator for this effort too.

Here's how it works:

- Write an original piece in support of Rand Paul that falls within the scope of the official campaign's Blogger Action Network.
    - Once you are satisfied with your piece, post your draft for peer review. We plan to add a dedicated "Rand Paul Writers Team" forum soon.
    - All site members can then provide constructive feedback on your piece, offer suggestions, answer questions, provide additional facts that could strength your piece and more.
    - Process the input, discuss, debate and make updates as you see fit.
    - Once your piece is polished, contact a RPFs program coordinator on the site to submit your piece for final polish review.
    - Make final updates.
    - Publish to your blog and here at RPFs by posting a new thread in the "Rand Paul Forum".
    - The RPFs staff will promote the piece though our distribution channels for added exposure.

Note: Some material may not qualify for final polish review based on the use of logical fallacies, inappropriate language or similar unacceptable traits.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is a good idea. I likey!

I'm only seeing blank fields with no description as to what is supposed to go in them at the link. Interesting concept.

Blogger Action Network info can probably be found here: https://www.randpaul.com/blogger

Perhaps you should send Angelatc and MelissaWV a message to get them here to help out, if they aren't already a part of it. They both have good grammar skills and experience writing and/or blogging.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Blogger Action Network info can probably be found here: https://www.randpaul.com/blogger

Perhaps you should send Angelatc and MelissaWV a message to get them here to help out, if they aren't already a part of it. They both have good grammar skills and experience writing and/or blogging.
    I mentioned MelissaWV to Brian. And come to think of it, I do remember Angelatc blogging at Red State. I will be sure if she's a proofreader to make sure any blog I do is GMO friendly!
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I will be sure if she's a proofreader to make sure any blog I do is GMO friendly!
    Are you serious or are you joking? I'll be honest, if I'm going to spend time doing something like that I'm not going to do it if we have to cater to the personal ideology of proofreaders. I just won't do it.

I mean, it really is a great concept. I don't know. I'll have to think aboout it now. Will see. I like MelissaWV, though. She's well written. I don't think I've ever seen a grammatical error once from her.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-14-2015 at 06:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    Are you serious or are you joking? I'll be honest, if I'm going to spend time doing something like that I'm not going to do it if we have to cater to the personal ideology of proofreaders. I just won't do it.

I mean, it really is a great concept. I don't know. I'll have to think aboout it now. I may not participate. Will see. I like MelissaWV, though. She's well written. I don't think I've ever seen a grammatical error once from her.
    I was seriously joking. Didn't you see the face? This is about freedom, not micromanagement. We're here to encourage each other, not stifle each other.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Excellent concept, I'll be participating as an editor, if not perhaps also as a writer

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    I was seriously joking. Didn't you see the face? This is about freedom, not micromanagement. We're here to encourage each other, not stifle each other.
    Certain subjects cause people to go into auto-crank mode (myself included), I think you've got the right attitude--glad to see you at the helm. I am a semi-decent proofreader and used to write for my college newspaper, but I'm in the midst of a move where I'll lose internet for extended periods, so I can't be relied on.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Note: Some material may not qualify for final polish review based on the use of logical fallacies, inappropriate language or similar unacceptable traits.
    Is The Collins going to be one of the proofreaders?
    I have an autographed copy of Revolution: A Manifesto for sale. Mint condition, inquire within. (I don't sign in often, so please allow plenty of time for a response)

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Certain subjects cause people to go into auto-crank mode (myself included),
    The thing with that is that we sometimes view freedom through different lenses. I've seen it many, many times here. And through opposing lenses. The GMO thing just kind of popped out at me when he brought it up in the context that he did. Really, because the terms of controversy with which it is discussed in the general public is rarely anywhere near scope of relevance. For instance, it is actually a Geo-political issue now and it will remain a Geo-political issue. Just wait until the Chinese Asian Infrastructure Development bank (which includes a rapidly growing host of nations that are opposed to the products) starts handing out loans for agricultural infrastructure development. And I could keep going on and on and on about that in terms of a foreign policy asessment. And, of course, we've certainly seen some rather interesting debate here on the forums. There actually is support for these industries to continue seeking government protections as well as support for their continued interference with local and state laws as well as campaigns and if we don't like it then we're a liberal (insert insult here). And in the name of freedom, no less. That's not encouragement at all. In fact, it's discouragement. Ah well. I don't want to get off topic here.

