Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: North Charleston Police Officer Arrested on Murder Charge For Shooting Fleeing Man in the Back

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    All he had to do was stop. He was the author of his own demise. And No I am not sad that he won't be adding any more of his spawn to my TaxBill.
    What does his libido and limited income have to do with being shot EIGHT times in the BACK with a FORTY-FIVE CALIBER semi-auto FIREARM for LEGBAILING from his vehicle for a PETTY INFRACTION?

Are you not at all concerned that this officer stated numerous lies on his official report of the shooting incident and that his department only scrutinized him once the cellphone video broke major news cycles? Speaking to obstruction of justice, excessive force, failing to administer medical aid, conduct unbecoming, and failure to follow policy.
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ya just gotta love the unit number on the new dash cam video.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    Ya just gotta love the unit number on the new dash cam video.
    Dash cam video?

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Dash cam video?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-7gg-HUAYg4

Last edited by Danke; 04-10-2015 at 02:07 PM.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dash cam video?
    NWO

So three new things to consider:

There appears to be a passenger in the vehicle, who remains sitting the entire time.
    The driver handed the unit his license, so what if he ran, he just identified himself.
    The driver was not running, but jogging. Therefore, that unit could have easily kept up with that slow pace, or should have been able to without too much effort.
    The sound on the video did not capture the shots being fired or was cut off prior to (while it might have vaguely included screaming while being Tasered, that is I thought I heard faint crying at one point).
    The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding one’s self in the ranks of the insane.” — Marcus Aurelius

They’re not buying it. CNN, you dumb bastards!” — President Trump 2020

Consilio et Animis de Oppresso Liber

'We don't want another Ferguson circus': Walter Scott family 'bar Rev Al Sharpton from the funeral to avoid over-the-top attention'

Walter Scott's family have asked Al Sharpton not to attend the funeral, it is claimed.

The New York-based Reverend became a prominent voice in the wake of Michael Brown's shooting at the hands of a white police officer in Ferguson last August.
    But as the nation's attention turns to South Carolina and footage showing Officer Michael Slager shooting dead father-of-four Walter Scott, his parents and brothers have made plain that they do not want the same treatment.

According to the New York Daily News, the family told Rev Sharpton to 'keep away' from the relatives-only memorial service.

A source close to the Scotts told the paper: 'We don’t want another Ferguson type of circus here.'

Though the family of unarmed black teenager Michael Brown welcomed Sharpton's support, he was criticized by others for stirring rage as violent protests escalated in the Missouri city.
    The Scott family's lawyer, Chris Stewart, told the Daily News: 'The Reverend Al has called and expressed his support and condolences. The family is very appreciative.'
    Responding to the allegations that he has been barred from the service, Sharpton told the paper that he 'would never come unless they asked', adding that he is 'willing to be helpful to the family but only when needed.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz3WwVQxIAm

All he had to do was stop. He was the author of his own demise. And No I am not sad that he won't be adding any more of his spawn to my TaxBill.
    WTF. Cowering to authority, cowering to tax law, with a side of racism all in one post!!!!!??

There is another thread on this somewhere I have already commented on. This stuff happens basically every single day, and the cops are almost always wrong, and almost nothing ever happens to them. I dunno, it just seems most of the old hats around here are harrumphed out. I for one kept a blog on police abuse well before I got involved in this community. Ten years of documenting this shyt and after a while it's like there's nothing left to say.
    It's been over twenty for me.

And not the first time, when it seemed that awareness within a "net community" was reaching a "critical mass", that the subject was banned, I was banned, or it was relegated to a no-see-um area. (Yeah, this is not the first time. Which is how I knew how it would all play out.)

Cops, it seems, as modern day Übermensch, are to be revered as gods among men.

And no, even if he did stop, obeyed hard and became fully compliant, he still stood a good chance of catching a life threatening beating.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

And not the first time, when it seemed that awareness within a "net community" was reaching a "critical mass", that the subject was banned, I was banned, or it was relegated to a no-see-um area. (Yeah, this is not the first time. Which is how I knew how it would all play out.)

This new layout makes it hard to keep up with the stuff. I've pretty much left to other sources, now. And really, the forum is pretty dead anyways. GP doesn't seem to be getting half the traffic it used to get, either. Split views down the middle because of a few whiners (most of whom I don't even see post anymore).

It isn't the police murdering people daily that had them in a fit. It was that they had to see the news articles daily about police murdering people. Smh.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Hero worship is a powerful obstacle to overcome. When a regular individual is so deprived of the ability to act heroically then a simulacrum must be manufactured. And to take even that away leaves one bereft of all that might be aspired to.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Hmmmmm, a gent who spawns endless offspring and then dumps them on the taxpayer is truthfully not that great a loss to the Community. This was a fully legit arrest. The gent had no excuse to run and the cop had a duty to stop him. The gent is a very poor 'vic' to rally around.

Yeah because it was vitally important to shoot him in the back for running. What a hero.

Hopefully you don't find yourself in that situation...oh wait...you'll be on your knees before he pulls the gun...cuz that's what good law abiding citizens do.

Quote Originally Posted by kcchiefs6465 View Post
    This new layout makes it hard to keep up with the stuff. I've pretty much left to other sources, now. And really, the forum is pretty dead anyways. GP doesn't seem to be getting half the traffic it used to get, either. Split views down the middle because of a few whiners (most of whom I don't even see post anymore).

It isn't the police murdering people daily that had them in a fit. It was that they had to see the news articles daily about police murdering people. Smh.
    +QFT

Is this another case of a cop shooting an Afghan/Iraq war hero/vet?

South Carolina police Officer Michael Slager (left) fatally shot Walter Scott (right), in the back while he ran away on April 4.

Edit to add update:

Officer and victim in S.C. shooting are Coast Guard vets

By Meghann Myers, Staff writer 1:39 p.m. EDT April 9, 2015
    The two men at the center of a racially charged shooting in South Carolina are Coast Guard veterans.
    North Charleston police officer Michael T. Slager, 33, and the unarmed black man he shot following a routine traffic stop, 50-year-old Walter L. Scott, served as junior enlisted Coast Guardsmen earlier in their lives, according to service records provided to Navy Times.
    A recording taken by a bystander shows Slager firing eight times at Scott's back, hitting him five times, as he tries to flee during the April 4 encounter.
    Slager was charged with murder Tuesday, said North Charleston Mayor Keith Summey at a press conference after the video emerged.
    Following the shooting, Slager told officials that Scott had wrested the officer's stun gun away as he pursued him for a traffic stop.
    Scott had an outstanding arrest warrant for unpaid child support, officials said, and he ran away when Slager pulled him over for a busted taillight.

http://www.navytimes.com/story/military/coast-guard/2015/04/09/south-carolina-police-shooting-michael-slager-walter-scott-coast-guard

Just got around to watching the video...

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    That good cop is going to be mad at him for doing that. Good thing he remembered to plant evidence with all that adrenalin.
    "IF GOD DIDN'T WANT TO HELP AMERICA, THEN WE WOULD HAVE Hillary Clinton"!!
    "let them search you,touch you,violate your Rights,just don't be a dick!"~ cdc482
    "For Wales. Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world. But for Wales?"
    All my life I've been at the mercy of men just following orders... Never again!~Erik Lehnsherr
    There's nothing wrong with stopping people randomly, especially near bars, restaurants etc.~Velho

I'll take "throw down piece" for $1000, Alex.

And this is played out every single day in AmeriKa.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post

24. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll take "throw down piece" for $1000, Alex.

And this is played out every single day in AmeriKa.
    The fact that an alleged "Christian" can actually accept this kind of thing is gonna make the King mighty mighty angry. For the ones who actually cheer it on, I expect to see something even more dramatic...like them flung bodily (and not gently) into the lake of fire.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/04/20/us...peat.html?_r=0

But experts said problems could arise when such tactics were used against people who had little money, and the vast majority of unpaid child support is owed by the very poor. A 2007 Urban Institute study of child support debt in nine large states found that 70 percent of the arrears were owed by people who reported less than $10,000 a year in income. They were expected to pay, on average, 83 percent of their income in child support — a percentage that declined precipitously in higher income brackets.

In many jurisdictions, support orders are based not on the parent’s actual income but on “imputed income” — what they would be expected to earn if they had a full-time, minimum wage or median wage job. In South Carolina, the unemployment rate for black men is 12 percent.
    Last edited by AuH20; 04-21-2015 at 11:19 AM.

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-08-2015 at 12:27 PM.

Walter Scott family reaches $6.5M settlement with city

The family of Walter Scott, a black South Carolina man shot and killed by a police officer who is now facing murder charges, has reached a $6.5 million settlement with city officials.

The North Charleston, S.C. city council approved the settlement Thursday night at a hearing attended by Scott's family and their attorneys.

Officer Michael Slager, who is white, was arrested and charged with murder after a videotape taken by a bystander showed the officer shooting a fleeing Scott in the back multiple times on April 4. Scott died at the scene. The video, replayed across the country, captured national attention and underscored increasing tension between white police officers and black men.

"I am glad the city and the family were able to reach a settlement without the necessity of a lawsuit," North Charleston Mayor R. Keith Summey said shortly after the settlement's approval. "Both sides have met many times and worked very hard over the past several months to resolve this matter."

Summey said he appreciated Scott's family asking for calm shortly after video of Scott's death surfaced. He explained that since the shooting, North Charleston has taken several steps including outfitting police with body cameras as well as engaging the North Charleston police department and the Justice Department.

"As a result of this tragedy, important issues have been discussed not only in North Charleston, but around the country," Summey said. "Citizens have become engaged in the process and government officials are listening."

The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division, which is investigating the shooting, also released video taken by a police patrol car dash camera showing Scott, 50, getting out of his car and running away after a traffic stop moments before he was shot dead by Slager.

In that video, Slager, approaches a dark Mercedes-Benz driven by Scott and says he pulled him over because of a non-functioning taillight. Scott can be heard saying he doesn't have registration or insurance on the vehicle because he was in the process of buying it.

After a brief exchange, the officer returns to his cruiser. Scott tentatively gets out from the car, then gets back in. Moments later Scott opens the door again and runs off the side of the screen. Slager then runs after him.

Thursday night, Scott's family reflected on the settlement and Slager's fate.

"While nothing can replace having Walter in our lives, the city of North Charleston’s historic actions ensure that he did not die in vain," Anthony Scott, Walter Scott’s brother said. "This city sent a message, loud and clear, that this kind of reckless behavior exhibited by members of law enforcement will not and shall not be tolerated."

Anthony Scott added that the family is now hoping that Slager is convicted of murder.

"We will now focus on efforts in the criminal trial of Walter’s killer," Anthony Scott said. "It is our hope that after a jury of his peers reviews the evidence, they’ll send an equally important message to law enforcement. This is not place for unnecessary violence against unarmed fleeing individuals."

Walter Scott's family said the settlement will go toward Scott's children and that a portion of the money will also be donated to help with disaster relief efforts for recent flooding in South Carolina.

http://www.11alive.com/story/news/20...ials/73619624/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

A huge settlement BEFORE a murder trial? WTF? How is the cop supposed to receive a fair trial if the city already admitted that he's guilty?? I've never heard of anything like that before.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Made bail today:

Ex-Officer Freed Pending Trial in Killing of Walter Scott

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/01/05/us...cott.html?_r=0

By ALAN BLINDERJAN. 4, 2016

The former South Carolina police officer charged with murder in the April death of Walter L. Scott, an unarmed black man, was released on bond on Monday, nine months after the shooting that prompted a national outcry.

The decision by Judge Clifton Newman was a long-sought victory for Michael T. Slager, who was fired from the North Charleston Police Department after the shooting, which a passer-by recorded with a cellphone. Judge Newman set bond at $500,000 and said that Mr. Slager, who is white, would be on house arrest before his Oct. 31 trial.

“We’re genuinely pleased that the court made the decision that it did, and not only that he set bond, but that he set a reasonable bond,” said Andrew J. Savage III, Mr. Slager’s lawyer.

Monday’s ruling allowed Mr. Slager, who shot Mr. Scott in the back and fired repeatedly as Mr. Scott ran, to go free for the first time since April 7, when the recording of the shooting became public. The confrontation happened after Mr. Scott fled from a traffic stop.

“The family is not happy about Mr. Slager getting bond, but they understand that it’s just part of the judicial process,” said Justin Bamberg, a lawyer for Mr. Scott’s family. “It’s not like it vindicates him of any wrongdoing; it just means he won’t have to spend this time sitting in a jail cell.”

Judge Newman had previously rejected Mr. Slager’s request for bond; in a September ruling, he said Mr. Slager’s release then would “constitute an unreasonable danger to the community.”

Judge Newman had previously rejected Mr. Slager’s request for bond; in a September ruling, he said Mr. Slager’s release then would “constitute an unreasonable danger to the community.”
    Yeah? What or who changed his mind?

Indicted on fedcoat charges today.

And the killers of Zach Hammond skate, because, white kid.

Ex-North Charleston officer indicted on federal charges in Walter Scott death

http://www.cnn.com/2016/05/11/us/nor...cott-shooting/

A grand jury Wednesday indicted former North Charleston, South Carolina, police officer Michael Slager on federal charges in last year's shooting death of Walter Scott.

Slager was charged with deprivation of rights under the color of the law, use of a weapon during the commission of a violent crime and obstruction of justice.

Slager, who is white, already had been charged locally with murder and fired from the police force after being caught on video shooting the 50-year-old African-American father of four in the back following a traffic stop.

He fired eight times, hitting Scott with five of those bullets.

33. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Michael Slager trial: Lone juror is holdout on verdict, judge says

CHARLESTON, S.C. – A lone juror will not vote to convict Michael Slager, the former South Carolina police officer accused in the fatal shooting of a black man. But jurors told the judge late Friday afternoon that they would continue deliberating and wish to return at 9 a.m. on Monday.

Slager, who is white, is charged in the death of 50-year-old Walter Scott, who was shot five times in the back in April 2015 as he fled a traffic stop after his 1990 Mercedes was pulled for a broken taillight. A bystander’s cellphone video of the shooting shocked the nation.

On Friday afternoon, the jury announced they were unable to reach a unanimous verdict, but a judge sent them back to continue deliberations. Around 4:30 p.m., Judge Clifton Newman read a letter from a single juror who said it was impossible for him or her to agree with the other jurors on a guilty verdict.

Newman read the letter to the court in which the juror wrote he “can’t in good conscience approve a guilty verdict” and would not change his mind.

Newman then asked the clerk of court to speak with the jury foreman to determine whether the jury is “hopelessly deadlocked,” according to CBS affiliate WCSC. The jury responded with a note saying, “Yes, we are deadlocked,” and “the juror is not moving.”

When brought before the judge, however, the jury foreperson said the panel might be able to reach a unanimous verdict if they were further instructed on the law. They once again returned to the deliberation room as a defense lawyer moved for a mistrial. The judge discussed the matter with the prosecutor and the defense, and declined to declare a mistrial. The court is awaiting a note from the jury regarding the legal issue they wish to be instructed on.

On Thursday, the jurors asked for transcripts of key testimony and wondered about the difference between passion and fear. Judge Clifton Newman told the jurors Friday morning that the court could not instruct them on those definitions, saying it’s a distinction jurors must decide.

At around 1:00 p.m. Friday, the jury asked for the testimony of Feidin Santana, the man who recorded the cellphone video of the shooting. Newman said he would be willing to re-play Santana’s statement to the court.

Shortly after requesting the testimony, the jury again sent a note to the judge, this time saying, “It is clear that jurors will not be able to reach a consensus.”

Newman ordered them to continue deliberating.

“It isn’t always easy for even two people to agree, so when 12 people must agree, it becomes even more difficult,” Newman said.

However, the judge said the jurors have a “duty” to make every effort to reach a unanimous verdict.

While he said each juror has a right to their own opinion and cautioned against giving up firmly held beliefs, he said “you should carefully consider and respect the opinions of everyone and re-evaluate your positions for reasonableness, correctness and impartiality.”

Newman ordered jurors to “lay aside all outside matters and re-examine the questions before you based on the law and the evidence in this case.”

The jury was handed the case Wednesday evening.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/michael-...er-scott-case/
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul View Post
    The intellectual battle for liberty can appear to be a lonely one at times. However, the numbers are not as important as the principles that we hold. Leonard Read always taught that "it's not a numbers game, but an ideological game." That's why it's important to continue to provide a principled philosophy as to what the role of government ought to be, despite the numbers that stare us in the face.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This intellectually stimulating conversation is the reason I keep coming here.

He fired eight times, hitting Scott with five of those bullets.

Anyone else wonder where those three "extra" rounds wound up?

I would also note two other things: 62.5% hit rate is deplorable marksmanship for a civilian, and WAY too good for the typical LEO. There's an odor about this...
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast