Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: why is Rubio so confident he is giving up his senate seat?

Quote Originally Posted by adelina View Post
    Rubio has no chance at all, not at the nomination and certainly not against Hillary. He's not serious about winning in 2016 either.
    If he doesn't get on the 2016 ticket as VP, he will run for governor in a few years time to set himself up for a serious attempt at the nomination in either 2020 or 2024.

Edit:
    Atwater has decided not to run for senate, interestingly. So if Rubio drops out in time, he could still run for reelection.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That's what Rubio is planning. Run until it's clear he's not winning, but get his name out on the national scene. Get reelected to the Senate, then do the full out run in 2020 or 2024.
    "While it has been a vigorous and productive debate up until this point, I have decided that it is best to throw my support behind the best option for the GOP and for our great nation, and that is Jeb Bush. Now, I will focus on my re-election to the Senate, as it has become clear that this is the best way for me to serve Florida and America."
    Last edited by Brian4Liberty; 04-12-2015 at 07:38 PM.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Rubio is playing a game in cahoots with Jeb. He is going to try and keep Rand from winning Nevada but drop out before Florida clearing the way for Jeb. And then if Jeb becomes President, he will get an appointment from President Bush III. And then he'll run for Governor of Florida, and then President later on.

You heard it here first.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa View Post
    But... Billy Kristol loves him! How can he possibly lose?!
    and Sheldon Adelson?

Rubio is a walking talking argument to counter Rand running for both offices at the same time. Rubio will be used to attack Rand on his dual run and neocon talking points.

Imagine if Rubio goes through with quitting the Senate and keeps attacking Rand it could hurt him a few points.

If someone like Rubio with no private sector talent can quit, why can't Dr Paul quit the senate will be the argument

Then he can run for Senate again in 2018 in a strong Republican year when Clinton is in power and not against a well funded Republican Senate leader who he endorsed. Id like to see polling on Rubio vs Bill Nelson in 2018. Rand has to wait 4 years to face Mitch if he wanted to get back in. Rubio and Nelson poll better than Governor Rick Scott.

http://www.sunshinestatenews.com/sto...florida-voters

Rubio:47/35 Approval/disapproval
    Nelson:43/26 approval/disapproval

http://www.mofopolitics.com/2015/04/...ankings-41315/

GOP Presidential Power Rankings 4/13/15

Apr. 12, 2015 MFP

@mofopolitics

Not predictive. Rankings based on which candidates could amass the 1,205 delegates necessary to win the GOP nomination if the primary began today.
    1 Jeb Bush
    Jeb Bush is the clear frontrunner by every traditional electoral metric– every traditional electoral metric except actual human support.
    2 Marco Rubio
    If Rubio can upset Jeb in SC and FL, he wins the nomination.
    3 Rand Paul
    In the first official week of his candidacy, Rand Paul went all in on his dividing Americans, pandering to interest groups, and abandoning libertarianism strategery.
    4 Ted Cruz
    His first weeks’ $31 million haul turned heads, but he needs to upset Rand Paul and his vaunted organization of obnoxious out-of-town college students in Iowa to have any chance.
    5 Scott Walker
    See, I told you so.
    6 Chris Christie
    It says a lot when the highlight of your once-inevitable nomination is cooking pasta on NJTV.
    7 Mike Huckabee
    A skilled politician with no viable path to the nomination. Can he win SC? No. FL? No. TX? No. CA? No. Northeast? No. Northwest? No.
    8 Brokered Convention
    If Bush washes out, Rubio stumbles, Paul underperforms, Cruz cruzes, and Christie punches an old lady at the Iowa State Fair– all of which could happen– no other candidate gets to 1,200 delegates.
    9 Ben Carson
    Carson has been drowned out of the news the last two weeks, which, given his recent statements, is probably a good thing.
    10 Bobby Jindal
    The only RINO to defend religious liberty.
    Last edited by RandallFan; 04-13-2015 at 03:59 AM.
    BOWLING GREEN, Kentucky – Washington liberals are trying to push through the so-called DREAM Act, which creates an official path to Democrat voter registration for 2 million college-age illegal immigrants.
    Rand Paul 2010

Booker T. Washington:
    Cast it down among the eight millions of Negroes whose habits you know, whose
    fidelity and love you have tested in days when to have proved treacherous meant the ruin of your firesides.

Why is Herman Cain not in that list?
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Donald Trump / Crenshaw 2024!!!!

My pronouns are he/him/his

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Why is Herman Cain not in that list?
    He's for sure not running.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    That's unfortunate.
    It's all about taking action and not being lazy. So you do the work, whether it's fitness or whatever. It's about getting up, motivating yourself and just doing it.
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    can't, same state
    That's a myth if I recall correctly.

Connie Mack for Senate?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    Connie Mack for Senate?
    I think he is done. There is a huge bench there. Jeff Atwater will be running, and I heard he is the best of the crop.

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TaftFan View Post
    I think he is done. There is a huge bench there. Jeff Atwater will be running, and I heard he is the best of the crop.
    Florida surprise: Jeff Atwater won't run for Marco Rubio seat
    Rand Paul for Peace

Rubio slept DECENT for letting Clinton take another Democwat with her to the white house next year. $#@!ing douche. The DEM challenger is a nobody who's in the secret corner watching Liz Warren re-runs for campaign talking points. I can't $#@! with Rubio at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by rp08orbust View Post
    Maybe Jeb as offered him VP.
    can't, same state
    Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    That's a myth if I recall correctly.
    It isn't a myth, it is an inaccurate understanding. The only limitation is that the presidential electors from FL can not vote for both a President and VP from FL. The electors from FL would have to vote for a different person for VP, but every other state could pick both Bush and Rubio.

Of course if they really thought it would be an issue; you'll see Bush change his residency to another state; just like Cheney did.

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Perhaps Marco has received a private note from the Rothschilds.

He probably realizes he can't keep his seat.

-Virgil

Quote Originally Posted by philipped View Post
    Can I at least use the Herman Cain GIFS in Ben Carson threads? They look almost identical
    - Kim Kardashian

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    He probably realizes he can't keep his seat.

-Virgil

That might be a great counter attack. "Rubio can't even keep his Senate seat, so he thinks he has a shot at the Presidency? no he is not a serious candidate this cycle"
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by bxm042 View Post
    Can I at least use the Herman Cain GIFS in Ben Carson threads? They look almost identical
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Rigged !! Predetermined Jeb Bush nominee with Marco Rubio as VP against Killary. If this is the way it plays out, we can then be 120% certain American elections are totally rigged.

Out of rep ^
    - Kim Kardashian

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    That's what Rubio is planning. Run until it's clear he's not winning, but get his name out on the national scene. Get reelected to the Senate, then do the full out run in 2020 or 2024.
    That would make him very vulnerable to a Senate Primary challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by Henry Rogue View Post
    This thread makes my mouth dry.
    Our nickname for Rubio shall be:

"THIRSTY"

So now we have Thirsty and Frothy in the mix.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    That might be a great counter attack. "Rubio can't even keep his Senate seat, so he thinks he has a shot at the Presidency? no he is not a serious candidate this cycle"
    From my understanding is that the same people that helped get him elected hate him now.

-Virgil

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All the Constituion requires is the electors from Florida can't vote for them both. If Rubio can't get a majority of the electors, the issue will push to the Senate which will probably vote for Rubio.

can't, same state

Perhaps it's analogous to the Greeks burning their ships during the siege of Troy.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    He is probably the most favored establishment candidate after Jeb.
    So far that's true.

Marco Rubio leads GOP field in new national poll
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/23/politi...election-poll/

./
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-17-2016 at 04:27 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast