Thread: NH Dems - Rand Doesn’t Want Us To “Live Free”… Thank Goodness He’s Gone

NH Dems - Rand Doesn’t Want Us To “Live Free”… Thank Goodness He’s Gone

NHDP - Rand Paul Doesn’t Want New Hampshire To “Live Free”… Thank Goodness He’s Gone

Friday, April 10, 2015 at 09:25AM

MANCHESTER – New Hampshire Democratic Party Chair Ray Buckley released the following statement on Rand Paul’s visit to New Hampshire yesterday:

"When Washington Republicans swing through New Hampshire, they really like to hone in on our beloved state motto: Live Free or Die. Rand Paul did that yesterday and tried to fool Granite Staters into thinking he’s 'different' from other Republicans because he’ll 'fight for your right to be left alone' and live free. That’s about as ridiculous and hypocritical as it gets. If Rand Paul really believed in our right to 'live free,' he wouldn’t oppose a woman’s right to preventive health care coverage or to make her own health care decisions. He wouldn’t oppose an LGBT couple’s right to get married or, frankly, have rights at all. And he sure wouldn’t make it harder for people to carry out their right to vote. We hear from a lot of typical Republicans in New Hampshire and Rand Paul is one of them. Just like the rest of them, he’s not going to fight for our right to 'live free or die' – it’s time for him to drop the act."

###
    http://www.nhinsider.com/press-relea...ree-thank.html

they're scared

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

This made my day. Thank you for the hilarity.

Attacks are a-blazing quick and fast, I must say, and from both sides. Really goes to show how he breaks that left-right paradigm, but that also means more time playing defensive and going on the offensive.

Maybe the Democratic Party needs to hire to some people to check statements made by their leaders because they can't stop saying really dumb things.

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

If Rand Paul really believed in our right to 'live free,' he wouldn’t oppose a woman’s right to preventive health care coverage or to make her own health care decisions.
    Is this prog code for "he doesn't agree that women should murder their unborn?"

I have never figured out voter ID?

If you take the D's argument its that a certain % of low income folks wouldn't be able to afford $ an ID or the time to get one. Don't most states issue ID's for free? On top of that if you are so downtrodden that you don't have an ID, don't you need one to get government assistance? It just makes no sense to me why its an issue?

The NH Democratic Party is largely well-to-do jerks from Massachusetts who moved to Nashua county so they could take advantage of New Hampshire's lower taxes while still foisting them with poisonous politics. I don't know much about this Buckley fellow, but it sounds to me that he's got a chip on his shoulder over his "alternative" lifestyle. Who knows, he might be secretly involved with the hate-mongering Neocon James Kirchick.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I have never figured out voter ID?

If you take the D's argument its that a certain % of low income folks wouldn't be able to afford $ an ID or the time to get one. Don't most states issue ID's for free? On top of that if you are so downtrodden that you don't have an ID, don't you need one to get government assistance? It just makes no sense to me why its an issue?
    This is one of those issues where it is difficult to understand what's wrong unless you understand MLK Jr.'s statement about Two Americas. This example gets overused, but in some cities with ridiculously impoverished minority populations there are social programs in place to take adults and kids alike on field trips....to a sit down restaurant. They have never gone before, they don't know how to order food from a menu and it's just a social experience that has never occured to them. Likewise, there are many in these same populations that don't know how to open a bank account, let alone go to the DMV and pay money for a license(not sure where you can get them for free).

So when folks are outraged at voter ID laws, now you know why--because there is literally a near 0% vote fraud rate and there is the very real possibility that this category of citizen would be disenfranchised.

It sucks but it is reality. On the other end, the Criminal Justice reform stuff would go a great length of disrupting the cycle of poverty that creates this underclass.
    "Freedom, then Pizza!" - Oklahoma State GOP Convention 5/11/2012

"He wouldn’t oppose an LGBT couple’s right to get married or, frankly, have rights at all."

Rand should take this on, because it's easy.

There is a soundbite of Rand saying he doesn't believe in Gay rights. The idea the he doesn't believe that Gay people have rights is totally absurd. It's easy to see that that is the basis of their argument, and it's total rubbish and easy to demonstrate so.

Rand doesn't believe in Gay rights because once it's established that you are a human being then your sexuality, gender, race don't come into it. Gay rights implies different rights to Straight rights. Rand doesn't believe in straight rights either, so I guess that means Rand believes in no rights for anybody?

The truth is that they are playing off the ignorance of the voter when they try to imply these things and they should be called out on it. When people think on it just a little bit they will quickly realize that what Rand is saying is not offensive, but what people are expected to be stupid enough to believe he is saying, well that actually is offensive.
    For Liberty!