Thread: POLL (Quinnipiac): Rand Beats Hillary in PENNSYLVANIA (!)

POLL (Quinnipiac): Rand Beats Hillary in PENNSYLVANIA (!)

Pennsylvania
    Paul 45, Clinton 44

....that's a 12 point swing from the last poll.

Rand also does better against Hillary in Ohio than any other GOPer:
    Paul 41, Clinton 46

Full Results
    http://www.quinnipiac.edu/news-and-e...ReleaseID=2180

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Wow, Quinnipiac went on a polling spree.

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...lls/president/

Looks like the only other person to beat Clinton in any state they polled is Bush in Florida.

I'm honestly surprised at how well Rand did in these.

Yea, the last time PA went red was with the elder Bush in 1988.

For Rand to be winning there at this point is pretty remarkable IMO.

I'll be curious to see how the rest of the North East looks.

Clinton is doing pretty poorly considering most of the Republicans are either unknown or are being beaten up at various points in time by the media and haven't really defined themselves in any way yet. Plus people will inevitably learn over the course of a campaign that Hillary wouldn't be anything like Bill. I think many folks, especially blue-collar whites in the Midwest, think Clinton: palatable, good times in the 90s. But once the campaign starts, people will discover that she's just a boiler-plate liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by supermario21 View Post
    Clinton is doing pretty poorly considering most of the Republicans are either unknown or are being beaten up at various points in time by the media and haven't really defined themselves in any way yet. Plus people will inevitably learn over the course of a campaign that Hillary wouldn't be anything like Bill. I think many folks, especially blue-collar whites in the Midwest, think Clinton: palatable, good times in the 90s. But once the campaign starts, people will discover that she's just a boiler-plate liberal.
    I'm still unsure why anyone thinks another Clinton or Bush is a good idea. I tend to think come a general that Billery will get beat up on the "time for change" meme again.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    I'm still unsure why anyone thinks another Clinton or Bush is a good idea. I tend to think come a general that Billery will get beat up on the "time for change" meme again.
    I think a lot of it has to do with the obsession of moderates. It's sort of ironic that the media and folks complain about money/big business/cronyism controlling politics but then they rush to anoint Clinton and Bush type candidates for every office and they are the candidates who are the most big business/crony types out there.

Quote Originally Posted by jbauer View Post
    Do NOT underestimate that power of her gender. Just like with Obama, there was a sense of projection where people didn't really know what he was about, but liked the idea of a black President so he became to them whatever they wanted him to be, so the same will be for Hillary.

There is a powerful allure to the electorate to want something new - and by that, I don't mean ideology. People like firsts. The chance to have the first female President will excuse a lot of misgivings. Their heads may be telling them no, but their hearts are wanting to say yes. This is going to be hard to overcome, whoever gets the nomination.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post
    Do NOT underestimate that power of her gender. Just like with Obama, there was a sense of projection where people didn't really know what he was about, but liked the idea of a black President so he became to them whatever they wanted him to be, so the same will be for Hillary.

There is a powerful allure to the electorate to want something new - and by that, I don't mean ideology. People like firsts. The chance to have the first female President will excuse a lot of misgivings. Their heads may be telling them no, but their hearts are wanting to say yes. This is going to be hard to overcome, whoever gets the nomination.
    Fortunately she's old and not attractive, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Winning Pennsylvania is a pretty big deal!
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

This poll is huge. Rand is gaining steam slowly. This is exactly what we want. We are performing well in every one of these states. The Penn. poll is very surprising. Haven't gotten any indication we were doing well there, however, we are obviously doing something right.

Just about fainted when I read this on Facebook this morning... This isn't Colorado or NH this is a big blue state Obama won by 10+ points...

Having Pat Toomey on the ballot will be helpful as well, IMO.

Not bad before pre-announcement, I expect better after announcement.

-Virgil

Yes Clinton polling pretty weak for PA in general. What matters about this is not Rand being up by one on Clinton, it's him being up by several points when compared to all the other GOP candidates.
    Hofstadter's Law: It always takes longer than you expect, even when you take into account Hofstadter's Law. -Douglas Hofstadter

Life, Liberty, Logic

Everybody needs to spread this narrative out that Paul is the first 2016 Republican to beat Clinton in a BLUE STATE.

Pennsylvania went blue for the last six presidential elections.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

That's a MASSIVE swing. We definitely need to push this out as quick as we can on social media.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUSA View Post

What about first "Dr.President"?

Florida: Hillary - 46 percent to Paul's 43 percent (Jeb and Rubio does better but are local)

Just goes to show that a flip here in the general isn't impossible as some here were saying.

Quote Originally Posted by dude58677 View Post
    What about first "Dr.President"?
    We need a good Rand = doctor = good for america meme.
    THE SQUAD of RPF
    1. enhanced_deficit - Paid Troll / John Bolton book promoter
    2. Devil21 - LARPing Wizard, fake magical script reader
    3. Firestarter - Tax Troll; anti-tax = "criminal behavior"
    4. TheCount - Comet Pizza Pedo Denier <-- sick

@Ehanced_Deficit's real agenda on RPF =troll:

Who spends this much time copy/pasting the same recycled links, photos/talking points.

7 yrs/25k posts later RPF'ers still respond to this troll

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    We had this in 2008:

Maybe someone could do something with Rand...

"Dr. Rand Paul. Helping America see straight. One patient at a time."

"And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire

Dana Perino said that no Republican is beating Clinton in the newest Quinnipiac polls. Wth... We need to send some tweets her way.

Quote Originally Posted by eleganz View Post
    The old "A Clear Vision for Kentucky" slogan can pretty easily be recycled into A Clear Vision for America.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

Please send to Drudge, Tweet it, share it, etc.

Senator Rand Paul Leads Hillary Clinton in Key Swing State

The Republican Party has not carried Pennsylvania in a presidential election since 1988, but a new Quinnipiac poll suggests this could change in 2016 if Rand Paul and Hillary Clinton are their respective party’s nominees.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Please send to Drudge, Tweet it, share it, etc.

Read more: http://thelibertarianrepublic.com/sh...#ixzz3W1DbA1H4

[/COLOR][/LEFT]
    Sent to Drudge. Others please do same, as repeat notifications likely bear more weight
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Just like in 2012 where Ron Paul was the only Republican with a serious shot at beating Obama, I feel as though Rand is the only Republican that could win.
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

It's sort of ironic that the media and folks complain about money/big business/cronyism controlling politics but then they rush to anoint Clinton and Bush type candidates for every office and they are the candidates who are the most big business/crony types out there.
    They 'complain' all the way to the bank. The slightly more genuine complaints want the government to dictate who runs the government.

Having Pat Toomey on the ballot will be helpful as well, IMO.
    Toomey is pretty awful, I voted against him
    A society that places equality before freedom with get neither; A society that places freedom before equality will yield high degrees of both

Make a move and plead the 5th because you can't plead the 1st

Very cool.

Anyone know why randpaulforums.com doesn't point to this Rand Paul forum like it used to? It goes to the main page.
    My website: iroots.org Looking for folks to help write about activism...
    "If you’re into political activism, at least for Ron Paul if not for anyone else, I strongly recommend spending some time with iroots.org."
    - Tom Woods

Quote Originally Posted by Foreigner View Post
    Florida: Hillary - 46 percent to Paul's 43 percent (Jeb and Rubio does better but are local)

Just goes to show that a flip here in the general isn't impossible as some here were saying.
    It being that close in Florida is shocking! Libertarians and the Pauls never have done well there. Hopefully Rand changes that and it looks very possible he might.

Quote Originally Posted by Bastiat's The Law View Post
    It being that close in Florida is shocking! Libertarians and the Pauls never have done well there. Hopefully Rand changes that and it looks very possible he might.
    Liberty is POPPIN in the sunshine state. It's bubbling underneath the foot of the GOP REC establishment and within corners and crevices of conservative groups but it's poppin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Justin Amash (R) MI-3rd
    "Young people want a Republican Party that believes in limited government and economic freedom and individual liberty, but they want a party that also acts on it.”

THE FUTURE OF THE GOP = R[∃vo˩]ution 2.0: Rand Paul 2016

Quote Originally Posted by NOVALibertarian View Post
    First they ignore you= Ron Paul, 2007-2008
    Then they laugh at you= Ron Paul, 2012
    Then they fight you= Rand Paul, 2014-2015
    And then you win= Rand Paul, November 8th, 2016