Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Pat Buchanan on cnn loves Ron Paul

  1. #1

    Default Pat Buchanan on cnn loves Ron Paul

    He says he likes him personally, knows him personally, hasnt endorsed him but says he is consistant, courageous, etc. Says its up to huckabee rudy and romney though... dumb..


    However what he doesnt know is the prior nonvoters and independants will add extra votes for Ron that other cantidates will not recieve. Hopefully this will help him win. I am sure this will have a major impact.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #2

    Default

    Well I told you that Huckabee is going to 'win' the 'elections' (read: The show).

    When you have Pat Buchanan saying it, things don't look good for us.


  4. #3

    Default

    Really wish we could get Pat to endorse him. Wouldn't it be something if they both ran on the same ticket?

  5. #4

    Default

    Can you believe that Pat Buchannan just said that the race is between Huckabee, Giuliani, and Romney?!?!?

  6. #5

    Default

    Pat said he wouldn't endorse him. I don't think he'll endorse anybody.

  7. #6

    Default

    He's expected to spew the establishment crap, otherwise he wouldn't be on these "news" stations. Of course he's going to say that it looks like a battle between Mitt and Mike, with Rudy maybe able to make a comeback... maybe.

  8. #7

    Default

    I can't believe Pat doesn't think Ron is going to win and saying Huckabee is a frontrunner is outrageous.

  9. #8

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyInNY View Post
    Well I told you that Huckabee is going to 'win' the 'elections' (read: The show).

    When you have Pat Buchanan saying it, things don't look good for us.
    Why is that? Buchanan is on the same page with Paul on many more issues than just about anyone else. Unfortunately, from my perspective, PJB let's his religious beliefs cloud his political judgment on several social issue but other than that he is pretty much right on.

  10. #9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulitician View Post
    He's expected to spew the establishment crap, otherwise he wouldn't be on these "news" stations. Of course he's going to say that it looks like a battle between Mitt and Mike, with Rudy maybe able to make a comeback... maybe.
    What about Fred

  11. #10

    Default

    There are many weeks before the first contests.

    Huckster just shot up and was not dealt with by the "top tier". Wait until you see Rudy and Romney go after him.

    It will be a mud-slinging contest... bank on it.

  12. #11

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfsmith View Post
    What about Fred
    Fred is just a spoiler. He never was put into the race by the CFR to win. Just to split the vote up.


  13. #12

    Default

    Pat will secretly vote for Ron Paul, however if he gave him a public endorsement he wouldnt get invited back on shows like he always is. The MSM has certain views they want reinforced and while they will allow him to voice his likes/dislikes he cant go endorsing people like Ron Paul and implying they have a chance or he will get the boot.

  14. #13

    Default

    He's expected to spew the establishment crap, otherwise he wouldn't be on these "news" stations.

    This really is the only explanation for his inexplicable decision not to endorse Ron.
    "The individual is handicapped by coming face-to-face with a conspiracy so monstrous he cannot believe it exists." - J. Edgar Hoover

  15. #14

    Default

    I find that hiliarious he says it's up to Rudy, Huckleberry, et al. How is anything up to them? After writing his most recent book and looking at those clowns, how can he say anything is up to them?

    Buchanan is an idiot apparently..
    '"No army can stop an idea whose time has come!" - Ron Paul 2007

    The most dangerous man, to any government, is the man who is able to think things out for himself... Almost inevitably, he comes to the conclusion that the government he lives under is dishonest, insane and intolerable. - H. L. Mencken

  16. #15

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dorfsmith View Post
    What about Fred
    What about him?

    He's a nobody, alongside John McCain. I think he peaked when he entered the race. Everything since then has been downhill.

  17. #16

    Default

    Let the establishment keep believing it will be Huckabee, Giuliani, and Romney. Ron Paul is flying under the radar, he is better off that way for now.

  18. #17

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Paulitician View Post
    What about him?

    He's a nobody, alongside John McCain. I think he peaked when he entered the race. Everything since then has been downhill.
    I know I still have one friend who loves Fred. I like to rub it in since he was giving me such a hard time about Ron Paul saying "when Fred jumps in the race all the Ron Paul supporters are going to switch to Fred"

  19. #18

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sirachman View Post
    Pat will secretly vote for Ron Paul, however if he gave him a public endorsement he wouldnt get invited back on shows like he always is. The MSM has certain views they want reinforced and while they will allow him to voice his likes/dislikes he cant go endorsing people like Ron Paul and implying they have a chance or he will get the boot.
    If Pat Buchanan had any balls he'd recognize the dire straits this country is in, quit the msm (does he need the money?) and stand up for what is right. I'm sick of what all these clowns "secretly" want to do yet continue to do the opposite for their paychecks.

    he is not a patriot IMO
    Proud $2300 member
    (now working on husbands $2300)

  20. #19

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    If Pat Buchanan had any balls he'd recognize the dire straits this country is in, quit the msm (does he need the money?) and stand up for what is right. I'm sick of what all these clowns "secretly" want to do yet continue to do the opposite for their paychecks.

    he is not a patriot IMO
    More and more I'm starting to agree with this. Stand up and be counted Pat.

  21. #20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mconder View Post
    He's expected to spew the establishment crap, otherwise he wouldn't be on these "news" stations.

    This really is the only explanation for his inexplicable decision not to endorse Ron.
    No, there are a number of good reasons Pat doesn't endorse Ron outright. This issue has been discussed on this forum many, many times.

    Do a search for "Buchanan" and you'll get lots of threads on the topic.

    Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    If Pat Buchanan had any balls he'd recognize the dire straits this country is in, quit the msm (does he need the money?) and stand up for what is right. I'm sick of what all these clowns "secretly" want to do yet continue to do the opposite for their paychecks.

    he is not a patriot IMO

  22. #21

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by daviddee View Post
    There are many weeks before the first contests.

    Huckster just shot up and was not dealt with by the "top tier". Wait until you see Rudy and Romney go after him.

    It will be a mud-slinging contest... bank on it.
    Exactly! Yes!

    Honestly, this whole thing reminds me of the talk before Nov 5th. Will we break a million? $500k? 2 million? Then lo and behold, we cough up $4.3m.

  23. #22

    Default

    Quit the Buchanan hate. He's really good guy, and I don't think is influenced by the media.

    I think the reason he's saying that it's up to those 3 and not RP is that he knows the effect of the MSM. He knows that RP WILL get labeled as a sexist, racist, etc. as they did to him in 96. Heck, maybe even he's saying RP doesn't have a chance because he knows that once RP becomes a mainstream candidate those attacks will start. Or maybe it's just because he knows that his backing of RP will cause the MSM to say "RP supported by racist" just like the incident with the brothel owner, I don't know.

    There's a couple issues they might disagree with. Immigration slightly, as PB is even for slowing legal immigration in order to allow the Southwest to assimilate, rather than become basically a different country.

    And also free trade, of course. If you've read his books, you'd know Buchanan was once a free trader but reversed his position on that when he saw all the jobs going overseas.

    People here need to understand that something other than unconditional support of RP is not bad. Buchanan just said a lot of great things about Dr. Paul and people are hating on him? Dumb.

  24. #23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by majinkoola View Post
    Quit the Buchanan hate. He's really good guy, and I don't think is influenced by the media.

    I think the reason he's saying that it's up to those 3 and not RP is that he knows the effect of the MSM. He knows that RP WILL get labeled as a sexist, racist, etc. as they did to him in 96. Heck, maybe even he's saying RP doesn't have a chance because he knows that once RP becomes a mainstream candidate those attacks will start. Or maybe it's just because he knows that his backing of RP will cause the MSM to say "RP supported by racist" just like the incident with the brothel owner, I don't know.

    There's a couple issues they might disagree with. Immigration slightly, as PB is even for slowing legal immigration in order to allow the Southwest to assimilate, rather than become basically a different country.

    And also free trade, of course. If you've read his books, you'd know Buchanan was once a free trader but reversed his position on that when he saw all the jobs going overseas.

    People here need to understand that something other than unconditional support of RP is not bad. Buchanan just said a lot of great things about Dr. Paul and people are hating on him? Dumb.
    Exactly.

    Here's a thread from yesterday where this was discussed:
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=buchanan

  25. #24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    If Pat Buchanan had any balls he'd recognize the dire straits this country is in, quit the msm (does he need the money?) and stand up for what is right. I'm sick of what all these clowns "secretly" want to do yet continue to do the opposite for their paychecks.

    he is not a patriot IMO
    Do you think his books would be so popular if he didn't participate on these shows? And those books, if you have read them, do wonders for informing the public of what is going on.

    He is certainly a patriot. Read his books before you make assumptions like this. His books are called "State of Emergency," "Death of the West," and now "Day of Reckoning." He KNOWS the dire straits the country is in, obviously.

  26. #25

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deedles View Post
    If Pat Buchanan had any balls he'd recognize the dire straits this country is in, quit the msm (does he need the money?) and stand up for what is right. I'm sick of what all these clowns "secretly" want to do yet continue to do the opposite for their paychecks.

    he is not a patriot IMO
    Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Pat Buchanan took a lot of Paul's positions to the national stage back in 1992. Especially the issue of illegal immigration.

  27. #26

    Default

    Pat Buchanan's outspoken support of Ron Paul is one of the key reasons I am here today.

  28. #27

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    Obviously you have no idea what you are talking about. Pat Buchanan took a lot of Paul's positions to the national stage back in 1992. Especially the issue of illegal immigration.
    This is true, in fact I don't think Ron would register much if not for the run of Pat earlier.

  29. #28

    Default

    Believe it or not, the msm is doing Paul a great service by shunning him and not taking him seriously.

    While Ron Paul is hands down the greatest candidate we've had as president for at least a generation, I believe that the mistreatment of him by the media has put a fire in the belly for many who otherwise would not get involved in the election process. Just look at what the grassroots are doing for the cause.

    The best thing the msm can do is is lull the other candidates supporters into thinking that their guy has it wrapped up. That will just continue the trend of their low turnouts at the polls. "Wow. Huckabee's got Iowa wrapped up according to the latest polls. That's good because I've got better things to do than hang out at a polling station."

    Paul's supporters, along with having a candidate of founding father material, now have something to prove to the naysayers, and I believe we will be successful in this.

  30. #29

    Default

    This is WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND with the likes of Buchanan and Dobbs..

    They all say "i like ron but..." --- YET, the alternative is HORRENDOUS. Even if Ron didn't fit the bill no all their issues, they should support him on principle along given how horrible the OTHERS ARE!!!

    HIs thinking is completely flawed.

    Unless of course.... dobbs/buchanan plan on running as independents as Pres/VP .

  31. #30

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    This is WHAT I DO NOT UNDERSTAND with the likes of Buchanan and Dobbs..

    They all say "i like ron but..." --- YET, the alternative is HORRENDOUS. Even if Ron didn't fit the bill no all their issues, they should support him on principle along given how horrible the OTHERS ARE!!!

    HIs thinking is completely flawed.

    Unless of course.... dobbs/buchanan plan on running as independents as Pres/VP .

    I don't think Pat will consider another third-party run. Did anyone else catch what Pat said about it being Dr. Paul's fault PERSONALLY (if he ran as third party candidate) for putting a Democrat in the White House? That, to me, sounded like Pat's all of a sudden more hung up on whether a Dem or a Repub wins the White House instead of who the best man for the job is. For THAT, I've lost a LOT of faith in Pat Buchanan and I voted for the man!
    "...It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere..." -- Voltaire

    "When a well-packaged web of lies has been sold gradually to the masses over generations, the truth will seem utterly preposterous and its speaker a raving lunatic." ~~ D. James

    Ron Paul! I BELIEVE!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast




« Previous Thread | Next Thread »


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •