Thread: Rubio in, describes self as "strong third" (after Bush, Walker)

Rubio in, describes self as "strong third" (after Bush, Walker)

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, I'd say he's a strong third choice of The Establishment.

Indeed, Billy Kristol seems to like him best of all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

It's a hit piece....

Rand Paul keeps his father's libertarian supporters but does little else, as his promised expansion of the electorate fails to materialize.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's a hit piece....
    Not saying it's not a hit piece, but it was framed as part of the "dream" as in that is what Rubio's team is dreaming of - that the evangelical vote is split between Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum and that Paul doesn't successfully expand the base. The author isn't making a definitive statement that Paul's efforts have failed, just pointing out that Rubio hopes and dreams that it will fail

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    It's a hit piece....
    They try to use 'libertarian' as a pejorative since it's been successfully slandered as being solely about reckless drug use and hedonism. These type of statements are so transparent and demeaning.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-13-2015 at 10:33 AM.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by libertyplz View Post
    Not saying it's not a hit piece, but it was framed as part of the "dream" as in that is what Rubio's team is dreaming of - that the evangelical vote is split between Cruz, Huckabee, Santorum and that Paul doesn't successfully expand the base. The author isn't making a definitive statement that Paul's efforts have failed, just pointing out that Rubio hopes and dreams that it will fail
    Meanwhile in Florida, establishment Republicans are freaking out about having to decide between Bush and Rubio.

Rubio is all "style" and no substance. Just like Walker, another backup establishment candidate in case Jeb doesn't make it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by adelina View Post
    Rubio is all "style" and no substance. Just like Walker, another backup establishment candidate in case Jeb doesn't make it.
    Sad, that. He's all style yet has no style. And no class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

His website is a complete joke. Which makes me despise him even more since it's so obvious that he's an unserious candidate who is just out to slam Rand during the debates.

Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 10:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Meanwhile in Florida, establishment Republicans are freaking out about having to decide between Bush and Rubio.
    And the rest of them are foaming at the mouth by Carson, Cruz and Fiorina. Rand needs to stake ground in the sunshine state if Rubio is not gonna be a serious candidate.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    And the rest of them are foaming at the mouth by Carson, Cruz and Fiorina. Rand needs to stake ground in the sunshine state if Rubio is not gonna be a serious candidate.
    Do you think that Rand has a chance in Florida? From what I understand the GOP there is either old people in the south and Deep Southerners in the northern part of the state.
    Stop believing stupid things

well according to RCP avg Rand is in third.

Rubio: "I'm the meat, in the Neo-Con sandwich."
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    They try to use 'libertarian' as a pejorative since it's been successfully slandered as being solely about reckless drug use and hedonism. These type of statements are so transparent and demeaning.
    This. As much as I identify with the libertarian party, Rand needs, much more than Ron, to come off as a very strong republican. I've known lots of republicans who are cautious of anyone who doesn't seem "republican enough." Granted, that doesn't mean he needs to sound hawkish and support an unsustainable foreign policy, but he quite be Ron.

That's sad, because I like Ron's blunt truths. He woke me up and cured my apathy. Now that he's awoken so many, though, Rand should be able to draw in those who were turned away from Ron's style.

At least, I hope that Rand can successfully pull off being a bridge! It's a fine dance to perform, doing that, and he's already said and done things that left me feeling conflicted over him. I'll support him, though, in hopes that he can unite the divide in the party without much compromise.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A strong third establishment? He wont come in 3rd in any of the first three states.

Supporting Member
    Michigan

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

Can anyone photoshop this gif with some GOP big wig and/or banker on the right hand side (Rubio's left) with his pants down? It kinda looks like Marco Polo is going down for a quick game of fallatio.