Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is there anything more amusing than a 'sovereign citizen'?

Is there anything more amusing than a 'sovereign citizen'?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Are you sovereign?

Speaking from experience that is not how you do it.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

Guy is an idiot. "Sovereigns" all claim they don't recognize the government, but they are the first to line up for welfare, disability benefits, social security, FHA and USDA loans, etc etc. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.

Especially when they start yapping about straw man theory and ucc codes and admiralty law.... they are great scam artists, though!
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Every human on earth is a sovereign being. To those that don't understand this, congrats, you've been successfully brainwashed.
    Sure, there are sovereign idiots as well like the person in the vid. But, there are idiots everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Any idea where this incident occurred? Any citizen that exercises his/her rights and is not a slave will actually be labeled a "Sovereign Citizen" by the government.

The G will paint all these SC as crazy and violent and anti government. However the same could apply to libertarians and or folks that simply belief in our constitution and common law and that are against tyranny, the G just hasn't found a name for the latter just yet..

Not all labeled sovereign citizens are cop killers and thieves just like all cops are not killers of unarmed citizens..

My .02

Acesfull

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Every human on earth is a sovereign being. To those that don't understand this, congrats, you've been successfully brainwashed.
    Sure, there are sovereign idiots as well like the person in the vid. But, there are idiots everywhere.
    +rep
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    Schadenfreude is not all that uncommon, especially amongst statists.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yep. Just a bunch of people born on the same rock cruisin through space.

Some people got the idea that they were better than others and need to control them.

Some of them feel like you are in debt to them for being born on the same rock.

Every human on earth is a sovereign being.
    This is totally unrelated to the sovereign citizen movement.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post
    Guy is an idiot. "Sovereigns" all claim they don't recognize the government, but they are the first to line up for welfare, disability benefits, social security, FHA and USDA loans, etc etc. Bunch of cry babies if you ask me.

Especially when they start yapping about straw man theory and ucc codes and admiralty law.... they are great scam artists, though!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    Uh Oh TheCount is having another Sovereign Movement.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

Where can I buy a membership or jacket patch to the 'official' organization?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    3 BTC send pm for address. Patches ship in 48 hours.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    3 BTC send pm for address. Patches ship in 48 hours.
    I only deal in animal pelts or spent shell casings. Can we work a deal?

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    mrsat and devil should be able to help you. They've pretty well bought into it.
    Pinochet is the model
    Liberty preserving authoritarianism.
    Enforced internal open borders was one of the worst elements of the Constitution.

mrsat and devil should be able to help you. They've pretty well bought into it.
    Oh dear, Our comrade is having a movement.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Northbreather View Post
    Yep. Just a bunch of people born on the same rock cruisin through space.

Some people got the idea that they were better than others and need to control them.

Some of them feel like you are in debt to them for being born on the same rock.
    If we are just randomly floating atoms randomly floating on a rock through space, why not go for all the gusto you can and tyrannize as many people as you want?

Quote Originally Posted by jllundqu View Post

I recognize the government for what it is and act accordingly.

ISNT $LA\/ERY AWESOME

F
    U
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

How did the term "sovereign citizen" come about? What does sovereign citizen mean?

Acesfull

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    How did the term "sovereign citizen" come about? What does sovereign citizen mean?
    "Citizen" is an Iroquois concept, it means "of the people" / "with rights" as opposed to the term "Subject" which means "of the ruler" / "with privileges".

Last edited by presence; 04-12-2015 at 10:28 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Is there anything more self-evident?
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

So since I believe that the G can stick their privileges where the sun doesn't shine and simply leave me alone to exercise my natural God given rights, then I must be a " Sovereign Citizen"... I always considered myself an old school Constitutionalist with a firm belief in the "Golden Rule"...

Thanks to the folks that answered my "sovereign citizen" query.

Best regards.

Acesfull

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Government propaganda at it finest...

Do you think the law enforcement community and municipal kangaroo courts admire the believes of "Constitutionalists"? Hell no,
    They tend to label all patriots in an evil matter so as to masquerade under color of law, their law, their statutes, their ordinances and anyone that objects to their law, statutes, ordinances, gets a label... Today if one exercises his/her common law rights one is considered anti-government or a rebel sociopath with no regards to law and order... This is not always the truth..

Standing up for ones rights only make one an " American"..

My .02

Acesfull

A "Sovereign" is someone who has ultimate authority over himself. In other words, he is unowned by anyone or anything.

A "citizen" is usually expected to surrender some rights/freedoms to the "greater authority" of which he is a part, even if said citizen has not agreed to do so. See "social contract" theory.

Claiming to be a "sovereign citizen" is, to my mind, like claiming to be an "independent slave."

Bull $#@!e' a sovereign is someone who has read Louisiana Revised Statutes 14:390 et. seq. and will use it.

I agree with the principle of every human being a sovereign but whoever keeps teaching these people about whatever laws/legal code they always cite in these confrontations is doing them a severe injustice. What the law was at some point or what it was intended to be doesn't really matter unless the modern courts and law enforcement agencies recognize it as that. As of right now, they most certainly do not. None of this "sovereign legalese" will help anyone against the modern state (and I do admit that I don't understand what they're talking about at all) and it will just lead to unnecessary suffering for them. If theirs is a more superior and moral understanding of the law than the current state of the law, then hopefully it does prevail in the long run. It will not happen overnight, and asserting it right now will not magically make it happen. Again, I agree with the overall philosophy underlying the "sovereign legalese" and have no objections to her resisting in the manner she did, or even if she took it further in that regard. But idk..

What am I even advocating here? I don't know. I would never tell someone to just bend over to an authority figure enforcing an unjust law or laws that infringe on his/her natural rights, but on the other hand, I hate to see people get hurt and locked up because they foolishly assert a version of law that is so completely foreign to these enforcers and their system. My heart is really torn here. I understand the essence of the sovereign philosophy and agree with it, but damn if I ever try to do something like this. Perhaps they have a courage and conviction superior to mine, at this point in my life anyway.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast