Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pardon me while I don my tin foil hat, but something doesn't add up

Pardon me while I don my tin foil hat, but something doesn't add up

I mean if you've been paying attention, you'll notice that everyone from Glenn Beck to Frank Luntz to Chris Matthews (?!?!) to Rush Limbaugh has been oozing with nothing but praise for Rand Paul. I mean $#@!, I practically expect by next week Barack Obama and John McCain will join hands and announce their unwavering support of Rand Paul for president.

I'm absolutely thrilled that feedback from his announcement shows that average voters among both democrat and republican ranks support Rand, that bodes well for his campaign, but to see all these media personalities essentially in agreement about Rand Paul just seems . . . unreal?

That is all.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Maybe they like him over his father, or maybe it's just because he happened to announce at this time and the cycle will continue once the next candidate announces. Who knows?

Ya it is a bit surreal

Well in past races, someone like Glenn Beck would look at Chris Matthews and say, 'hmm, if that guy likes what Rand said, I should disagree with what Rand said.' Everyone just seems to be oblivious to what the 'other side' is saying they like about Rand, and by sheer coincidence everyone is lining up in agreement. Pretty damn weird if you ask me, but I guess Rand should milk it for all he can before people start picking apart the details and dwelling on things they don't like.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

i'll tell you exactly why:

Majority of Americans want a principled and trustworthy president. This is EXACTLY how obama won. "Hope and Change"...he felt trustworthy and that he would be different from bush, clinton, etc.

He failed. He isnt and wasnt different, he isnt trustworthy, he is a liar.

Enter GOP field. Name them all...cruz, bush, christie, graham, etc. etc.

Does the public actually trust them? Nope. Cruz is probably the most, but even your average voter is scared he's just a talker and probably more of the same.

Enter Rand: principled, trustworthy, etc. Shoot, people that dont even fully agree with him are on board that victory ship. Why?

Trustworthy.

What Rand says, you know and feel its what he's going to do. He isnt some random obama smooth talker. He'll walk the talk.

You wont get that out of ANYONE else in the field, and its the one thing that Americans want most: stop the lying.

Rand is speaking the foreign policy they want to hear.

Quote Originally Posted by nobody's_hero View Post
    Well in past races, someone like Glenn Beck would look at Chris Matthews and say, 'hmm, if that guy likes what Rand said, I should disagree with what Rand said.' Everyone just seems to be oblivious to what the 'other side' is saying they like about Rand, and by sheer coincidence everyone is lining up in agreement. Pretty damn weird if you ask me, but I guess Rand should milk it for all he can before people start picking apart the details and dwelling on things they don't like.
    Thats the other key aspect.

Take this chart:

Your dems are being willing to give up the stuff just in their bubble to get the stuff in the overlapping bubble with libertarians. You're having the same effect.

Rand is literally bring them together on liberty principles that both sides agree on:

No more wars, but a strong national defense....appeals to both sides.
    Ending corporate welfare, but driving an economy that works towards eliminating even the need for welfare....appeals to both sides.

Quote Originally Posted by tony m View Post
    this one is huge!

Quote Originally Posted by 65fastback2+2 View Post

Rand is literally bring them together on liberty principles that both sides agree on:

No more wars, but a strong national defense....appeals to both sides.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony m View Post
    Not exactly what they want to hear; but he is couching his foreign policy in a way that it is tough to disagree with, without completely exposing their insanity at the same time.

You wont get that out of ANYONE else in the field, and its the one thing that Americans want most: stop the lying.
    Couldn't be because they don't want to differentiate between them, but want Rand to be perceived as being just as unprincipled and crooked as the rest--so they're treating them all the same for now...?
    You only want the freedoms that will undermine the nation and lead to the destruction of liberty.

its one of two faces with those people.

Luntz is an opportunist. Although Rand is not his favorite, Beck has never hated Rand. Matthews kind of likes Rand, as much as an msnbc host can like a Republican anyway. Rush is a snake.

Quote Originally Posted by adelina View Post
    Luntz is an opportunist.
    Thing about Luntz is; he gave the exact same raving review in Randal's 2010 ads.
    Harken back to 2011 when he reviewed political ads, then live tested an audience as Randal did a Q&A.

@5:35 Luntz says, "How many people had a favorable reaction to what he is saying?" Everybody raises their hand. "These people are NEVER that unified"

And he is saying the same things he has been saying all along and still is.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-10-2015 at 07:56 AM.

Rand Paul is a breath of fresh air. He is talking about issues that resonate with people, with solutions that make sense.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Thing about Luntz is; he gave the exact same raving review in Randal's 2010 ads.
    Harken back to 2011 when he reviewed political ads, then live tested an audience as Randal did a Q&A.

@5:35 Luntz says, "How many people had a favorable reaction to what he is saying?" Everybody raises their hand. "These people are NEVER that unified"

And he is saying the same things he has been saying all along and still is.
    I don't dispute that. I'm just saying that his response is not so much that he likes Rand but rather he sees that Rand has the potential to win. Luntz doesn't care about ideology, he cares about making himself look good.

Frankly, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as well. The MSM knows he is his Father's son. I have no doubt at some point, they'll turn on him. And when they do, it'll be: "Wow, I'm sooo disappointed he [said/did] that! I really liked him until then, but this is over the top!" Bastards. You know it's coming, and we need to be ready for it.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This needs to be our new mantra:

Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

It will even out some when more candidates get in the race. Enjoy the 1 or 2 weeks where tons of people can find out who Rand is without having to spend millions on ads. If he can go the distance and get elected, he will be getting bad press every day for the next 1 or 2 terms, so when it gets bad on the campaign, it is good training.

It probably helps a lot that Rand is NOT A LAWYER.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    This needs to be our new mantra:

Rand's theme song:

“The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    It probably helps a lot that Rand is NOT A LAWYER.
    I agree; I think he should start working that line into his standard stump speech and interviews. "Ya know, I'm not a lawyer but..."
    Last edited by specsaregood; 04-10-2015 at 08:38 AM.

It's very early. He's getting positive spin now, but in a couple months, they will latch on to something Rand says and claim "Oh I can't support this... let's go cheer for Walker!"

This $#@! writes itself
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

i'll tell you exactly why:

Majority of Americans want a principled and trustworthy president. This is EXACTLY how obama won. "Hope and Change"...he felt trustworthy and that he would be different from bush, clinton, etc.

He failed. He isnt and wasnt different, he isnt trustworthy, he is a liar.

Enter GOP field. Name them all...cruz, bush, christie, graham, etc. etc.

Does the public actually trust them? Nope. Cruz is probably the most, but even your average voter is scared he's just a talker and probably more of the same.

Enter Rand: principled, trustworthy, etc. Shoot, people that dont even fully agree with him are on board that victory ship. Why?

Trustworthy.

What Rand says, you know and feel its what he's going to do. He isnt some random obama smooth talker. He'll walk the talk.

One thing Rand needs to be VERY careful about is pandering. He has been pandering a lot lately for the GOP crowd (increase defense spending, abortion, Iran, etc... basically GOP red meat), and if he's not careful he won't be seen as trustworthy very long. They are already trying to lay the flip flopper ring around his neck.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

It's simply because it doesn't matter at this point. They just draw people in with the praise and when the timing is right, they'll flip to Sheldon Adelson's chosen candidate(s). When push comes to shove it will most likely be Bush or Walker vs Clinton, and Adelson will be backing both of them.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Don't worry, this CNN "journalist" thought Rand got off to a bumpy start:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/10/politi...ampaign-bumps/

It does add up.

Rand is a legitimate contender for the nomination.

He has big money donors backing him, as well as strong grassroots.

He has a strong record.

He has the gift of gab.

He and his wife make a power couple.

He has a thoroughbred campaign organization.

His trendline favors upward momentum.

He's going big tent on the issues, with crossover appeal.

He has the opposition on its heels.

He's the smart bet for folks right now; he's giving everyone wiggle room, backed by strength.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

Take this chart:

Chart is full of myths.

The left doesn't believe in personal freedom, the secular jihad against businesses that don't buy into the gay agenda is just one example, illustrative of their outright hostility to personal freedom. Nor are they non-interventionist, they're fully on board with all the war propaganda as long as it's their man doing it. Nor do they believe in privacy, they are mostly silent about the outrageous current situation with the surveillance state, again because it's their man in charge. Nor are they serious about ending corporate welfare, when it's subsidies for their own agenda items and businesses controlled by their political allies.

Likewise, the right doesn't believe in any real economic freedom and supports few measures that would create prosperous economic conditions, as they love Wall Street and can't get enough war or police state. Their commitment to other economic and personal freedoms is also suspect, based on the list of criminals that they put into office.

No, left and right basically agree these days on a completely Fascist system, differing only in who gets to rule it and whose ox gets gored. Neither one supports any real liberty for individuals.

Our winning coalition is libertarians + independents (who are a larger segment of the electorate than ever), marginalizing both the left and the right, or more accurately, allowing them to continue to marginalize themselves.

http://www.politico.com/story/2015/0...up-116207.html

msnbc is in the process of changing its spots. If they have good business sense, they will adjust their programming to try to siphon off the fox viewers, and using Rand Paul as the ideological wedge would be a brilliant way to do it.

Frankly, I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop as well. The MSM knows he is his Father's son. I have no doubt at some point, they'll turn on him. And when they do, it'll be: "Wow, I'm sooo disappointed he [said/did] that! I really liked him until then, but this is over the top!" Bastards. You know it's coming, and we need to be ready for it.
    Yep, exactly.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Yup. They have no credibility if they bash right out of the gate.

This way the average joe will think Rand got a fair shake and be more inclined to side with [insert media personality].

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast