Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: [Video] Rand Paul on The Today Show w/ Savannah Guthrie 4/8/15

"It's all a conspiracy!"

The MSM is trying to "Paint" Rand Paul as a Sexist who is contentious towards women... An obvious attempt to sway women voters to Hillary!!!

So these news folks talk over Rand Paul, who wears hearing aids in both ears, I can only imagine how annoying it could be for someone who has a hearing disability.
    "For those who think the fight for liberty can be won in a couple presidential elections, piss off!"

The fight for Liberty is a lifelong commitment that takes years of blood, sweat, and tears.
    Liberty isn't a Quick Service Drive through, if you have nothing to contribute, please do us all a favor and move along!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard101 View Post
    Rand has basically gone full neo-con on Iran. I can't stand to hear him talk about Iran. Rand was kinda rude here
    I think you must be talking about Ted Cruz. He's the one who has come out of the closet as a full neocon.

Rand's answers are more nuanced, and his call for negotiation is certainly not a neocon position.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGoose View Post
    I've noticed that they're trying to push the narrative that Rand has flip flopped on a lot of issues.
    Exactly. That was the problem. She was going over a litany of flip flop accusations. She did not want an answer to any of the specific allegations. Overall it was just a rhetorical question. She was simply accusing him flip flopping. No response or answer was desired.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Rand sounded a little congested. Is he ill right now?

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_hine View Post
    He was the overall loser in this interview.
    Its sad that interviews are about winners and losers

Does the press get some fresh meat for prime time?
    Does the politician make a witty comeback?

Its all bull$#@! that distracts from the substance.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    U could tell he wanted to shush...
    My advice:

Then crush them with logic...

https://youtu.be/PWgvGjAhvIw?t=3m20s
    Last edited by pacodever; 04-08-2015 at 11:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    Its sad that interviews are about winners and loserskm

Does the press get some fresh meat for prime time?
    Does the politician make a witty comeback?

Its all bull$#@! that distracts from the substance.
    Rand is the winner in these interviews. Look at the conservative response he's getting. These are Ted Cruz people standing with Rand.

I'm really disappointed in the last 48 hours. I'm quite sad to be honest. I like Ron Paul so much more.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post
    I'm really disappointed in the last 48 hours. I'm quite sad to be honest. I like Ron Paul so much more.

Some good, some bad. His comment about gay marriage was completely off the reservation. Adam was offended by Rand's views on gay marriage? Really? I thought libertarianism was tolerant of different perspectives or so I thought?
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-09-2015 at 12:29 AM.

This Iran thing and use of the word "evil" really feels like pandering.

I think Adam is right on the money. Rand will find himself in the middle between Ron Paul libertarians not interested and your typical neocon lover saying he is pandering and flip-flopping. For once, I'll agree with them.

Stand on principles. I am already getting the feeling that we'll be looking back and realise Ron Paul 2012 went much farther by being honest.

This Iran thing and use of the word "evil" really feels like pandering.

I think Adam is right on the money. Rand will find himself in the middle between Ron Paul libertarians not interested and your typical neocon lover saying he is pandering and flip-flopping. For once, I'll agree with them.

Stand on principles. I am already getting the feeling that we'll be looking back and realise Ron Paul 2012 went much farther by being honest.
    And at the end of the day when he returns to Bowling Green Kentucky, he can say that he tried and pushed the boulder up the hill further, which is 99.9% more than what his critics have attempted.

I want to see Adam Kokesh run for president and scare the big boys that run things. Let's see it. Do you think Adam can get a 1 million dollar ad buy to be deployed against him right before he announces? Doubtful? Right? So Rand must be doing something right for a man so devoid of values.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-09-2015 at 12:47 AM.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Can someone explain Rand supporting a military budget increase to me? Is it as strait forward as it sounds?

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Rand sounded a little congested. Is he ill right now?
    Yea I caught that too. Maybe just a late night.

....running around naked smoking pot?

Can someone explain Rand supporting a military budget increase to me? Is it as strait forward as it sounds?
    tl;dr = Rubio proposed big increase, Rand countered with amendment to more than offset with spending cuts elsewhere, Rand's amendment failed, he then voted against Rubio bill.

Rand Paul Just Trolled The Hell Out of Cruz and Rubio on the Defense Budget

It's true! It's true!

http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/ro...for-president/

Former Congressman Says Rand Paul ‘Not a True Libertarian’

Early Wednesday morning, former Congressman Ron Paul (R-TX) shocked the political world by endorsing Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) for President. The move is of marked significance, as Dr. Paul’s son Senator Rand Paul (R-KY) is expected to announce his candidacy early next week.

The elder Paul quickly articulated the reasoning for his endorsement, stating that he had “read hundreds of Facebook and Reddit comments” which suggested that his son was a “neo-con establishment statist” and “not Ron Paul.” Ron Paul thereby used the articulate and well-reasoned opinions of these online libertarians to come to the realization that he could not endorse Rand Paul.

Dr. Paul went on to say that he knew all along that Rand was “not a true libertarian,” and that he can’t understand why Rand endorsed Mitt Romney in 2012 and Mitch McConnell in 2014. “It doesn’t make any sense to me,” said Ron Paul, “It’s almost as if he’s trying to create in-roads with leadership so that he can use their help in the future in order to advance a more libertarian agenda. But that can’t be it.”

Paul has expressed particular outrage that his son has not yet taken any action to eliminate public roads.

Said Paul, “All the while, these statists love their roads, and Rand hasn’t done a single thing about it! How are we supposed to be free when our commerce passageways are funded with blood money?!” When the interviewer inquired as to why this was a point of such significance when public roads are apparently a fairly minor infringement upon liberty which are almost universally approved of, Paul went on a minor tangent, mockingly repeating over and over, “Muh roads! Muh roads!” The former Congressman also decried Senator Paul’s appearances at multiple Republican-hosted “Lincoln Day” dinners over the years, calling President Abraham Lincoln a “tyrant” and criticizing his decision to go to battle in the “War of Northern Aggression.” Paul went on to saythat “no true libertarian” would ever attend such a gathering unless he were adorned with the Confederate flag.

After several hours of ranting on Rand Paul, Ron soon returned to his endorsement. “Ted who? Oh right. That’s why I’m endorsing Ted Cruz.” Paul cited Cruz’s staunch fiscal conservatism and devotion to the Constitution, saying that he is planning to soon launch his own “Libertarians for Ted Cruz” chapter in his former Congressional district. “Only Ted Cruz can continue my legacy of expanding our voter base without ever running the risk of victory,” said Paul, “If we have a libertarian President, what would we have to complain about?” Before the interviewer could interject, Paul answered his own question: “I’ll tell you what we’ll complain about. We’ll complain when they’re not libertarian enough!”

When reached for comment, Rand Paul expressed clear sadness that he would not be receiving his father’s endorsement. Senator Paul said that it had long been his desire to fool everyone in the libertarian movement into voting for him by introducing almost exclusively libertarian bills to the Senate floor, making mostly libertarian public policy statements and often differing from the Republican Party when it has not been libertarian enough.

“To be honest, what’s the point of running now?” said Senator Paul, “If I can’t just pretend to be libertarian, become President, and then ironically enact libertarian policies, I really have no reason to campaign.” The Senator stated that he thought he had tricked most people, and that he “would have gotten away with it too, if it weren’t for those ingenious social media comments.”

The Senator should not worry too much, however, as his father also urged Ted Cruz supporters not to vote, as “that would violate the Non-Aggression Principle"
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-09-2015 at 01:55 AM.

Tactic to demonstrate his budgeting priorities...
    http://reason.com/blog/2015/03/26/ra...pose-massive-d

Doug Stafford, senior advisor to Rand Paul, emails:

It is done in response to others in both chambers who are attempting to add to defense spending—some way more than Senator Paul's amendment—without paying for it. Senator Paul believes national defense should be our priority. He also believes our debt is out of control. This amendment is to lay down a marker that if you believe we need more funding for national defense, you should show how you would pay for it. We can't just keep borrowing more money from China to send to Pakistan. And we can't keep paying for even vital things like national defense on a credit card.

Rand also needs to find a way to talk about the flip flops of Clinton/Obama/Bush in a way that excites those he wants to appeal to in addition to pointing out the media's bias. I.e. on MSNBC for liberals he can point out Clinton's flip on Iraq and Obama's flip on the constitutional limit to a President's ability to start wars. While on Fox he could maybe bring up Jeb Bush's issues. So mainly do what he's doing plus attack opponents and the media for not following up on their issues i.e.

1) Call out the media in a way that generates headlines (but wait for them to spew their biased "questions"). Ask why big government politicians like Obama/Clinton/Bush aren't being held to the standard
    2) Defend his position
    3) Talk about the economy and his platform.
    "The president does not have power under the Constitution to unilaterally authorize a military attack...that does not involve stopping an actual or imminent threat to the nation." "Attack Libya UPDATE 8/13: and Syria"

"We can track down terrorists without trampling on our civil liberties.... the federal government will only issue warrants and execute searches because it needs to, not because it can." "Need to murder UPDATE 8/13: and track citizens" ~ Barack H. Obama

Thanks for the clarification fellas.

Quote Originally Posted by civusamericanus View Post
    "It's all a conspiracy!"

The MSM is trying to "Paint" Rand Paul as a Sexist who is contentious towards women... An obvious attempt to sway women voters to Hillary!!!

So these news folks talk over Rand Paul, who wears hearing aids in both ears, I can only imagine how annoying it could be for someone who has a hearing disability.
    Wait.... what hearing disability? Rand wears hearing aids? Where have I been? Could someone provide details?
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

/.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 05-18-2016 at 08:02 AM.

Has Ron Paul officially endorsed Rand? I don't think attending his speech is an endorsement.

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The male media members want a piece of Paul for his chauvinism.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-journal...dle-rand-paul/

After watching the Kelly interview and the Guthrie interview I was a bit worried. Then this afternoon I hear Hannity of all people sticking up for Rand because hes being targeted by the bull$#@! "war on women" narrative. It actually might work out well in the primary.
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123