Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Stick a Fork in the Daily Paul ... it's done.

I've been thinking about this Fred Reed piece a lot, ever sine hearing Nystrom is shutting down his site.

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Thompson.shtml
    Hunter Thompson
    All Gone Now
    February 26, 2005
    When Thompson blew his brains out, a door closed somewhere and you could hear the latch click. The main man had gone. Most of us can easily be replaced. There was only one Hunter Thompson. I’ll heist one tonight to a fine, fine writer, a voice of his time, the embodiment of an age the like of which there never was and which, for good or bad, will never come again.

The Sixties look drab now—unkempt Manson girls, the lost and unhappy, kids bleak and bleary-brained after waking up with too many strangers in too many sour crash pads. There was that. It was not a time for the weak-minded. But for those whose youth passed in the freak years, there was something gaudy and silly and even profound, something delightfully warped, that nobody else would ever have. Thompson caught it.

I didn’t know him. Others have written better than I can of his work. But I knew the world that gave rise to him.

Starting around 1964, a restlessness came over the land, an itch. Kids trickled and later flooded onto the highways as if called by something. I can’t explain it. Few had done it before. Few do it now. They—we--set forth and created the only country in which Thompson could have made sense.

It wasn’t the war, at first. Nor was it only the usual impatience of youth with authority. Nor was it even that we were young and the world was wide. There was a revulsion against suburban emptiness, against the eight-to-five Ozzie and Harriet gig, a rejection of the Establishment, which meant boring jobs and singing commercials.

We discovered drugs, then regarded as worse than virgin sacrifices to Moloch, and looked through a window we could never name. If the times were out of joint, we were seldom out of joints. Chemistry defined the life. You found a freak in some rotting slum and said, “Hey, man, got some $#@!?” You toked up. You got the munchies, the skitters, the fears. Parents really didn’t understand. Dope, we said, will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. It did.

Thompson, a savage writer, a grand middle finger raised against the sky, essayed drugs and found them good. And said so, and we loved him. When he wrote of getting wacked out of his mind on seven illicit pharmaceuticals, and wandering in puzzled paranoia through the lobby of existence, we shrieked with laughter. We knew the same drugs. We too had tried desperately to look straight in public when the world had turned into a slow-motion movie. When it was over, everybody went into a law firm.

Our socio-political understanding was limited. After all, we were pretty much kids. I remember having a discussion in Riverside, California, of how Republicans reproduced. We didn’t think it could be by sex. I figured it was by budding.

For a while though, it all worked. Apostles of the long-haul thumb, we hitchhiked in altered mental states. I don’t recommend it without guidance. We stood by the western highways as the big rigs roared by, rocking in the wash and the keening of the tires, desert stretching off to clot-red hills in the distance. At night we might buy bottles of Triple Jack at some isolated gas station and dip into an arroyo, roll a fat one and swill Jack and talk and hallucinate under the stars. An insight of the times was that if you got fifty feet off the beaten track and sat down, you didn’t exist. It still works if you need it.

None of it was reasonable. I’ve never found anything worthwhile that was.

Then there was politics, the war. Thompson was rocket smart and knew you couldn’t work within the system since that meant granting it legitimacy. Peace with Honor, the Light at the End of the Tunnel, all the ashen columnists arguing about timed withdrawal and incremental pressure. He knew it was about profits for McDonnell Douglas and egotistical warts growing like malignant goiters on the neck of the country. He was Johnny Pot Seed, a Windowpane Ghandi, dangerous as Twain.

The times brought their epiphanies. I remember being gezonked on mescaline in a pad in Stafford, Virginia, and realizing that existence was the point of execution in a giant Fortran program. So it’s all done in software, I thought. I was floating in the universe. In the infinite darkness of space the code stretched above and below in IBM blue letters hundreds of feet high that converged to nothingness: N = N * 5, Go To 43, ITEST = 4**IEXP. For an hour I was awash in understanding. The stereo was playing Bolero, which was written by a Do-loop, so it all fitted.

Thompson savaged it all, lampooned it, creating a world of consciousness-sculpting substances and bad-ass motorcycles and absolute cynicism about the government. Today, after thirty years of journalism, I can’t find the flaw in his reasoning.

The other writer of the age was Tom Wolfe, but he wasn’t in Thompson’s league. Wolfe was a talented outsider looking perceptively at someone else’s trip. Thompson lived the life, liked big-bore handguns and big-bore bikes and had a liver analysis that read like a Merck catalog. His paranoia may be style, but you can’t write what you aren’t almost.

I remember standing alone in early afternoon beside some two-lane desert road in New Mexico, or somewhere else, that undulated off through rolling hills and had absolutely no traffic. I don’t know that I was on anything. Of course, I don’t know that I wasn’t. A murky sun hung in an aluminum sky like a fried egg waiting to fall and mesquite bushes pocked the dry sand with blue mortar bursts. The silence was infinite. I lay in the middle of the road for a while just because I could. Then I followed a line of ants into the desert to see where they were going.

A grey Buick Riviera, a wheeled barge lost in the desert, slid to a stop. The trunk creaked open like a jaw. A squatty little mushroomy woman behind the wheel motioned me to get it. As we drove the cruise alarm buzzed, and she told me it was a Communist radar. They were watching her from the hills.

It was a Thompson moment.

Then it was over. Everybody went into I-banking or something equally odious. We gave up drugs as boring.

You can see why he ate his gun. Everything he hated has returned. Nixon is back in the White House, Rumsnamara risen from the dead, bombs falling on other peoples’ suburbs. The Pentagon is lying again and democracy stalks yet another helpless country. This time the young are already dead and there will be no joyous anarchy. The press, housebroken, pees where it is told. But he gave it a hell of a try.
    Last edited by fisharmor; 04-06-2015 at 12:28 PM.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    (dupe)
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    I've been thinking about this Fred Reed piece a lot, ever sine hearing Nystrom is shutting down his site.

Hunter Thompson
    All Gone Now
    Link?

I love Fred Reed, btw.

Updated.
    I love him too.

Quote Originally Posted by Carlybee View Post
    Really? Promoting organic food and being anti war is odd now and makes one a non libertarian? You may want to engage brain before slinging out those labels. How do you know whether or not those people understood the entire philosophy or not?
    Nowadays libertarianism is about intervention in the Middle East and a flat tax. Get with the program. That is our path to liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    statists have ALWAYS overran non organized anarchists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pericles View Post
    And will continue to do so. It was ever thus.
    Thank You!.
    that is the reason that I am a Min-Archist.
    I think the founders understood this also.
    we Anarchists (pure Liberty supporters) MUST organize ourselves at some minimal level.
    "If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Only if you don't want to advance the cause of liberty
    Partisan politics has been co-opted by corporate sponsorship. Parties cannot create liberty with that controlling them.

If politicians want votes, they should have to address the principles that support liberty.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...ful-revolution

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Silly how he would take my mana just to spite a possible water cooler area for Rand supporters. Daily Paul was my hang out man... $#@!.
    For the Republic! For the Cause!
    The Truth About Central Banking and Business Cycles
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YaxIPPMR3fI#t=186

Quote Originally Posted by Athan View Post
    Silly how he would take my mana just to spite a possible water cooler area for Rand supporters. Daily Paul was my hang out man... $#@!.
    Strange that he has a Rand Paul section at the new site.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    Strange that he has a Rand Paul section at the new site.
    Even though he does not actively support Rand, he realizes that the election is upon us and there are many who do so it's inevitable that many of his members will be supporters and will post there. I think he just doesn't want the "Ron Paul" legacy to be tarnished by Rand. My personal belief is that even though Rand is not quite as pure as his father, he is Ron Paul's son... I'm certain the apple does not fall far from the tree...
    BEWARE THE CULT OF "GOVERNMENT"

Christian Anarchy - Our Only Hope For Liberty In Our Lifetime!
    Sonmi 451: Truth is singular. Its "versions" are mistruths.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:ChristianAnarchist

Use an internet archive site like
    THIS ONE
    to archive the article and create the link to the article content instead.

Really sad that the DP owner Mike is not thinking about the big picture as we all should be. This would of been a great time to allow new users to sign up on the site but they are in the "end of the road" status and Mike is moving to Seattle at the moment. People need to get over that Ron lost (we know what happened) but the next best thing to get Ron into the white house is to have his son there instead. He needs to allow new accounts and let the site grow with Rand. If not, let somebody else take it over that isnt butthurt over the situation.

I was banned from Daily Paul years ago when they were stealing people's money with the "Super Brochure".

DailyPaul goes into archive mode at midnight.
    http://www.dailypaul.com/336354/offi...t-midnight-edt

Rand Paul supporters on DP fear there is no where else to go that has support for future money bombs
    http://www.dailypaul.com/336286/i-do...-the-dpdont-go
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

And now Nystrom is saying there'll be a place on his new website for Rand Paul discussion and activism.

Okay, great, but...

Why the hell close the DP at all then?

Does this make any sense to anyone? He's just throwing away all his traffic.

It'd be like Google closing down "www.google.com" and moving their search engine to "www.bolognasandwich.com"

Anyway, those who still have DP accounts need to get over there and invite people to RPF.

...I know some of you have been doing that for a long time, but give it a final push before midnight Saturday.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-09-2015 at 05:21 PM.

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by r3volution 3.0 View Post
    And now Nystrom is saying there'll be a place on his new website for Rand Paul discussion and activism.

Okay, great, but...

Why the hell close the DP at all then?

Does this make any sense to anyone? He's just throwing away all his traffic.

It'd be like Google closing down "www.google.com" and moving their search engine to "www.bolognasandwich.com"

Anyway, those who still have DP accounts need to get over there and invite people to RPF.

...I know some of you have been doing that for a long time, but give it a final push before midnight Saturday.
    Now DP is closed. They say "archived" but I do not see any link to view the archive. I really don't understand how "broke" a database could be. Unless I'm mistaken all the posts are saved in some database. An index keeps tabs on where all the posts are. The interface (website) just retrieves the data and displays it on the web page in a certain order based on query. Is that wrong? Am I missing something here??

As long as the database has the information in it it seems like a new interface can be written to retrieve the code and display it as well as accept new input to then be stored in the database...

THIS ONE

Quote Originally Posted by ChristianAnarchist View Post
    Now DP is closed. They say "archived" but I do not see any link to view the archive. I really don't understand how "broke" a database could be. Unless I'm mistaken all the posts are saved in some database. An index keeps tabs on where all the posts are. The interface (website) just retrieves the data and displays it on the web page in a certain order based on query. Is that wrong? Am I missing something here??

As long as the database has the information in it it seems like a new interface can be written to retrieve the code and display it as well as accept new input to then be stored in the database...
    They just don't want to, or can't do it for some reason.

Sounds like perhaps in their thinking (aside from the reasons already given) it's easier just to buy another domain set up Drupal (which is what they are using for DP) and start from scratch as opposed to attempting to migrate data. Who knows what kind of code patching was done over the past years to the site, and perhaps modifications to the database, to get certain things to work. I read at one point that he could not set certain content to feature on the front page anymore because bugs were preventing him from doing it and they couldn't debug why. Sounds like Michael is also relying on someone else to be the tech resource for the site working on the back-end and has limited time to work on the site, having a separate full-time job and only having so many hours in the day. It's also possible that person may not even be a developer in his chosen career and is only doing this as a hobby, so who knows.

Having worked with Drupal both on individual and in large team environments I can tell you it's not as fun to work with as they pitch, especially for the uninitiated. My opinion is it's more viable in larger environments, if at all, here is a decent review excerpt on the Dev issues working with it:

http://yuriybabenko.com/blog/when-dr...t-right-choice
    Drupal development can be tricky. The programming itself is rarely anything "hard," but it takes a lot of effort & experience to understand the concepts, flow, and the implications of the changes you're making. Tasks which would be relatively trivial to implement in a custom application can take monumental amounts of work and add up quickly enough to affect the project's timeline, budget and end-of-the-day feasability.

If you are a start up, building a proof of concept, or otherwise an application that is not 100% defined and may change at any moment (ie. a real agile project), Drupal is the last thing you want to be using. Pick a clean, lean, modern framework in whatever language you're most comfortable with and go at it - finding developers will be easier, iterating the project will be faster and simpler, and the entire life cycle will be a hundred times more natural. And of course, code bloat from unused functionality will be a hundred times smaller.
    Last edited by orenbus; 04-11-2015 at 10:14 PM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

If drupal programming was something I had to do every day, I believe I could eventually learn to like it. I've written a couple plugins for it, but in both cases, I was being pushed/required to add new functionality to a site. After a few iterations, I realized most of what they wanted could be done by extending some of the existing components, but it would require an extensive redesign of what was already there. So I ended up making something 90% new and throwing it on top of the pile.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post

http://www.fredoneverything.net/Thompson.shtml
    Hunter Thompson
    All Gone Now
    February 26, 2005
    When Thompson blew his brains out, a door closed somewhere and you could hear the latch click. The main man had gone. Most of us can easily be replaced. There was only one Hunter Thompson. I’ll heist one tonight to a fine, fine writer, a voice of his time, the embodiment of an age the like of which there never was and which, for good or bad, will never come again.

