Thread: Could There be a Worse Time for a “Don’t Film Cops” Bill?

Could There be a Worse Time for a “Don’t Film Cops” Bill?

It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Reasonable request..."

Next month cops will be wearing hoods, I mean why does anyone need to know who is tasing
    you to death ?

Film Cops whenever you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Next month cops will be wearing hoods...,

I see no difference between lice and others who wear hoods.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Pass it, replete with full load hypocrisy. Then enforce it strictly.

Need to see where America's sweet spot lies... i.e., if it even has one.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Am I the only one who was hoping for a good TMOT rant?
    I'd rather be a free man in my grave, than be living as a puppet or a slave - Peter Tosh

The kids they dance and shake their bones,
    While the politicians are throwing stones,
    And it's all too clear we're on our own,
    Singing ashes, ashes, all fall down...

best time, so proponents can be primaried.

Best advice here is as follows, " always carry/conceal a second hidden camera/recorder..."" consider it backup....

My .02

Acesfull

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This is why I was saying a while ago that a great platform for a liberty casucus person, but probably not Rand, to stand on would be a law or amendment making it lawful to record any interaction between any government worker and the public during the course of official duties.

It would have a lot of really fun implications in other areas.

Besides, they have nothing to hide right?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

Quote Originally Posted by acesfull View Post
    Best advice here is as follows, " always carry/conceal a second hidden camera/recorder..."" consider it backup....

My .02

Acesfull
    good advice and even so....you shouldn't have too.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

What is one to do if the cop comes closer telling you to stop filming, closing the distance between you and the cop? Back up quickly or run? hmmmm, resisting, fleeing, what?
    "When a portion of wealth is transferred from the person who owns it—without his consent and without compensation, and whether by force or by fraud—to anyone who does not own it, then I say that property is violated; that an act of plunder is committed." - Bastiat : The Law

"nothing evil grows in alcohol" ~ @presence

"I mean can you imagine what it would be like if firemen acted like police officers? They would only go into a burning house only if there's a 100% chance they won't get any burns. I mean, you've got to fully protect thy self first." ~ juleswin

Quote Originally Posted by ClydeCoulter View Post
    What is one to do if the cop comes closer telling you to stop filming, closing the distance between you and the cop? Back up quickly or run? hmmmm, resisting, fleeing, what?
    Good point. Where the displeasure of a kop is concerned, you really cannot win. This is often true even when you comply to the fullness of your understanding of what is being demanded.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

Quote Originally Posted by idiom View Post
    This is why I was saying a while ago that a great platform for a liberty casucus person, but probably not Rand, to stand on would be a law or amendment making it lawful to record any interaction between any government worker and the public during the course of official duties.
    Or those unofficial activities carried out under color of law.

Not allowing the tax payer to film the tax payee - geeeez - where DID we go wrong?!?!
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    Not allowing the tax payer to film the tax payee - geeeez - where DID we go wrong?!?!
    meanwhile in Utah...

Last edited by presence; 04-02-2015 at 10:28 AM.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Allowing Police unions to exist and permitting them to donate money, and provide text for Rep. Jason Villalba to introduce as a bill was a part of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Allowing Police unions to exist and permitting them to donate money, and provide text for Rep. Jason Villalba to introduce as a bill was a part of it.
    I get it. I was just snarking about how stupid people are. We allow the gov't to dictate to us how much of our money we get to keep out of our paychecks, and then they use that money to pass laws that enable them to control us. And then we piss and moan when they do. END THE I.R.S.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

Quote Originally Posted by presence View Post
    meanwhile in Utah...

And who funds this? Yep! We do! We're so awwwwwesome!!!

He pulled the bill recently. I think he's gonna have to get a new job next year.
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

I get it. I was just snarking about how stupid people are. We allow the gov't to dictate to us how much of our money we get to keep out of our paychecks, and then they use that money to pass laws that enable them to control us. And then we piss and moan when they do. END THE I.R.S.
    Absolutely. This is was a state level bill however.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

There is a reason why all the cops in future movies are covered from head toe and completely anonymous.
    "One thing my years in Washington taught me is that most politicians are followers, not leaders. Therefore we should not waste time and resources trying to educate politicians. Politicians will not support individual liberty and limited government unless and until they are forced to do so by the people," says Ron Paul."

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Absolutely. This is was a state level bill however.
    Same difference though, isn't it? They still need tax money to pull it off. If the I.R.S. goes, it will be harder for state franchise tax boards to get away with what they now do.
    Last edited by Deborah K; 04-02-2015 at 10:45 AM.

~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by ZENemy View Post
    There is a reason why all the cops in future movies are covered from head toe and completely anonymous.
    This reminds me, the San Diego PD is in hot water lately because of corruption and abuse. I think one good thing to come out of the Ferguson issue is the backlash from it, it's reverberating throughout many communities.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.