Thread: Erick Erickson: Thank You, Senator Paul

Erick Erickson: Thank You, Senator Paul

http://www.redstate.com/2015/04/07/t...-senator-paul/
    I hope the other Republicans candidates say what Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93% said today.

In Kentucky, Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93% pointed out both Republicans and Democrats have been driving up spending. He said Republicans cannot win by being Democrat-lite, but they too have contributed to the national debt.

It is true. And it is something the GOP must overcome and put behind them. Without confessing our sins, as a party, we are not going to convince the public that we’ve learned our lessons.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93%, a Republican Presidential candidate, saying that from the stage in Kentucky, gives substance and voice to a concern many in the grassroots have had. Both Republicans and Democrats are held hostage to special interests in Washington.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)93% just put it out there. It was refreshing and honest and appreciated.
    Last edited by TaftFan; 04-08-2015 at 01:55 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Another hypocrite...

So why didn't he appreciate it all the times Ron Paul said the exact same thing?!
    Hypocrite!

IIRC I was banned from RedState a few years back for taking this very position.

Quote Originally Posted by thoughtomator View Post
    Ha! I wanted to post that there, but I don't have an account... and I've seen so many posts here from people saying they got banned for mentioning Ron Paul - I would never bother. Their loss.

I lasted a few posts there myself a few years ago. I was pretty antagonistic though...

Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    So why didn't he appreciate it all the times Ron Paul said the exact same thing?!
    Hypocrite!
    My first thought, as well.
    “But let it not be said that we did nothing. Let not those who love the power of the welfare/warfare state label the dissenters of authoritarianism as unpatriotic or uncaring. Patriotism is more closely linked to dissent than it is to conformity and a blind desire for safety and security. Understanding the magnificent rewards of a free society makes us unbashful in its promotion, fully realizing that maximum wealth is created and the greatest chance for peace comes from a society respectful of individual liberty.”

― Ron Paul

Erick Erickson is really not bad politically. I like him as a person too.

The problem is, most of the moderators and front page writers are total $#@!s, and that is putting it lightly.

THE GATHERING HAS BEGUN!!!
    FLIP THOSE FLAGS, THE NATION IS IN DISTRESS!

why I should worship the state (who apparently is the only party that can possess guns without question).
    The state's only purpose is to kill and control. Why do you worship it? - Sola_Fide

Baptiste said.
    At which point will Americans realize that creating an unaccountable institution that is able to pass its liability on to tax-payers is immoral and attracts sociopaths?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Staff - Admin
    Houston, TX

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    THE GATHERING HAS BEGUN!!!
    Exactly. We need to embrace people that come to our side, not push them away with purity tests. We can still disagree on issues but we need a big coalition to win. It just grew with his piece.

Thank you, Erick.
    This site has a specific purpose defined in our Mission Statement.

Members must read and follow our Community Guidelines.

I strive to respond to all queries; please excuse late and out-of-sequence responses.

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Unfortunately, almost all of the comments were anti-Rand.

Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    Exactly. We need to embrace people that come to our side, not push them away with purity tests. We can still disagree on issues but we need a big coalition to win. It just grew with his piece.

Thank you, Erick.
    ^^^ This

Well, in the end you won the war for losing the battle.

Accept victory, and move on to the next one, with your new ally Erick Erickson...
    "We have allowed our Nation to be overtaxed, and over-regulated, and overrun by bureaucrats. The Founders would be ashamed of us for what we're putting up with."

Never try to take the "politics" out of politics.

He's catching on, I'm telling ya!
    Benton/Collins 2016

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    It doesn't matter that Ron said the same things. What matters is that people will listen to Rand. He reaches people.

I agree...
    The gathering has begun.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valli6 View Post
    Because he is a human being with emotions... and this is exactly why the messenger and even tone are more important than the message itself sometimes....
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst