Thread: Welfare 2015

Welfare 2015

Sure hope this is an exaggeration....

THE OBAMA WELFARE PLAN

For a guy ad his girlfriend with two kids

Follow these proven steps.

1. Don't get married to her.
    2. Always use your mom's address to get mail.
    3. The guy buys a house.
    4. Guy rents out house to his girlfriend who has 2 of his kids.
    5. Section 8 will pay 900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
    6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn't have to pay for family insurance.
    7. Girlfriend gets to go to college for free being a single mother
    8. Girlfriend gets 600 a month for food stamps
    9. Girlfriend gets free cell phone
    10. Girlfriend get free utilities.
    11. Guy moves into home but continues to use moms house to get mail sent to.
    12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims one kid on taxes. Now you both get to claim head of house hold at $1800 credit.

13. Girlfriend gets disability for being "crazy" or having a "bad back" at $1800 a month and never has to work again.

This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people.
    A married couple with a stay at home mom yields $0 dollars.
    An unmarried couple with stay at home mom nets.
    21600 disability +
    10800 free housing +
    6000 free obamacare +
    6000 free food +
    4800 free utilities +
    6000 pell grant money to spend +
    12000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant +
    8800 tax benefit for being a single mother =
    ---------
    75,000 a year in benefits

Any idea why the country is 18 + trillion in debt.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Sure hope this is an exaggeration....

THE OBAMA WELFARE PLAN

For a guy ad his girlfriend with two kids

Follow these proven steps.

1. Don't get married to her.
    2. Always use your mom's address to get mail.
    3. The guy buys a house.
    4. Guy rents out house to his girlfriend who has 2 of his kids.
    5. Section 8 will pay 900 a month for a 3 bedroom home.
    6. Girlfriend signs up for Obamacare so guy doesn't have to pay for family insurance.
    7. Girlfriend gets to go to college for free being a single mother
    8. Girlfriend gets 600 a month for food stamps
    9. Girlfriend gets free cell phone
    10. Girlfriend get free utilities.
    11. Guy moves into home but continues to use moms house to get mail sent to.
    12. Girlfriend claims one kid and guy claims one kid on taxes. Now you both get to claim head of house hold at $1800 credit.

13. Girlfriend gets disability for being "crazy" or having a "bad back" at $1800 a month and never has to work again.

This plan is perfectly legal and is being executed now by millions of people.
    A married couple with a stay at home mom yields $0 dollars.
    An unmarried couple with stay at home mom nets.
    21600 disability +
    10800 free housing +
    6000 free obamacare +
    6000 free food +
    4800 free utilities +
    6000 pell grant money to spend +
    12000 a year in college tuition free from pell grant +
    8800 tax benefit for being a single mother =
    ---------
    75,000 a year in benefits

Something important is missing. With all of that money they guy and girl could get married. Marriage is calling upon God to witness the union between a man and his wife. Nothing more. No need to go to the state for a piece of paper that says you are "married".

The food stamps and disability figures sound ridiculously high. Those programs are designed to keep people dependent and just slightly over poverty. I'm going to need sources for these numbers to take it seriously.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    The food stamps and disability figures sound ridiculously high. Those programs are designed to keep people dependent and just slightly over poverty. I'm going to need sources for these numbers to take it seriously.
    Yeah, I think that a lot of welfare is set by the State too. You give me some hope HB, I was quite depressed when I first saw this.
    Because if this were true, we would certainly be doomed, much quicker....

Even if these numbers were correct, it is still a pittance compared to corporate welfare. Lobbyists get a pretty good return on their investments.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Damn, I've got 2 kids and a wife.

Looks like max food stamp beni is 4896/yr for a family of 3 and 6216 for a family of 4. OR if each parent claimed one kid and neither worked it'd be: 6816/yr

fyi this website has "maximum" numbers: http://www.nlsa.us/resources/benefit...onelderly.html

Family size 1 2 3 4
    Maximum benefit level $155 $284 $408 $518
    Family size 5 6 7 8 +1
    Maximum benefit level $615 $738 $816 $932 $117

Closest I ever came to Welfare was driving seven miles of road around the Family Farm when I was under 15 ,after that I was paying taxes , and I guess , considering the condition of those roads , Dad & Grand Dad had already pd enough taxes that those roads should have been mine , easily , already .LOL

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by oyarde View Post
    Closest I ever came to Welfare was driving seven miles of road around the Family Farm when I was under 15 ,after that I was paying taxes , and I guess , considering the condition of those roads , Dad & Grand Dad had already pd enough taxes that those roads should have been mine , easily , already .LOL
    What do you mean Mr oyarde? How is driving on one's road coming close to being on welfare?

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Looks like max food stamp beni is 4896/yr for a family of 3 and 6216 for a family of 4. OR if each parent claimed one kid and neither worked it'd be: 6816/yr

fyi this website has "maximum" numbers: http://www.nlsa.us/resources/benefit...onelderly.html

Family size 1 2 3 4
    Maximum benefit level $155 $284 $408 $518
    Family size 5 6 7 8 +1
    Maximum benefit level $615 $738 $816 $932 $117
    I'll be daggumed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well.... as for the Social Security Disability, the amount will vary based on a lot of different factors.

According to Nolo.com:

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...n-you-get.html
    The SSA uses your Average Indexed Monthly Earnings (AIME) and Primary Insurance Amount (PIA) to calculate your benefits. The formula Social Security uses is quite complicated, and most people won't be interested in trying to calculate their benefits on their own, especially because Social Security can give you an estimate.

To give you an idea of what you might receive, for 2015, the average SSDI benefit amount is $1,165 per month, but you can receive anywhere up to $2,663.

Quote Originally Posted by navy-vet View Post
    Well, the cost of "defense", Social Security, Medicare/medicaid, and interest on the debt alone exceeds ALL federal revenue. So you could eliminate every other program, agency, and employee and STILL not balance the budget. It isn't "welfare' recipients gaming the system that are breaking the bank. Not that I approve of it.

The two big lies in American politics:
    Democrats: if the rich would just pay their fair share in taxes, we could keep doing what we have been doing and everything would be fine.
    Republicans: if the poor would just get off their lazy, dishonest butts and work for a living we could keep doing what we have been doing and everything would be fine.

The email in the OP is part of the second big lie.
    Last edited by Acala; 04-16-2015 at 08:31 AM.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by Acala View Post
    Well, the cost of "defense", Social Security, Medicare/medicaid, and interest on the debt alone exceeds ALL federal revenue. So you could eliminate every other program, agency, and employee and STILL not balance the budget. So it isn't "welfare' recipients gaming the system that are breaking the bank. Not that approve of it.

The two big lies in American politics:
    Democrats: if the rich would just pay their fair share in taxes, we could keep doing what we have been doing and everything would be fine.
    Republicans: if the poor would just get off their lazy, dishonest butts and work for a living we could keep doing what we have been doing and everything would be fine.

The email in the OP is part of the second big lie.
    ^^^ Everybody Rep this man. Well said.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire