Thread: Kelley Paul Has a Task: To Make Her Husband More Approachable

Kelley Paul Has a Task: To Make Her Husband More Approachable

Kelley Paul Has a Task: To Make Her Husband More Approachable

By JEREMY W. PETERS
    APRIL 13, 2015

Before Senator Rand Paul formally announced his campaign for president last week, he used to get one question all the time: What would stop you from running?

His answer was always the same: Kelley, his wife of almost 25 years.

“I’m like, really? ‘Do you have to keep saying that?’ ” Mrs. Paul said on Monday with a playful shrug.

But she gave her blessing. And now she is bracing to assume a vital role in the Paul campaign: making her sometimes-huffy husband seem a little more approachable.

But she makes clear that if you’re looking for a candidate who’s going to always tell you what you want to hear, he is not your guy.

“Rand’s personality is kind of ‘Cut to the point,’ ” she said in an interview to promote her new book of essays on women and the bonds they forge, “True and Constant Friends.” “I think in some ways people respond better to that, but we’ll see. We’ll see what the country wants.”

read more:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/14/us...roachable.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hell, that's the point of every potential presidential candidate's significant other: make them look normal, down-to-earth, and seem like one of the people while the candidate is out talking about the issues. That means going to the smaller key stuff, talking education, talking with kids- hell, Michelle Obama made that look easy in 2008, really.

i like rand bc he's a cut to the point person...thats how i communicate

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post
    i like rand bc he's a cut to the point person...thats how i communicate
    I've been thinking there's going to be a massive segment mostly apolitical independents who will like Rand and I think that may be a big part of it. I'm thinking about some dentists and doctors I've had and a few of my professors.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

The doctor will see you now.

I hope that the campaign turns Kelley loose on her own for a significant number of appearances. (But appearing along with Rand, and speaking at the big events, like was done at the announcement). She is an incredible asset.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Rand's wife certainly is an asset. He married up...way up. Out of his league.
    If you tell the truth, you don't have to remember anything.