It really is an interesting concept, the blogger thing. I don't know. It'll likely work well if you stick to cookie cutter issues and terms of controversy, I suppose. I don't know that I want my work being edited, though. Actually, I know that I don't. So I'm likely out of this one now that I think of it. Good luck on it, though.
    Last edited by Natural Citizen; 04-14-2015 at 08:05 PM.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    To clarify a few issues. The author of a piece is certainly the author and retains complete editorial control of what they write. That said, if one insists to use derogatory terms when naming other candidates (that's an ad hominem logical fallacy), use foul language and try to put their pet issues under Rand's umbrella you should expect to get some flak by site reviewers and we're not going to get it the final polish (as noted). There certainly isn't anything that would bind you to accept the mark-ups of a final review either.

During the on-site reviews, anyone can of course provide proofreading of any kind.

We'll be looking to add skilled individuals to do the final polish review as things progress.

Thanks everyone.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Bump for new banner!

I'm confused...we just write good stuff about Rand? and what happens...?
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    I'm confused...we just write good stuff about Rand? and what happens...?
    Post a draft here, other members will review it and provide suggestions to make your argument better, and whatever else. After those updates are made we'll have a high quality proofreader suggest some final edits to make the piece rock solid.

Great idea, looking forward to reading some articles!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    These articles can also be used for reaching older demographics by submitting them as letters to the editor of newspapers. That will be the cheapest way to reach more people than simply preaching to the choir online.

There are several websites that will post articles without wanting exclusive rights to them. I would like to host articles that way on http://www.libertyclick.org. There's also the Rand Paul blogging team as mentioned in the OP and Lew Rockwell.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I like the window that says, 'Tell us more about your bog.'

Well, it's soft and peaty, and smells of methane. Why do you ask?
    Last edited by acptulsa; 04-21-2015 at 09:59 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

So, we just post a draft of an article we type up that is, for lack of better terminology, "pro-Rand," right here and we get to let our fellow Internet warriors pick it apart?
    And when it comes time to post this article, assuming it gets through the gauntlet, will there be any option for anonymity?
    I don't want to post a draft here, open to the public, and then the same one pop up on a blog with my real name. I like being anonymous to an extent.

Can anyone clarify? And, yes, I went to the Rand Paul blogger site and it does not mention this detail.

Thanks
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

Supporting Member
    Florida

Blog Entries
    I joined a few minutes ago. Hopefully it works this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Okie RP fan View Post
    So, we just post a draft of an article we type up that is, for lack of better terminology, "pro-Rand," right here and we get to let our fellow Internet warriors pick it apart?
    And when it comes time to post this article, assuming it gets through the gauntlet, will there be any option for anonymity?
    I don't want to post a draft here, open to the public, and then the same one pop up on a blog with my real name. I like being anonymous to an extent.

Can anyone clarify? And, yes, I went to the Rand Paul blogger site and it does not mention this detail.

Thanks
    ???
    Welcome to the R3VOLUTION!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great idea!
    Amash>Trump

ΟΥ ΓΑΡ ЄCΤΙΝ ЄξΟΥCΙΑ ЄΙ ΜΗ ΥΠΟ ΘЄΟΥ

"Patriotism should come from loving thy neighbor, not from worshiping graven images" - Ironman77

"ideas have the potential of being more powerful than any army....The concept of personal sovereignty was pulled screaming from the ether into this reality by the force of men believing in a self evident truth, that men are meant to be free." - The Northbreather

"Trump is the security blanket of aggrieved white men aged 18-60." - Pinoy