The Sixties look drab now—unkempt Manson girls, the lost and unhappy, kids bleak and bleary-brained after waking up with too many strangers in too many sour crash pads. There was that. It was not a time for the weak-minded. But for those whose youth passed in the freak years, there was something gaudy and silly and even profound, something delightfully warped, that nobody else would ever have. Thompson caught it.

I didn’t know him. Others have written better than I can of his work. But I knew the world that gave rise to him.

Starting around 1964, a restlessness came over the land, an itch. Kids trickled and later flooded onto the highways as if called by something. I can’t explain it. Few had done it before. Few do it now. They—we--set forth and created the only country in which Thompson could have made sense.

It wasn’t the war, at first. Nor was it only the usual impatience of youth with authority. Nor was it even that we were young and the world was wide. There was a revulsion against suburban emptiness, against the eight-to-five Ozzie and Harriet gig, a rejection of the Establishment, which meant boring jobs and singing commercials.

We discovered drugs, then regarded as worse than virgin sacrifices to Moloch, and looked through a window we could never name. If the times were out of joint, we were seldom out of joints. Chemistry defined the life. You found a freak in some rotting slum and said, “Hey, man, got some $#@!?” You toked up. You got the munchies, the skitters, the fears. Parents really didn’t understand. Dope, we said, will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no dope. It did.

Thompson, a savage writer, a grand middle finger raised against the sky, essayed drugs and found them good. And said so, and we loved him. When he wrote of getting wacked out of his mind on seven illicit pharmaceuticals, and wandering in puzzled paranoia through the lobby of existence, we shrieked with laughter. We knew the same drugs. We too had tried desperately to look straight in public when the world had turned into a slow-motion movie. When it was over, everybody went into a law firm.

Our socio-political understanding was limited. After all, we were pretty much kids. I remember having a discussion in Riverside, California, of how Republicans reproduced. We didn’t think it could be by sex. I figured it was by budding.

For a while though, it all worked. Apostles of the long-haul thumb, we hitchhiked in altered mental states. I don’t recommend it without guidance. We stood by the western highways as the big rigs roared by, rocking in the wash and the keening of the tires, desert stretching off to clot-red hills in the distance. At night we might buy bottles of Triple Jack at some isolated gas station and dip into an arroyo, roll a fat one and swill Jack and talk and hallucinate under the stars. An insight of the times was that if you got fifty feet off the beaten track and sat down, you didn’t exist. It still works if you need it.

None of it was reasonable. I’ve never found anything worthwhile that was.

Then there was politics, the war. Thompson was rocket smart and knew you couldn’t work within the system since that meant granting it legitimacy. Peace with Honor, the Light at the End of the Tunnel, all the ashen columnists arguing about timed withdrawal and incremental pressure. He knew it was about profits for McDonnell Douglas and egotistical warts growing like malignant goiters on the neck of the country. He was Johnny Pot Seed, a Windowpane Ghandi, dangerous as Twain.

The times brought their epiphanies. I remember being gezonked on mescaline in a pad in Stafford, Virginia, and realizing that existence was the point of execution in a giant Fortran program. So it’s all done in software, I thought. I was floating in the universe. In the infinite darkness of space the code stretched above and below in IBM blue letters hundreds of feet high that converged to nothingness: N = N * 5, Go To 43, ITEST = 4**IEXP. For an hour I was awash in understanding. The stereo was playing Bolero, which was written by a Do-loop, so it all fitted.

Thompson savaged it all, lampooned it, creating a world of consciousness-sculpting substances and bad-ass motorcycles and absolute cynicism about the government. Today, after thirty years of journalism, I can’t find the flaw in his reasoning.

