Thread: Kill the Messenger Movie. Worth showing family/friends.

Kill the Messenger Movie. Worth showing family/friends.

I saw this on the plane, never heard of this movie, it's been out since last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW4XO-52ubE

(the trailer is more faced paced then the movie, it's a slower paced drama)

It's based on the true story of reporter Gary webb who finds a link between the crack cocaine epidemic in the US, and the money being used to buy weapons for the rebels in Nicaragua with some help from the CIA.

It shows him researching the issue, and then the aftermath and how the MSM treats him afterwards. Seems like not much has changed. A whistle blower like Snowden shows up, and the MSM tries to destroy the guy. Just the normal M.O.

If you prefer not to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist amongst family/friends but want to show them the fraud of the drug war, and how $#@!ed up the CIA can be, this is a great movie to dive into this issue and discuss. They also touch on asset forfeiture. Great movie to introduce these topics without sounding like a nut.

It's interesting the story is old but most of america has not heard it before, and it's funny this movie came out and I saw more articles blasting this guy 18 years later, the MSM is writing new articles still calling him a whack job. I guess they have their orders...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mani View Post
    I saw this on the plane, never heard of this movie, it's been out since last year:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VW4XO-52ubE

(the trailer is more faced paced then the movie, it's a slower paced drama)

It's based on the true story of reporter Gary webb who finds a link between the crack cocaine epidemic in the US, and the money being used to buy weapons for the rebels in Nicaragua with some help from the CIA.

It shows him researching the issue, and then the aftermath and how the MSM treats him afterwards. Seems like not much has changed. A whistle blower like Snowden shows up, and the MSM tries to destroy the guy. Just the normal M.O.

If you prefer not to sound like a crazy conspiracy theorist amongst family/friends but want to show them the fraud of the drug war, and how $#@!ed up the CIA can be, this is a great movie to dive into this issue and discuss. They also touch on asset forfeiture. Great movie to introduce these topics without sounding like a nut.

It's interesting the story is old but most of america has not heard it before, and it's funny this movie came out and I saw more articles blasting this guy 18 years later, the MSM is writing new articles still calling him a whack job. I guess they have their orders...
    I watched it a few weeks ago. Excellent movie.

I keep meaning to watch it.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I definitely want to see this movie. I read Dark Alliance and I am pretty convinced Gary didn't commit suicide.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

It was a unique time in history, the first time major print media realized what the internet could do. I suspect he lost his mind over the whole thing.

Quote Originally Posted by CPUd View Post
    It was a unique time in history,

Yup,, I remember it.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

It was a unique time in history, the first time major print media realized what the internet could do. I suspect he lost his mind over the whole thing.
    Yeah and then shot himself in the head, twice.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    Yeah and then shot himself in the head, twice.
    You have evidence it happened any other way?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You have evidence it happened any other way?
    It's called instincts and knowing how it can be done to make it look like a suicide.

The way I see it we have at least 4 smoking guns:

1. Two shots to the head

2. Gary had received alleged death threats and had complained of recent break-ins by government agents

3. Allegedly Gary was involved in working on a new story about the CIA and drug trafficking.

4. Gary threatened to systemically expose the drug war for the Trojan Horse that it is, thereby provoking the wrath of the Elites and the CIA. He would not be intimidated. He kept on doing what he did so well, and what he loved so much: investigative journalism.
    http://www.rense.com/general60/move.htm