Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oklahoma Deputy Tells Dying Man Shot by Accident, “F**k Your Breath,” as He Struggles to Breat

Oklahoma Deputy Tells Dying Man Shot by Accident, “F**k Your Breath,” as He Struggles to Breat

A 73-year-old volunteer deputy who has donated thousands of dollars of items to the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office over the years was allowed to participate in a high-profile sting operation where he ended up killing a man by accident.

Reserve deputy Robert Bates said he only meant to tase Eric Harris instead of shooting him to death.

In a body cam video that is going viral, Bates can be heard apologizing for shooting the suspect before dropping the gun.

Harris, who had led deputies on a pursuit after he attempted to sell a gun and ammo to an undercover cop, is seen on the ground with a deputy’s knee on his head.

“He shot me! He shot me, man. Oh, my god. I’m losing my breath,” Harris says.

“$#@! your breath,” a deputy responds. “Shut the $#@! up!”

“I shot him. I’m sorry,” Bates can be heard saying.

Harris, 44, was pronounced dead shortly after at a local hospital.

Bates, a wealthy insurance executive, has been a reserve deputy with the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office since 2008.

While he was apologetic about shooting Harris, Tulsa police defended his actions, claiming that Harris had “refused to pull his left arm from underneath his body where his hand was near his waistband,” even though that would be difficult to do with several deputies on top of you.

Meanwhile,, Tulsa authorities are chalking this fatal accident up to a scientific phenomenon known as ‘slips-and-capture,’ a theory invented by use of force psychologist Dr. Bill Lewinski, who has testified on behalf of other officers who pulled a deadly trigger. Lewinski was contacted by the Tulsa Sheriff’s Office for this case and confirmed that Bates was in fact a victim of his slips-and-capture theory. Lewinski also attributed this phenomenon to the shooting death of Oscar Grant at the hands of Bay Area Rapid Transit police officer Johannes Mehserle in 2009.

According to Police One:
    “These are mistakes that are made when you think you are doing one thing but you actually are doing another and the result often is directly opposite of what you intended,” Lewinski says. “In effect, your intended behavior ‘slips off’ the path you wanted it to go because it is ‘captured’ by a stronger response and sent in a different direction.

Tulsa Police Sergeant Jim Clark, the private consultant hired to lead the internal investigation, explained in a press conference Friday that Bates was not meant to be part of the arrest team, but under the chaotic circumstances, was thrust into the position after Harris alluded arrest on foot and fought with officers as they attempted to restrain him. Once Bates saw the struggle, he exited his vehicle with his ‘less lethal’ pepper ball gun, and ran towards the deputies to render aid. As Bates arrived at the scene, he can be heard yelling “Taser Taser” as if he was about to discharge electrodes into Harris to incapacitate him, but instead accidentally pulls a .38 special revolver from his holster and fires one shot in Harris’ shoulder that would prove to be fatal.

http://photographyisnotacrime.com/20...med-man-video/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Accidents happen all the time. I can't tell you how many times I've mistaken my sidearm for my taser. Especially when I use my revolver. Tasers and revolvers are almost identical in size and shape and looks. And the sighting on the two are absolutely un-differentiating.

"Accident"????

It's great for you guys that you have your Freudian theories and all, but seriously, all anyone has to do is look at the record of the worst dictatorships in the world to see that "shoot first and deal with fallout later" is a uniquely American phenomenon.

In other words, anyone calling this anything other than the direct intent of the system is hopelessly full of $#@!.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Meanwhile,, Tulsa authorities are chalking this fatal accident up to a scientific phenomenon known as ‘slips-and-capture,’ a theory invented by use of force psychologist Dr. Bill Lewinski, who has testified on behalf of other officers who pulled a deadly trigger. Lewinski was contacted by the Tulsa Sheriff’s Office for this case and confirmed that Bates was in fact a victim of his slips-and-capture theory. Lewinski also attributed this phenomenon to the shooting death of Oscar Grant at the hands of Bay Area Rapid Transit police officer Johannes Mehserle in 2009.

According to Police One:
    “These are mistakes that are made when you think you are doing one thing but you actually are doing another and the result often is directly opposite of what you intended,” Lewinski says. “In effect, your intended behavior ‘slips off’ the path you wanted it to go because it is ‘captured’ by a stronger response and sent in a different direction.
    I can't believe this is serious... It would be hilarious if it wasn't so tragic...

'Slips-and-capture', oh, so that makes everything peachy keen then, yes? SMH
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Tulsa authorities are chalking this fatal accident up to a scientific phenomenon known as ‘slips-and-capture,’ a theory invented by use of force psychologist Dr. Bill Lewinski, who has testified on behalf of other officers who pulled a deadly trigger.
    Apparently this is what they mean when they say "best defense money can buy."

http://www.citypages.com/2010-04-28/...cessive-force/
    Lewinski now charges $475 an hour for his work as an expert witness. By his own estimate, he bills upward of $100,000 a year in expert testimony fees alone.

At least he didn't keep mistaking his pistol for a taser until the clip was empty like that guy in the Carolinas...
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

“$#@! your breath,” a deputy responds. “Shut the $#@! up!”

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's definitely TCSO for ya. Chase you down in Tahoes and then lecture you for driving an automobile fast while their adrenaline subsides. Run over people's trailers then claim the lights weren't working even before they crushed them. More would probably be done about the department if there was more of Tulsa County that was outside the jurisdiction of municipalities. But this was in the city of Tulsa, a place the TCSO used to do nothing but drive down the expressway at ninety with impunity.

I'd like to see Glanz lose his job over this, but not holding my breath.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

sting operations should never be legal.. this is entrapment pure and simple.. and this man is dead now.. over WHAT??!?!?!?!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

In law enforcement, these kind of things happen from time to time. It's tragic, but at the same time we can't just not enforce the law. In this case, this man was illegally selling guns. It's very likely, that if he wasn't stopped, those guns he was selling would have found their way into the hands of dangerous individuals.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    sting operations should never be legal.. this is entrapment pure and simple.. and this man is dead now.. over WHAT??!?!?!?!
    This man is dead, in order to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

It was an accident. He said "sorry."
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

"$#@! yo breath! Dat air ain't free, brudda!"

$#@! 'em.

And seriously, this is getting ridiculous. So I guess if I happen to mistake a grenade for a baseball next time I'm playing ball, it'll be fine?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

Quote Originally Posted by Spikender View Post
    So I guess if I happen to mistake a grenade for a baseball next time I'm playing ball, it'll be fine?
    It depends. Do you put your life on the line, every day of the week, to protect and serve others?
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    It depends. Do you put your life on the line, every day of the week, to protect and serve others?
    Sure I do.

I recycle, ya know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Miriam Godwinson View Post
    We Must Dissent.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Am I understanding correctly that this was a paid human hunting expedition with guides?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Am I understanding correctly that this was a paid human hunting expedition with guides?
    Yes, I believe you are.

Truth.

Open season on mundanes. Hunting Safari
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

According to Police One:
    In other words:

If you cannot dazzle them with brilliance,
    Baffle them with bull$#@!.

Shooter charged with second-degree manslaughter : http://abcnews.go.com/US/oklahoma-re...ry?id=30277587

The guy that killed him is a pay-to-play cop.

The Tulsa World said Bates, who worked for a year as a police officer in 1964-65, served as chairman of the Re-elect Sheriff (Stanley) Glanz Committee in 2012 and donated $2,500 to Glanz’s campaign that year. The footage of the shooting was captured on another deputy’s body camera.
    It’s not all that uncommon. Volunteer reserve officers have become a staple in the Tulsa sheriff’s department, which reportedly uses about 100 of them, as well as in many other cities. It’s not unusual for them to be out on assignment, Tulsa County Sheriff’s Maj. Shannon Clark told the Tulsa World. By trade, they’re bankers, doctors, lawyers, retired cops or even celebrities. They get varying degrees of training and they help the local police, not just by patrolling with them, usually at no cost, but also sometimes by bringing their own equipment, including weapons. Some departments even request donations in exchange for the positions. The Oakley, Mich., police department asks for $1,200, according to Salon.

“These people drop four or five grand and dress up to look like police,” Donna LaMontaine, president of the Deputy Sheriffs Association of Michigan, told the magazine. “I have a problem with that.”
    http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/m...n-for-a-taser/

The department should be held accountable for allowing an inept individual the ability to accompany them especially while armed and dangerous.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    The department should be held accountable for allowing an inept individual the ability to accompany them especially while armed and dangerous.
    Yes. Because only properly trained individuals should be allowed to kill humans and curse at them and rough them up they're dying.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by Schifference View Post
    which department?...there are hundreds of them that need the occupants arrested, and held until further notice.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    The guy that killed him is a pay-to-play cop.
    A safari. What do think of that Tito?

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails green-parakeet-front.jpg  

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

“These people drop four or five grand and dress up to look like police,” Donna LaMontaine, president of the Deputy Sheriffs Association of Michigan, told the magazine. “I have a problem with that.”
    So do I, Donna.

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    This man is dead, in order to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people

Exactly Comrade! Victim-less crimes against the state must be dealt with in a swift and calculated manner, even if it involves a little accidental killing. If you don't want to die then you need to follow orders at all times.

Eric Harris did this to himself.

Sources: Supervisors told to falsify reserve deputy's training records; department announces internal review

The Maricopa County (Arizona) Sheriff's Office on Thursday questioned a training claim made by Reserve Deputy Robert Bates in the aftermath of a fatal shooting.
    In a statement that the 73-year-old reserve deputy gave the sheriff's office following the fatal shooting of Eric Harris during an undercover operation on April 2, Bates noted he had taken "active shooter training" from the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office.

Lisa Allen, chief media relations office for the sheriff's office there, said they had no record of Bates attending their training.

In fact, Allen said, that training is only available to members of the Maricopa County Sheriff's Office, meaning Bates would not have been eligible. The class, Allen said, has only been offered three times.
    Supervisors at the Tulsa County Sheriff’s Office were ordered to falsify a reserve deputy’s training records, giving him credit for field training he never took and firearms certifications he should not have received, sources told the Tulsa World.

At least three of reserve deputy Robert Bates’ supervisors were transferred after refusing to sign off on his state-required training, multiple sources speaking on condition of anonymity told the World.
    http://www.tulsaworld.com/homepage1/...7b03c6c04.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast