Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand being falsely accused of walking out of interview

Rand being falsely accused of walking out of interview

Looked to me like they both agreed to one more question, and Rand held him to it.

Rand Paul walks out of Guardian interview

By HADAS GOLD | 4/10/15 1:05 PM EDT

Sen. Rand Paul walked out of a Guardian U.S. interview being conducted via the live streaming app Periscope on Friday.

Guardian reporter Paul Lewis was asking the Kentucky Republican and 2016 Republican presidential candidate about criminal justice reform.

"One more question for you, sorry we have to sometimes be a bit forceful, when you stand for president you get pressed and questioned and you understand that," Lewis said, before mentioning that at Paul's campaign launch on Tuesday he got an enthusiastic response to his calls for criminal justice reform.

"You're standing for the Republican nomination, all the research shows that Republicans, white Republicans who will determine the outcome of this race, don't think criminal law is applied in an unfair way, so how are you going to win the nomination with this..." Lewis asked before being cut off by Paul.

read more:
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/media/...ew-205327.html

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The guy wanted to perpetuate the belief that the GOP are a bunch of racists and that he can't win because they wont like his anti-racist policies.
    Randal didn't agree and felt like he answered the question. the guy was just upset he didn't get to keep saying racist racist racist.

National Review and a few other outlets calling out this B.S.

Reporter Cries Wolf When Rand Paul Ends One Interview To Start Another

by JOEL GEHRKE
    April 10, 2015 1:27 PM

Democrats pounced on Senator Rand Paul (R., Ky.) for apparently running away from a tough question today, but it turns out he was simply ending one interview to head to another.

“Pleased Rand Paul gave us a live Periscope interview,” the Guardian’s Paul Lewis, who conducted the interview, tweeted. “Shame he didn’t seem keen on answering specifics.”

The video, though, shows that Paul stipulated that he would take “one more question” and then, after answering that final question, said he had to go. His staff also interjected, before the lights were turned off in the room.

“AirRand Running Shoes: Good for running away from tough questions (like Rand Paul just did in Iowa),” the Democrats tweeted on their official Twitter account.

read more:
    http://www.nationalreview.com/articl...er-joel-gehrke

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

The mainstream left is completely unhinged. I wasn't expecting this so early.

Muh questions...
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

The teeth are coming out!

Can you imagine the emails and correspondence flying back and forth on Journolist (or whatever they call it these days)?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Moreover, where does a British media outlet get off making demands of US politicians? They don't get a vote in the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Moreover, where does a British media outlet get off making demands of US politicians? They don't get a vote in the matter.
    Papers like the Guardian are big into celebrity gossip, Rand is a celebrity.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

At this point I hope the campaign has started to record their own copies of every single interview.

Please, somebody should try to get Drudge to link one of the supporting articles! Getting some momentum behind the "fake walkout" can help rally conservatives who dislike the liberal media, and maybe get some critics to pause as well, as they jumped on it and it turned out to be fake.

As it is now the story probably has hurt him. In the shush-interview from February, the interviewer was pretty contentious, so many who actually watched it there and then thought it was blown out of proportion. That's not remembered or mentioned now. Now it's just; "Rand was thin-skinned and angry".

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Please, somebody should try to get Drudge to link one of the supporting articles! Getting some momentum behind the "fake walkout" can help rally conservatives who dislike the liberal media, and maybe get some critics to pause as well, as they jumped on it and it turned out to be fake.

As it is now the story probably has hurt him. In the shush-interview from February, the interviewer was pretty contentious, so many who actually watched it there and then thought it was blown out of proportion. That's not remembered or mentioned now. Now it's just; "Rand was thin-skinned and angry".
    I'll put this in the main Rand forum for now so it's more visible.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-10-2015 at 02:48 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Another attack that turns out to be good attention for him? First the abortion thing, now this.

Does anyone else think Rand is getting revenge on the Media for what they did to his father?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Does anyone else think Rand is getting revenge on the Media for what they did to his father?
    Think Rand just has kind of a take no crap type of personality. Rand got kind of mad at the interviewer before the clip that they have been playing, I didn't think it was anything for Rand to get mad at really - he seemed to be in a bad mood at the start of the interview, and I thought media would have been focusing on that but instead are focusing on him "walking out" which he didn't... He clearly said 1 more question. I'm pretty impressed with the support Rand is getting from the right for this stuff, they eat this up haha.

Mashable is pushing the false story www. mashable.com/2015/04/10/rand-paul-guardian-walks-out-periscope/#:eyJzIjoidCIsImkiOiJfd29tMm5rZ2pleWRoNzA5eCJ9

Waiting for Drudge! He's getting some good defense here!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Waiting for Drudge! He's getting some good defense here!
    I sent him the Breitbart article

The left has no idea what to do with Rand.

Head over to theblaze.com and scroll to the very bottom where it says "Have a tip" and submit these links so we can get it up on The Blaze too.

Edit: It's up at The Blaze.
    Last edited by garyallen59; 04-10-2015 at 02:59 PM. Reason: It's on the blaze now
    the rEVOLution begins!

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Head over to theblaze.com and scroll to the very bottom where it says "Have a tip" and submit these links so we can get it up on The Blaze too.
    It's already on The Blaze.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2015...-what-he-says/

But that is generally a good idea for trying to get a story out, I have sent tips to The Blaze on more than a few occasions. You don't even have to provide an email address like at Breitbart or NewsBusters.
    Last edited by jct74; 04-10-2015 at 02:58 PM.

Slay the Dragon, Rand!

Quote Originally Posted by DevilsAdvocate View Post
    Yes, and thats something I still want to see! And I'm starting to think Rand may actually bring them down!
    Remember that poll from a while back, the one(s) showing that the majority of the public does not trust the media?
    It think people are seeing right through this! And they are inclined to keep seeing through similar claims.

Been checking around and few are buying this. Supposedly Dana Bash tweeted something hours ago, about this not having gone down the way the "journalist" is saying, and that it was not Rand, but CNN people, who turned off ights.

Starting to agree with others, that all the bashing by the media is making Rand more popular!

(Gotta go check his donation ticker! )

I actually feel like the media's strategy is backfiring on them. Their lies are being called and it is making Rand into something of a folk hero. It just goes to show that sometimes speaking truth to power and calling out the media works. The media is used to getting whatever they want and are acting like petulant children when Rand calls them on their crap.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by garyallen59 View Post
    Nevermind. It's up at The Blaze. But anytime there is a story you think should be heard I would recommend submitting it there. I've had several stories posted up after I submitted it there.
    the rEVOLution begins!

What pisses me off is,

WHERE IS THE REST OF THE F***CK***NG INTERVIEW?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast