Thread: California approves bill banning child vaccine exemptions

California approves bill banning child vaccine exemptions

California lawmakers approved a bill this week that would prevent most parents from opting out of vaccinations for their children enrolled in school, just months after the state was hit with the largest U.S. measles outbreak in decades.

Legislators endured an intense, nearly four-hour hearing ahead of the vote on Wednesday, with many people rising out of their seats and shouting over the lawmakers, The Sacramento Bee reported. The measure, which passed by 6-2, must go through several additional hearings before a potential vote on the state Senate floor.

The bill, which was drafted in response to recent outbreaks of preventable diseases like measles and whooping cough, eliminates the “personal beliefs” exemption that currently allows parents in California not to vaccinate their children before enrolling in public or private school.

“I have very profound feelings about parental rights and responsibilities and great dismay in American society over the decades how much that parental right, that parental responsibility has diminished,” said Republican Sen. Jim Nielsen, one of the two lawmakers opposed to the bill, according to the Bee.

Public health officials point to extensive research showing vaccines protect the common good and that adverse side effects are rare. The debate about vaccines was renewed earlier this year when a measles outbreak originated at an amusement park in California, ultimately affecting hundreds of people in nearly two dozen states.

http://www.msnbc.com/msnbc/californi...ine-exemptions

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Public health officials point to extensive research showing vaccines protect the common good and that adverse side effects are rare. The debate about vaccines was renewed earlier this year when a measles outbreak originated at an amusement park in California, ultimately affecting hundreds of people in nearly two dozen states.
    Spewing the same lies over and over... they themselves begin to believe their own rhetoric. I wonder how many of these so-called lawmakers are receiving money from Big pHARMa?
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

What I want an answer to is whether or not those 70,000+ illegal immigrant children were vaccinated when they crossed our borders. I'm guessing they weren't and many landed in Cali. But as per usual, our corrupt, incompetent state government blames American parents for the outbreak, and uses it as an excuse to back up big Pharma.

That's okay, it just means more homeschooling, since the vaccinated kids will be somehow be damaged by the unvaccinated ones that attend school. smfh!!!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!