Thread: Texas Deputies Caught on Video Punching Handcuffed Pregnant Woman

Texas Deputies Caught on Video Punching Handcuffed Pregnant Woman

Just more state-sponsored violence in the name of "for the children." And, of course the victim was arrested for assaulting the public servant's fists ...

http://www.wfaa.com/story/news/crime...ties/25360957/

Woman says she was assaulted by deputies when pregnant
    Tanya Eiserer, WFAA 8:13 p.m. CDT April 6, 2015

A Hunt County Sheriff's deputy is under investigation after a video posted online over the weekend appears to show him hitting a woman in her ninth month of pregnancy.

Video of the violent March 4 confrontation shows the deputy hitting Deanna Robinson at least once as he and another officer push the woman into a kitchen counter at her parents' home in Quinlan.

Robinson, 38, was arrested on charges of resisting arrest, assault on a public servant, and interference with child custody. She was held in the Hunt County Jail for about six days.

Child Protective Services officials, accompanied by sheriff's deputies, had come to the home of Robinson's parents to remove her 18-month-old son Landry.

"I'm 38 weeks pregnant, and with my stomach again repeatedly pressed into that counter, and with my 18-month old son watching his mother be assaulted, and him screaming in fear," Robinson said. "There's nothing that warrants what they did to me."

Her toddler — along with her three stepchildren ranging in age from six to nine — are currently in temporary CPS custody. Her infant son, Levi, was born in mid-March and is being cared for by her parents.

Hunt County Sheriff Randy Meeks posted a statement on the department's Facebook page after the video went viral. The statement said he takes all allegations of misconduct seriously, and that he had opened an administrative investigation to determine "if any violations occurred."

The statement promised the results of investigation would be made public.

Sheriff's officials said they have received dozens of calls about the video. Hundreds of people took to the department's Facebook page to express outrage about the deputy's alleged actions, and protesters have been standing at intersections urging others to view the online video.

snip
    Last edited by SeanTX; 04-07-2015 at 10:46 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, it's a stressful job, removing children from their home, for the state, so this brave officer was just "blowing off some steam" I guess.

The officers are OK, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Well, it's a stressful job, removing children from their home womb, for the state, so this brave officer was just "blowing off some steam" I guess.

The officers are OK, right?
    FTFY.

lol @ "started an investigation to find out if any policy violations occurred".

well sheit, as long as policy was followed I guess its all ok.

That's what you get for resisting arrest and breaking the law. The officers didn't put the baby in harms way, the mother did for breaking the law.

This is what people actually think.
    Support Justin Amash for Congress
    Michigan Congressional District 3

Video shows deputy 'hitting heavily pregnant war veteran in her back as they remove toddler fr

Video shows deputy 'hitting heavily pregnant war veteran in her back as they remove toddler from her care'

By Jill Reilly
    7 April 2015

A video has emerged which appears to show a deputy hitting a heavily pregnant Iraq war veteran on her back during an arrest.

Deanna Robinson, of Quinlan, Texas, was 38 weeks pregnant when she says she was struck at least three times at her parents' home.

She said deputies and state workers from Child Protective Services were present to remove her 18-month-old son because of allegations of abuse or neglect following a fight between her and her husband.

Continued...
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Why did the camera shut off? Did it malfunction?

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    "Go black!"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    One source I saw said the video was from a home security system with multiple cameras monitoring from different angles, so any one camera is only on for a few seconds at a time.

Support the troops!!

Never thought the day would come when beating a war veteran pregnant white woman would not even raise an eyebrow. Or shooting and killing a mentally ill pregnant woman.

Damn, when did it become open season on pregnant women????

This stuff really works huh....and these women aren't even armed with guns....

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    lol @ "started an investigation to find out if any policy violations occurred".

well sheit, as long as policy was followed I guess its all ok.
    I know right? I've been wondering about this crap for a while now. "Policy was followed, all is well." Well. Why is it so wrong to question the policy then? If this kind of stuff happens every single freaking day, and the answer is always "Policy was followed," then it's time to change the freaking policy. Why is it so hard for ordinary people to wrap their heads around that?

Justified.

No charges or even reprimand.

And to make sure the uppity Mundane learns her $#@!ing lesson, theye plan on piling more charges against her.

Cop “Violated No Policies” After Being Caught on Video Punching 9-Months Pregnant Woman in Belly

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/tx-...otzkHmtA2E6.99

The deputy involved, Deputy J. Robinson, was no-billed by a Hunt County grand jury and has since been reinstated to full duty. A statement released by the sheriff’s office on Monday state, “The outcome of the internal investigation has determined that no policies have been violated.”

“That notion is ludicrous,” Deanna Robinson said. “There is nothing that I did, and there is nothing in my mind that exists that warrants that kind of treatment on an extremely pregnant woman.”

In what can only be described as retaliatory behavior, Sheriff Randy Meeks said that he plans to meet with the District Attorney concerning the filing of additional charges against Deanna Robinson, the victim of the police assault.

Had a citizen without a badge punched a pregnant woman in the stomach, you can be assured that criminal charges would have followed. It’s cases like this that highlight the fact that police are not held to the same standards of conduct as the general public. As long as cops can simply investigate themselves, one bad apple will keep the whole batch rotten.

It's nearly impossible to get a Texas grand jury to indict an LEO.

In my (very limited) direct experience they seem to go out of their way to see to it that LEOs and LEO family members are disproportionately represented in the grand jury selection pool.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    One source I saw said the video was from a home security system with multiple cameras monitoring from different angles, so any one camera is only on for a few seconds at a time.
    What kind of a crappy security system is that ? The whole reason for cameras is so you can monitor what happens/happened. Then what good are they if they are shut off most of the time...
    "I am a bird"

Protocol was followed.

Justified.

No charges or even reprimand.

And to make sure the uppity Mundane learns her $#@!ing lesson, theye plan on piling more charges against her.

Cop “Violated No Policies” After Being Caught on Video Punching 9-Months Pregnant Woman in Belly

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/tx-...otzkHmtA2E6.99

The deputy involved, Deputy J. Robinson, was no-billed by a Hunt County grand jury and has since been reinstated to full duty. A statement released by the sheriff’s office on Monday state, “The outcome of the internal investigation has determined that no policies have been violated.”

“That notion is ludicrous,” Deanna Robinson said. “There is nothing that I did, and there is nothing in my mind that exists that warrants that kind of treatment on an extremely pregnant woman.”

In what can only be described as retaliatory behavior, Sheriff Randy Meeks said that he plans to meet with the District Attorney concerning the filing of additional charges against Deanna Robinson, the victim of the police assault.

Had a citizen without a badge punched a pregnant woman in the stomach, you can be assured that criminal charges would have followed. It’s cases like this that highlight the fact that police are not held to the same standards of conduct as the general public. As long as cops can simply investigate themselves, one bad apple will keep the whole batch rotten.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

Goons gonna goon fetus' ...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well she does look like a real badass.....

The DA is a prime candidate for public evisceration.

Texas Sheriff Says You Have To Obey the Police Because Their ‘Authority Comes From God’

http://countercurrentnews.com/2015/0...omes-from-god/

<snip>

Meeks asked rhetorically, “What has our country come to? When will we wake up to the fact that a country established ‘under God’ is now a Godless nation. People evidently don’t want law and order. They want to kill, threaten and to harm the very officers who are in place to protect them.”

Hoping to deal the final blow to his critics, he cited Paul’s letter to the Romans, saying: “Guess where that authority comes from to law enforcement? It comes from God,” Meeks wrote. “Read Romans 13:1 in the Bible. And while you are at it, you folks in Ferguson, Baltimore, Arlington and here, take a Gander at Romans 13:2.”

The sheriff added that anyone who criticizes the police is defying God, and that this is merely “the ignorance of some people.” He urged officers to “hang in there” while Godless citizens criticize them for punching pregnant women in the belly.

Soooooooo,

Mr. Sheriff dude...

When the militia declares themselves to be the governing authority and comes calling for your head on a pike I suppose you'll promptly submit..

That's what I thought.

Texas Sheriff Says You Have To Obey the Police Because Their ‘Authority Comes From God’

<snip>

Meeks asked rhetorically, “What has our country come to? When will we wake up to the fact that a country established ‘under God’ is now a Godless nation. People evidently don’t want law and order. They want to kill, threaten and to harm the very officers who are in place to protect them.”

Hoping to deal the final blow to his critics, he cited Paul’s letter to the Romans, saying: “Guess where that authority comes from to law enforcement? It comes from God,” Meeks wrote. “Read Romans 13:1 in the Bible. And while you are at it, you folks in Ferguson, Baltimore, Arlington and here, take a Gander at Romans 13:2.”

The sheriff added that anyone who criticizes the police is defying God, and that this is merely “the ignorance of some people.” He urged officers to “hang in there” while Godless citizens criticize them for punching pregnant women in the belly.
    This guy so much needs to have a discussion with Sola Fide.

<snip>

This is the problem with blindly following words on paper. The Bible is a great inspired text of wisdom passed along for several thousands of years, but it's not God!! It may have been inspired by God (I believe it is) but to think there could not be mistakes after thousands of years of people messing around with it is foolish...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

So you all think it would be okay for her to just beat the stuffing out of her husband? Who solves the problem?

This story is two years old.
    Last edited by euphemia; 11-26-2017 at 01:34 PM.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi