Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MoneyBombs Are Stale - The Campaign Should Try Something Different

MoneyBombs Are Stale - The Campaign Should Try Something Different

Turning a MoneyBomb into something that gives back to random winners like a raffle? I think they could hit new fundraising heights!

A stepped tier raffle ranging from $10 to $2500 - and the one winner of the $10.00 amount gets a few autographed items and a personal phone call from Rand Paul, $20.00 gets one winner an NSA proofed laptop, $50 gets maybe a dinner with Rand Paul and the staff and a few autographed items, $100.00 gets an engraved pistol, on up to $2500 getting one winner something big, like a RandMobile. (substitute each with just about anything)

Run the raffle from Monday to Friday and have Rand Paul get on Rand Paul friendly media to make the personal pitch to get people to open their wallets, and I think the grassroots would help promoting the raffle online as well, (I know I would!) but I think it could take off on it's own like wildfire...
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

https://freeandequal.org/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    They may be glad to hear your suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by ZakCarter View Post
    Turning a MoneyBomb into something that gives back to random winners like a raffle? I think they could hit new fundraising heights!

A stepped tier raffle ranging from $10 to $2500 - and the one winner of the $10.00 amount gets a few autographed items and a personal phone call from Rand Paul, $20.00 gets one winner an NSA proofed laptop, $50 gets maybe a dinner with Rand Paul and the staff and a few autographed items, $100.00 gets an engraved pistol, on up to $2500 getting one winner something big, like a RandMobile. (substitute each with just about anything)

Run the raffle from Monday to Friday and have Rand Paul get on Rand Paul friendly media to make the personal pitch to get people to open their wallets, and I think the grassroots would help promoting the raffle online as well, (I know I would!) but I think it could take off on it's own like wildfire...
    A lottery type thing might not be legal, but you may be on to a good concept. Something that ties in to how your state is doing out donating other states--something like that could be interesting.

My first idea though was what if there was a charity/community investment that would happen if your region/state raises the most money? Love these ideas. I think an option to take the full donation plunge of how much per month that would automatically get withdrawn would be smart. You'd get an animated detonation plunger to blow up...well you know what it'd blow up...
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Signed Rasberry Pi bit coin vaults
    Faraday cage credit card wallets........

Quote Originally Posted by radiofriendly View Post
    A lottery type thing might not be legal
    I've seen congressional campaigns run lotteries for guns on a small scale... and I think they are going to need to do something different if they want to create buzz...
    America deserves better presidential debates in 2024, and we're making it happen ourselves at Free and Equal Elections Foundation!

I don't agree that they're stale.

However, I suggested doing a state battle over a period of time. Basically, each state has a ticker and the winner per capita gets a prize like Rand visiting their state or official state merch in the store.

Engraved pistol... LOL
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

I think we should stop calling them money bombs. Find a different name for them. Give them new energy and spin them a different way. Rand's supposed to have the snazziest online/tech campaign. Have the "money bombs" play into that. Maybe specific "bitcoin bombs". They may not raise as much money, but they'll definitely draw attention.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post

However, I suggested doing a state battle over a period of time. Basically, each state has a ticker and the winner per capita gets a prize like Rand visiting their state or official state merch in the store.
    This is a very good idea. And yes the key is per capita
    Benton/Collins 2016

When you're not achieving previous success levels, it's considered stale and something different should be tried.

When you're not achieving previous success levels, it's considered stale and something different should be tried.
    And what are you comparing it to? 2007? 2011, 3 months before the primaries?

MB success isn't solely based on things that the official campaign does. if the previous cycles have taught us anything it's that the grassroots plays a vital role on how much energy is built up leading to the event and how much is raised. After all the original implementation and term didn't come from the campaign but from grassroots activists. That's not to say that other things shouldn't be tried, I agree we should be open to think of other approaches this cycle, but it may be better to use language such as "we should do this" or "is this possible for us to do without the campaign having to do it" because sure great ideas can flow all day, but we have no idea if the campaign can legally do certain things, if they have the resources to do them, or if anyone is even listening and in power to make decisions regarding new ideas. It's better to focus on what we the grassroots can accomplish to help them, at least that is something that the we directly can control and work on through brainstorming and individual works.

To that end last night I posted this, there are two items in the project that helps to influence future fundraising event efforts, if those of you could take a look and let me know what you think it would help. In addition if there are better ideas on what needs to be created or implemented that we can directly work from the grassroots side to help with fundraising or other, would appreciate your thoughts as well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-project-page
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-09-2015 at 08:39 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

What are you talking about?
    Input:
    Facebook page created (by grassroots) few shares (by grassroots), ticker created (by campaign),1 automated email sent(by campaign).
    Time spent: 2 hours-10 max.
    Result:
    1 million dollars

Stale? What are you talking about? Imagine what could be done if everything is done properly: 50 people involved, 100 work hours invested, web page, social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube), press releases, articles, mailing lists, banners, widgets, phone apps, T-shirts, memes, 2 phone lines (one with polite and professional pleasing female voice and other one with drunken rude hilly-billy that screams and insults callers while answering their questions only partially) where people can choose polite or rude line. Imagine. Imagine! IMAGINEEEEE! I order you to imagine it!

That picture up would be replaced with this one:
    Last edited by Barrex; 04-08-2015 at 01:17 PM.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

This FTW

In 2012, we gave everyone who "pledged" to donate (re: everyone who entered their email address into the form on the moneybomb website) a unique referral/tracking URL that they could use when spreading the word to family and friends via email, facebook, twitter, etc. (e.g. blackthisout.com/JeremyRPF instead of just blackthisout.com)

Enabling RP supporters to see the results of their emailing & social media sharing efforts was a game-changer in terms of engagement and activity. The leaderboards we created that showed who was generating the most pledges were also a huge hit.

I see a little bit of this on the volunteer page (re: randpaul.com/volunteer) but was surprised the digital team wasn't making use of these same or similar game-dynamic tactics yesterday (via the thank you / confirmation page that displayed after pledging). The only viral feature they provided was the "share an image of your donation" to Facebook, which don't get me wrong, was and is an awesome post-donation CTA... but given how digitally-engaged the core 10% of Rand's "Pareto" supporters are, I do think they missed a big opportunity to max out this money bomb.

That said, it's still super early -- I'm sure they'll have user profiles/accounts for randpaul.com and unique referral urls up and running before the next money bomb goes off
    Last edited by WD-NY; 04-08-2015 at 01:53 PM.

However, I suggested doing a state battle over a period of time. Basically, each state has a ticker and the winner per capita gets a prize like Rand visiting their stateor official state merch in the store.
    Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    This FTW

In 2012, we gave everyone who "pledged" to donate (re: everyone who entered their email address into the form on the moneybomb website) a unique referral/tracking URL that they could use when spreading the word to family and friends via email, facebook, twitter, etc. (e.g. blackthisout.com/JeremyRPF instead of just blackthisout.com)

Enabling RP supporters to see the results of their emailing & social media sharing efforts was a game-changer in terms of engagement and activity. The leaderboards we created that showed who was generating the most pledges were also a huge hit.

I see a little bit of this on the volunteer page (re: randpaul.com/volunteer) but was surprised the digital team wasn't making use of these same or similar game-dynamic tactics yesterday (via the thank you / confirmation page that displayed after pledging). The only viral feature they provided was the "share an image of your donation" to Facebook, which don't get me wrong, was and is an awesome post-donation CTA... but given how digitally-engaged the core 10% of Rand's "Pareto" supporters, I do think they missed a big opportunity to max out this money bomb.
    That said, it's still super early -- I'm sure they'll have user profiles/accounts for randpaul.com and unique referral urls up and running before the next money bomb goes off
    +Rep

These are great ideas we should be implementing, thanks for sharing this.
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-08-2015 at 01:54 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by WD-NY View Post
    This FTW

I see a little bit of this on the volunteer page (re: randpaul.com/volunteer) but was surprised the digital team wasn't making use of these same or similar game-dynamic tactics yesterday (via the thank you / confirmation page that displayed after pledging). The only viral feature they provided was the "share an image of your donation" to Facebook, which don't get me wrong, was and is an awesome post-donation CTA... but given how digitally-engaged the core 10% of Rand's "Pareto" supporters are, I do think they missed a big opportunity to max out this money bomb.