The other writer of the age was Tom Wolfe, but he wasn’t in Thompson’s league. Wolfe was a talented outsider looking perceptively at someone else’s trip. Thompson lived the life, liked big-bore handguns and big-bore bikes and had a liver analysis that read like a Merck catalog. His paranoia may be style, but you can’t write what you aren’t almost.

I remember standing alone in early afternoon beside some two-lane desert road in New Mexico, or somewhere else, that undulated off through rolling hills and had absolutely no traffic. I don’t know that I was on anything. Of course, I don’t know that I wasn’t. A murky sun hung in an aluminum sky like a fried egg waiting to fall and mesquite bushes pocked the dry sand with blue mortar bursts. The silence was infinite. I lay in the middle of the road for a while just because I could. Then I followed a line of ants into the desert to see where they were going.

A grey Buick Riviera, a wheeled barge lost in the desert, slid to a stop. The trunk creaked open like a jaw. A squatty little mushroomy woman behind the wheel motioned me to get it. As we drove the cruise alarm buzzed, and she told me it was a Communist radar. They were watching her from the hills.

It was a Thompson moment.

Then it was over. Everybody went into I-banking or something equally odious. We gave up drugs as boring.

You can see why he ate his gun. Everything he hated has returned. Nixon is back in the White House, Rumsnamara risen from the dead, bombs falling on other peoples’ suburbs. The Pentagon is lying again and democracy stalks yet another helpless country. This time the young are already dead and there will be no joyous anarchy. The press, housebroken, pees where it is told. But he gave it a hell of a try.
    duh.
    how old are you again?
    I am 55.
    pissant.

"If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough." - Albert Einstein

"for I have sworn upon the altar of god eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man. - Thomas Jefferson.

Rand furthers the conversation in the direction of liberty and he's hands above anyone running. I'll vote Gary Johnson if he runs but Rand if he gets the repub nom.

Sounds like MN at DP can't have everything he wants so he's taking his toys and going home?
    Freedom brings people together. Government is supposed to protect our Freedom, our Property, and our Privacy- not Invade it..
    Ron Paul 2007

Quote Originally Posted by HVACTech View Post
    duh.
    how old are you again?
    I am 55.
    pissant.
    WTH, HVAC?

Fred Reed, the fine gentleman who authored that piece, is 70 and he's no "pissant".

Well, by way of a post-mortem.

DP traffic before it closed = ~500k/month
    http://www.trafficestimate.com/dailypaul.com

"Popular Liberty" traffic now = ~57,500/month
    http://www.trafficestimate.com/popularliberty.com

Hmm....only a 90% or so drop in traffic, not bad.

And considering that PL appears to be a DP clone, what was the point of this again?

Quote Originally Posted by Suzanimal View Post
    WTH, HVAC?

Fred Reed, the fine gentleman who authored that piece, is 70 and he's no "pissant".
    You can see why he ate his gun.
    This time the young are already dead and there will be no joyous anarchy.
    I was clicking right along until I read that.

Bender copy and pasted.
    and deserves no credit.

yes, dear,
    I beg to dream and differ...
    Last edited by HVACTech; 04-23-2015 at 09:18 PM.

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    And considering that PL appears to be a DP clone, what was the point of this again?
    To lose money and eventually go out of business. It's how the free-market works. Welcome to irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by ctiger2 View Post
    Welcome to irrelevance.
    RPF's?

To lose money and eventually go out of business. It's how the free-market works. Welcome to irrelevance.
    Or welcome to principle. Nystrom created DP for RON PAUL, not to make money, or to stoke his ego from owning a top trafficked site. His focus was upholding Paul, whether the site got 500k traffic a month or 5k. By archiving DP and retitling it, he's starting fresh, instead of holding on to a campaign that is over. RPF may have to make the same decision next year, if Rand's candidacy folds.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Quote Originally Posted by Peace&Freedom View Post
    Or welcome to principle. Nystrom created DP for RON PAUL, not to make money, or to stoke his ego from owning a top trafficked site. His focus was upholding Paul, whether the site got 500k traffic a month or 5k. By archiving DP and retitling it, he's starting fresh, instead of holding on to a campaign that is over. RPF will have to make the same decision next year, when Rand's candidacy folds.
    Fixed

...what a cunning plan.

Or welcome to principle. Nystrom created DP for RON PAUL, not to make money, or to stoke his ego from owning a top trafficked site. His focus was upholding Paul, whether the site got 500k traffic a month or 5k. By archiving DP and retitling it, he's starting fresh, instead of holding on to a campaign that is over.
    Right, except that whatever N. may want to do requires traffic. If he just wants to speak truth, regardless of whether anyone hears it, he can talk to himself in the shower. If he wants to reach people, he needs traffic, and he threw most of it away for no discernible reason. Course, I don't really lament the fact that N. cannot get his message out, I think he want a little bat $#@!, but I do lament the fact that all those would-be libertarians are scattered to the wind.

RPF may have to make the same decision next year, if Rand's candidacy folds.
    It'll have to decide whether or not to close this site and build an identical site at another domain?

...no, it'll just adapt, as N. ought to have done (and, apparently, much belly-aching to the contrary, is doing - but at another site with 10% the traffic).

Right, except that whatever N. may want to do requires traffic. If he just wants to speak truth, regardless of whether anyone hears it, he can talk to himself in the shower. If he wants to reach people, he needs traffic, and he threw most of it away for no discernible reason. Course, I don't really lament the fact that N. cannot get his message out, I think he want a little bat $#@!, but I do lament the fact that all those would-be libertarians are scattered to the wind.
    Nystrom was specifically motivated into promoting a nationally known, straight-shooter candidate who's 100% perfect on all major policy issues, who had a real shot at winning a major party nomination for President. That unique opportunity having passed, he's not motivated to merely "get his issues out" (aka, the status quo, like other sites) or to pretend that other liberty politicians who are only 30% perfect were similarly worth 100% of his labor to promote.

It's not Nystrom's job to hold a liberty audience together so ephemeral that it scatters to the wind the second that Paul is not in the picture. Starting fresh from a basis that is fully divorced from the cult of personality dynamics currently hurting the grassroots is the preferable route to sustain the long term health and growth of the liberty movement.
    Last edited by Peace&Freedom; 04-27-2015 at 05:54 AM.
    -----Peace & Freedom, John Clifton-----
    Blog: https://electclifton.wordpress.com/2...back-backlash/

Nystrom was specifically motivated into promoting a nationally known, straight-shooter candidate who's 100% perfect on all major policy issues, who had a real shot at winning a major party nomination for President. That unique opportunity having passed, he's not motivated to merely "get his issues out" (aka, the status quo, like other sites) or to pretend that other liberty politicians who are only 30% perfect were similarly worth 100% of his labor to promote.
    Nope, dishonest statement. He had innumerable opportunities to sell/give the DP to someone else. He burned it down instead.

It's not Nystrom's job to hold a liberty audience together so ephemeral that it scatters to the wind the second that Paul is not in the picture.
    See above, re N.'s job.

And also, how ironic, considering that (scattering to the wind) is exactly what N. did once Ron was out of the picture.

Starting fresh from a basis that is fully divorced from the cult of personality dynamics currently hurting the grassroots is the preferable route to sustain the long term health and growth of the liberty movement.
    How so? What is the advantage of building a Daily Paul clone at another domain, with 10% the traffic?

He wants to do the same, only smaller?

No, bottom line, he $#@!ed up. And I for one am loath for forgive such stupidity.
    Last edited by r3volution 3.0; 04-27-2015 at 06:15 PM.

Nope, dishonest statement. He had innumerable opportunities to sell/give the DP to someone else. He burned it down instead.

See above, re N.'s job.

And also, how ironic, considering that (scattering to the wind) is exactly what N. did once Ron was out of the picture.

How so? What is the advantage of building a Daily Paul clone at another domain, with 10% the traffic?

He wants to do the same, only smaller?

No, bottom line, he $#@!ed up. And I for one am loath for forgive such stupidity.
    Lets give Michael some slack. Maybe he made a mistake, it's his mistake to make. He doesn't owe anyone his web site and I'm very sad to see it go but really, it's not my call. Whatever reason he had for closing it he might now be thinking it was a mistake (I don't have any idea--just speculating). Maybe he is mad at the world for not listening to the good doctor (I sure am...).

At any rate, it's done. It's history. We need to move forward and I for one appreciate what Michael has done in the past and I'm sure he will do more in the future...

THIS ONE

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast