Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff Orders Immediate Internal Investigation Into Arrest Seen on "Disturbing" Video

Sheriff Orders Immediate Internal Investigation Into Arrest Seen on "Disturbing" Video

Aerial footage captured by NewsChopper4 showed the man falling off the horse, and then being stunned with a Taser by a sheriff's deputy.
    The man then appeared to fall to the ground with his arms outstretched. Two deputies immediately descended on him and began punching him in the head and kneeing him in the groin.

The group surrounding the man grew to 13 sheriff's deputies as several appeared to kick, hit, and punch him dozens of times over a two-minute period.
    In the two minutes after the man was stunned with a Taser, it appeared deputies kicked him 17 times and punched him 37 times and struck him with batons four times. Thirteen blows appeared to be to the head. The allegedly stolen horse stood idly nearby.
    More and video at link:
    http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/lo...299250951.html
    Last edited by mad cow; 04-09-2015 at 09:17 PM.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The group surrounding the man grew to 13 sheriff's deputies as several appeared to kick, hit, and punch him dozens of times over a two-minute period.
    This is a called a "thugscrum".

Where each cop that responds to the call gets a chance to get his beat on.

Doesn't matter if you are down, tased or dead, the cops will beat your corpse.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    This is a called a "thugscrum".

Where each cop that responds to the call gets a chance to get his beat on.

Doesn't matter if you are down, tased or dead, the cops will beat your corpse.

Yeah,it looked pretty much like that but it went on for a whole lot longer.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

Disturbing? Sheeeeit, that was a strait up old school beat down.

If he dies the cause of death will be "Unknown" or "trauma from horse related fall"

Following procedure!

Deputies said the Taser was ineffective due to his loose clothing and

a use of force occurred.
    Go $#@! yourself with this copspeak. Man up to your actions

"So we beat the $#@! out of him instead."

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nevermind, it was answered in the article.

Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse. All three were taken to a hospital for treatment.
    Everyone please say a prayer for the injured officers before you sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by twomp View Post
    Are the officers okay?
    No, three heroes needed hospitalization.

Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Yeah,it looked pretty much like that but it went on for a whole lot longer.
    Yeah, I just watched it.

So, Romans 13 folks and copsuckers: this man complied, was spread eagled on the ground and unarmed, yet still caught a life threatening beating.

What do you do now?

Obey Harder?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    No, three heroes needed hospitalization.
    Three deputies were injured during the search. Two suffered dehydration and a third was injured when kicked by the horse.

They were beating him so hard they got tired and sweaty and dehydrated? Damn...That's a whipping indeed.

Video of cowardly act at link, can't embed. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...er-camera.html
    Last edited by Henry Rogue; 04-10-2015 at 04:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Any wagers being placed on how many kops will be sacrificed out of that mob?

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    Any wagers being placed on how many kops will be sacrificed out of that mob?
    If by sacrificed you mean one week of pay suspension then maybe one or two. If you mean charged and convicted for 'excessive force under color of law' then nary a one.

McMahon said. "I'm disturbed by what I see in the video. But I don't need to jump to conclusions at this point, until we do a complete and thorough investigation. If our deputy sheriff's did something wrong, they'll be put off work and they'll be dealt with appropriately, all in accordance with the law as well as our department policy."
    These ballers weren't even able to keep him from voluntarily putting his hands behind his back while prone.
    Last edited by phill4paul; 04-10-2015 at 05:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    If by sacrificed you mean one week of pay suspension then maybe one or two. If you mean charged and convicted for 'excessive force under color of law' then nary a one.
    With the stink the local newz is raising I'd bet one or two get "charged" then suspended for a while before being reinstated, promoted and paid back pay plus a few hundred thou for their trouble...

The only way to fight gangs of this sort is with a bigger gang.......

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    To be clear , I think theft should be met with serious punishment. I look at theft as a direct threat against my and my family's livelihood and life.(especially when the gov is doing the stealing).

If they would have been the victims instead of the cops I wouldn't be all that sad to see that cattle rustler catch a little beating. But then again these guy will absolutely turn on the victim for "taking the law in your own hands"...

That $#@! was waaaaay over the top and the first thought for those sociopaths.

The American Civil Liberties Union said in a statement that while they understand police officers are authorized to use force.
    Tis more like: ...police officers are authorized to use necessary and reasonable force.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

Quote Originally Posted by Weston White View Post
    Tis more like: ...police officers are authorized to use necessary and reasonable force.
    Mealy mouthed and weaksauce comments like that from the ACLU are why we are in this mess.

If our deputy sheriff's did something wrong,
    they'll be put off work

and they'll be dealt with appropriately,
    all in accordance with the law as well as our department policy."
    lol I'm sure that exactly how it would work out of there was a mob beating of a cop by a bunch of mundanes.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    lol I'm sure that exactly how it would work out of there was a mob beating of a cop by a bunch of mundanes.
    All Animals are Equal, But Some Animals are More Equal than Others.

He was spread out but was looking at my gun, and I felt threatened.... and when we were hunched over him trying to stop him from looking at my gun he reached for it and my fellow Officers came to my rescue...

Last edited by Mach; 04-11-2015 at 09:12 PM.
    FJB

"well, don't run from the police." And "let's wait for all the facts before we rush to judge the officers" heard both from the same idiot (whose son happens to be a cop).
    "Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies." - Groucho Marx
    My civil neighbor, the tax-gatherer, is the very man I have to deal with--for it is, after all, with men and not with parchment that I quarrel--and he has voluntarily chosen to be an agent of the government.-Henry David Thoreau

From the Los Angeles Times:

Charles “Sid” Heal, retired Los Angeles County sheriff’s commander

Heal, who has testified in dozens of force trials, said that when the man “fell off the horse and lay flat, he is done …. I think I am pretty conservative, given I have been in so many situations that have been misread, but I cannot see any explanation for their conduct here.”

As to the tactics, he said, the deputies exhibit almost none.

“It was like a feeding frenzy. It was like blood in the water with sharks,” Heal said. “The only thing is they thought they could get away with it.”

Adrenaline could be an explanation for the first unnecessary blows, he said.

“But it went on way too long and involved deputies who weren’t there in the initial stage; they took what we call cheap shots,” he said. “They thought they could get away with it.”

Heal said cameras capture everything today, and these deputies seemed to have forgotten that.

Public outrage over the video is shared by other law enforcement officers who believe such actions smear the badge, he said.

“Everybody I know is outraged,” he said. “This sets law enforcement back 20 years. All the things we have been saying basically get thrown out the window.”
    FJB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Anyone know where the horse is being held? I would like to buy the critter a drink or two.

“It was like a feeding frenzy. It was like blood in the water with sharks,” Heal said. “The only thing is they thought they could get away with it.

Adrenaline could be an explanation for the first unnecessary blows, he said.

“But it went on way too long and involved deputies who weren’t there in the initial stage; they took what we call cheap shots,” he said. “They thought they could get away with it.”

"they thought they could get away with it."

"they took what we call cheap shots,” he said. “They thought they could get away with it.”

"they took what we call cheap shots,” he said. “They thought they could get away with it.”

Did anyone notice all the cops who were working on restraining their overzealous companions? Did anyone see those guys with badges who were full of moral authority and courage, who stepped in to save a man being beaten to within an inch of his life?

Nope. I didn't see any of them either. None. Not one.

"A few bad apples" my ass. The entire tree is rotten to its roots.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post

Did anyone notice all the cops who were working on restraining their overzealous companions? Did anyone see those guys with badges who were full of moral authority and courage, who stepped in to save a man being beaten to within an inch of his life?

Nope. I didn't see any of them either. None. Not one.

"A few bad apples" my ass. The entire tree is rotten to its roots.

Heal said cameras capture everything today, and these deputies seemed to have forgotten that.
    Video evidence FTW once again.
    The comments at the main stream media outlets are sounding more and more like RPF's after every one of these videos of jackboots behaving badly goes viral.

Even the helicopter newzbabe,who couldn't shut up for the first part of that video,was struck dumb once the first kick landed and never uttered another word.
    There is just no way to defend that sort of thing,you have to either condemn it or remain silent.

Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Video evidence FTW once again.
    The comments at the main stream media outlets are sounding more and more like RPF's after every one of these videos of jackboots behaving badly goes viral.
    And that's why more and more often you're starting to see "comments for this article have been closed."

Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    They were beating him so hard they got tired and sweaty and dehydrated? Damn...That's a whipping indeed.
    Wow, watch out for this mofo. He gave those cops dehydration. Consider him armed and dangerous.

Notice how he tried to comply and then they were like, "Oh, $#@!, he's complying! Quick, kick him so he stops complying and we can continue beating him!"
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast