Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Germanic Pagans - split thread

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    No no no. God is deceiving him using a demon pretending to be the Holy Spirit. Keep it straight! Man does nothing.

See! I keep telling y'all that Soda Fudd fancies himself a mystic!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You were running from your own position. I put you back on the righteous path that makes God the one that temps men with evil and the author of sin. You should thank me.
    God doesn't tempt men, but He does control Satan who tempts men. God does not sin, but He does use the evil of men and Satan for His own eternally good purposes.

Jmdrake, Christianity is NOT dualistic. There are not 2 competing forces in the universe, one good, one evil. God is in control of every facet of existence and God ALONE is sovereign.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Every single thing is part of God's plan.
    Amen! Hallelujah! Welcome back to the path of righteousness brother Sola_Fide! Glad you know you were wrong to say James was deceiving himself! It's God that ultimately does the deceiving! In fact, this conversation isn't really happening. God is just talking to Himself.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Amen! Hallelujah! Welcome back to the path of righteousness brother Sola_Fide! Glad you know you were wrong to say James was deceiving himself! It's God that ultimately does the deceiving! In fact, this conversation isn't really happening. God is just talking to Himself.
    There is no contradiction in saying these three things:

1. James is deceiving himself.

2. Satan is deceiving James.

3. God is deceiving James.

There is no contradiction because:

1. Men are not puppets, they have wills and sin willfully.

2. Satan is controlled by God and has an agency unto himself.

3. God is ultimately in control of everything and everything works according to His eternal plan.

6. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    There is no contradiction in saying these three things:

1. James is deceiving himself.

2. Satan is deceiving James.

3. God is deceiving James.

There is no contradiction because:

1. Men are not puppets, they have wills and sin willfully.

2. Satan is controlled by God.

3. God is ultimately in control of everything and everything works according to His eternal plan.
    Ah. So Satan is the puppet and has no will. Once you said even God lacked freewill. It will be fun to see what you come up with next.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Ah. So Satan is the puppet and has no will. Once you said even God lacked freewill. It will be fun to see what you come up with next.
    Satan is NOT a puppet. Satan is a being with a will.

Man is NOT a puppet. Man is a being with a will.

You are deceiving yourself right now.
    No. Just trying to get my head around this election business. I had never heard much at all about Calvinism and election until landing in this forum. I do appreciate your concise definition, though.

Seems not unlike some other Christian camps - i.e. if you believe just so, you're going to Heaven and those that don't are going to suffer the hellfire of eternal damnation.

To me, that's the unique and weird thing about today's Christianity. Granted, I grew up in a nation predominantly Christian (USA) and haven't spent much time in cultures of other faiths. They may do the same for all I know.
    1. Don't lie.
    2. Don't cheat.
    3. Don't steal.
    4. Don't kill.
    5. Don't commit adultery.
    6. Don't covet what your neighbor has, especially his wife.
    7. Honor your father and mother.
    8. Remember the Sabbath and keep it Holy.
    9. Don’t use your Higher Power's name in vain, or anyone else's.
    10. Do unto others as you would have them do to you.

"For the love of money is the root of all evil..." -- I Timothy 6:10, KJV

God doesn't tempt men, but He does control Satan who tempts men. God does not sin, but He does use the evil of men and Satan for His own eternally good purposes.

Jmdrake, Christianity is NOT dualistic. There are not 2 competing forces in the universe, one good, one evil. God is in control of every facet of existence and God ALONE is sovereign.
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

Quote Originally Posted by lilymc View Post
    A recap of the conversation: God is deceitful, evil, trollish, on the same side as satan and enjoys making people do evil so He can then send them to burn in hell for eternity for his glory.

What great news the "gospel" is!!!!! Wonderful news, isn't it?

sometimes the things i read on this forum are beyond surreal. i really, really, really hope that the nonbelievers here do not believe that everything they read in the religion forum is christianity, or else the damage being done here is unimaginable. i'm sure satan is very pleased by some of the posts here.
    Satan is pleased with most of the posts in the religion forum, especially the ones that imply that God is not sovereign.

Where on earth do you get this idea that there are "sides"? Like, on one side there is the force of evil, and on the other side there is a force for good?

You don't get that idea from the Bible, you get it from Star Wars. Christianity is NOT dualistic. There is ONE sovereign will in this universe.

Satan is pleased with most of the posts in the religion forum, especially the ones that imply that God is not sovereign.

Where on earth do you get this idea that there are "sides"? Like, on one side there is the force of evil, and on the other side there is a force for good?

You don't get that idea from the Bible, you get it from Star Wars. Christianity is NOT dualistic. There is ONE sovereign will in this universe.
    Actually God is pleased. You said God controls Satan remember.

LOL! Good job ignoring the whole point while finding a way to argue even MORE. You really, really, really love to argue.

Someone could say the sky is blue, and i'm sure you'd find a way to argue that.

According to your theology, their "wills" are nothing more than manifestations of God's will, since God controls everything. There is absolutely no functional difference between a puppet and any non-God being.

15. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Actually God is pleased. You said God controls Satan remember.
    Are you not sophisticated enough to understand the distinction I'm making?

Quote Originally Posted by Sonny Tufts View Post
    According to your theology, their "wills" are nothing more than manifestations of God's will, since God controls everything. There is absolutely no functional difference between a puppet and any non-God being.
    No. Man's will is not a manifestation of God's will.

No. Man's will is not a manifestation of God's will.
    If it isn't, then God doesn't control everything, contrary to your claim that "God is in control of every facet of existence and God ALONE is sovereign."

Your inconsistency is showing, but that's nothing new.

If it isn't, then God doesn't control everything, contrary to your claim that "God is in control of every facet of existence and God ALONE is sovereign."

Your inconsistency is showing, but that's nothing new.
    There is nothing inconsistent in making a difference between God's will and man's will, but yet maintaining that God controls everything. You said God's will is a "manifestation" of God's will. That is not accurate.

To JohnGalt - I'm sorry that your thread got derailed. My post to Sola added to that... but I don't want to ignore the fact that this thread is not about Calvinism.

If Sola wants to continue his argument with a few others here, I hope that he will start a new thread..... instead of turning this into Derailed Thread #189,453,782.
    “I have no doubt that it is a part of the destiny of the human race, in its gradual improvement, to leave off eating animals, as surely as the savage tribes have left off eating each other.”

― Henry David Thoreau

Of course it is. If God controls every facet of existence, then it follows that He controls Man's will. If He controls man's will, then man really doesn't have a will of his own because everything he does is determined exclusively by God's will. It then follows that whatever man does comes directly from, and is a manifestation of, God's will.

And I will accede to lilymc's request and refrain from responding to you on this thread. Start another if you wish to defend your inconsistent position.

Wrong. What you are describing is something WITHOUT a will.

Something WITHOUT a will does whatever it does because it is acted on by a governing force. Something WITH a will does what it does because it WANTS to do what it does.

Man WANTS to do what he does. Man WANTS to sin. Man has a SINFUL WILL, and he SINS WILLFULLY with his SINFUL WILL.

I'm using exclamations and emphasis so you can see what I am saying. You are describing puppets. Men are not puppets. Men WANT to do their sin.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123