They are missing out on gamification for sure.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I like many of the ideas here, however, over one million dollars on a last minute money bomb is pretty darn good.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    I think we should stop calling them money bombs. Find a different name for them. Give them new energy and spin them a different way. Rand's supposed to have the snazziest online/tech campaign. Have the "money bombs" play into that. Maybe specific "bitcoin bombs". They may not raise as much money, but they'll definitely draw attention.
    I have said the same thing since last year.

I do agree that money bombs have worn out their shiny "new-ness" since Ron Paul's original grand slam.

Images to use instead of a plain ticker?

http://devilsfoe.com/wp-content/uplo...a6jho1_500.gif

http://www.peterfuda.com/wp-content/...tain-small.jpg

good synonyms:

amplify
    magnify
    swell
    snowball
    tidal wave
    balloon (inflate - like inflation) plus the fire needed to inflate it is cool to expand upon?
    penny pelt

ignite the brushfires
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

Quit yer b*tching and whining and GET INVOLVED!!

MB success isn't solely based on things that the official campaign does. if the previous cycles have taught us anything it's that the grassroots plays a vital role on how much energy is built up leading to the event and how much is raised. After all the original implementation and term didn't come from the campaign but from grassroots activists. That's not to say that other things shouldn't be tried, I agree we should be open to think of other approaches this cycle, but it may be better to use language such as "we should do this" or "is this possible for us to do without the campaign having to do it" because sure great ideas can flow all day but, we have no idea if the campaign can legally do certain things, if they have the resources to do them, or if anyone is even listening and in power to make decisions regarding new ideas. It's better to focus on what we the grassroots can accomplish to help them, at least that is something that the we directly can control and work on through brainstorming and individual works.

To that end last night I posted this, there are two items in the project that helps to influence future fundraising event efforts, if those of you could take a look at let me know what you think it would help. In addition if there are better ideas on what needs to be created or implemented that we can directly work from the grassroots side to help with fundraising or other, would appreciate your thoughts as well.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...r-project-page
    I also agree with this. The date chosen, the theming, and how viral it goes will depend on how much input the grassroots feels it has. I do think that's why they've gone stale.

I think, in general, that's why a lot of the former passion is gone as well.
    Few men have virtue enough to withstand the highest bidder. ~GEORGE WASHINGTON, letter, Aug. 17, 1779

I think one simple thing that helped build excitement was seeing the ticker move toward an actual goal. Seeing the mercury move toward the end of the thermometer or seeing the fuse burn down on a bomb seemed to make us want to meet the goal.

Quote Originally Posted by IndianaPolitico View Post
    I think one simple thing that helped build excitement was seeing the ticker move toward an actual goal. Seeing the mercury move toward the end of the thermometer or seeing the fuse burn down on a bomb seemed to make us want to meet the goal.
    And, I think the date had to have MEANING.

Think about it the two best ones were the Remember Remember the 5th of November and the anniversary of the tea party.
    Birthday ones have done pretty well too.

Even then, we haven't been able to replicate the originals in size.

In 2012, the grassroots were basically told "don't worry, we got this" but never came close to the enthusiasm of 2007/2008. They put water on the brushfires.

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I have said the same thing since last year.

I do agree that money bombs have worn out their shiny "new-ness" since Ron Paul's original grand slam.

Images to use instead of a plain ticker?

http://devilsfoe.com/wp-content/uplo...a6jho1_500.gif

http://www.peterfuda.com/wp-content/...tain-small.jpg

good synonyms:

amplify
    magnify
    swell
    snowball
    tidal wave
    balloon (inflate - like inflation) plus the fire needed to inflate it is cool to expand upon?
    penny pelt

ignite the brushfires
    I kinda like the idea of having state specific "money bombs" (or what we will rebrand them as). Create healthy competition to outbid each other, but not for the purpose of actual competition, but to show unity against big government.

Let's say, a day or a week or a weekend, wherein each state tries to generate as many donations as possible for the Rand Paul campaign. Tie the idea of donating to Rand's campaign to be a sign of opposition to the WASHINGTON MACHINE. And by having massive numbers of donations coming from each state, it shows that ALL OF AMERICA is done with the Washington machine.

So the subtext of competition should be there, but it shouldn't be obvious. It should be framed as being a signal from every state that they're done with the overreaches of DC.

Having a state competition will also allow us to promote the event on those state Facebook pages we have.

Quote Originally Posted by LawnWake View Post
    I kinda like the idea of having state specific "money bombs" (or what we will rebrand them as). Create healthy competition to outbid each other, but not for the purpose of actual competition, but to show unity against big government.

Let's say, a day or a week or a weekend, wherein each state tries to generate as many donations as possible for the Rand Paul campaign. Tie the idea of donating to Rand's campaign to be a sign of opposition to the WASHINGTON MACHINE. And by having massive numbers of donations coming from each state, it shows that ALL OF AMERICA is done with the Washington machine.

So the subtext of competition should be there, but it shouldn't be obvious. It should be framed as being a signal from every state that they're done with the overreaches of DC.
    I am liking this idea. It would allow us as Jeremy pointed out, to utilize our state grassroots pages. It would be competitive, exciting and would have a theme people could rally behind.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also think we should have an electoral map for the ticker. set a goal for each state & as they donate, turn the state darker shades of red. The theme could be Randslide.

The other goal from this would be to maintain a list of potential delegates. I would hope the campaign this time around will allow the individual states to have more access to the supporters so we can WIN THIS THING!

^ actually the reason above is why I'd rather it be a grassroots lead vs campaign. (Delegates)

Quote Originally Posted by mosquitobite View Post
    I also think we should have an electoral map for the ticker. set a goal for each state & as they donate, turn the state darker shades of red. The theme could be Randslide.
    Nah, I disagree. I think the theme should be completely connected to the slogan. About the Washington machine. It would show not just support for Rand, but for a GREATER CAUSE -- which is muuuch bigger than just a person. People rallied behind "Obama's change", and people will rally behind Rand's take down of the Washington machine.

And yes, it shouldn't be a money bomb! It should be labeled as a protest. It's supposed to be a populist campaign, right? It should be a multi-state PROTEST against the Washington machine.

I like the ideas people are tossing around... problem at the moment is recruiting people to act on those ideas. Current money bomb was discussed for a month and less than an hour of work was put in it by grassroots.
    Today I decided to get banned and spam activism on this forum...

SUPPORT RANDPAULDIGITAL GRASSROOTS PROJECTS TODAY!

http://i.imgur.com/SORJlQ5.png

For more info. or to help spread the word, go to the promotion thread here.

If I had to answer this question truthfully I'd probably piss a lot of people off lol, Barrex would be a better person to ask he doesn't seem to care lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrex View Post
    I like the ideas people are tossing around... problem at the moment is recruiting people to act on those ideas. Current money bomb was discussed for a month and less than an hour of work was put in it by grassroots.
    I owe you a +Rep.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Barrex again."

Only one problem.

It would be 100% ILLEGAL for Rand to have a raffle.

It is illegal for any candidate to run a raffle. Some low level yahoo (usually independents with no chance of winning) have run them and not been prosecuted as far as I know, but they were still ILLEGAL (e.g. some indy candidate raffling an AR-15 in TN).

But I assure you, Rand's opponents would be all over him in 2-minutes (cause that's how long it would take them to research this on Google and find out it's ILLEGAL, assuming they didn't already know). Rand would start start the term in Federal prison, not the White House.

Only churches, charities and similar non-profits can run raffles. It's considered a "lottery" and therefore GAMBLING. It not only runs afoul of SEC regulations, it's just plain illegal because it violates laws against gambling in most states.

So lets shelve this idea and get back to productive things.

Who's with me in getting the RON (Rand?) PAUL BLIMP back in the air?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast