Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gary Johnson Supports Private Anti-Discrimination Laws Protecting Gays

Gary Johnson Supports Private Anti-Discrimination Laws Protecting Gays

This confirms my suspicion that Gary is a "liberaltarian."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Bleeding-heart libertarianism" is becoming the new strain of mainstream libertarian thought. Pro-capitalists who support egalitarianism, class struggle, feminism, critical "theory" privilege checking and all other assorted modernist nonsense. Left-libertarians are barely libertarians to begin with.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

$#@!.... So is he gonna change the LP's name to the LGBTarian party?
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

If I say I'm a panda it doesn't mean I'm a panda.

The Constitution Party is a much better option for people who support liberty than the Libertarian Party. I'll take Chuck Baldwin over Gary Johnson any day.

Gary is going to Gary. He was never for freedom to begin with.

Sadly some here would pick Gary Johnson over Rand Paul based on this version of "libertarianism."
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Account Restricted. Admin to review account standing

What? And he actually went after Rand?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Gary is a utilitarian libertarian, for those people who don't know much about him. He did not arrive at liberty through philosophy and principle, such as Ron or Rand, he arrived at his position because he could see its utility. there is a danger in that kind of philosophy.
    this type of policy is an example.

Rand will look like a libertarian wet dream if libertarians really looked at Gary's many speeches.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

I can't believe I actually supported this guy back in 2012. The LP is just another establishment facade. We need an actual liberty minded party.

Ugh. I don't like him. I wish the LP would do better. But I can't say that if it's Bush vs Clinton that I wouldn't vote for him. It's not like a vote for him accomplishes anything other than protest.

Do people pay him to speak? I could never imagine paying to see him speak.

I voted for him in 2012, but don't think too much into it. I would have voted for Vermin Supreme if he was on my ballot. Anyone but R or D. The whole voting charade is a joke anyway.

The gays are coming, the gays are coming...

Gary is a good guy. Don't we have bigger fish to fry?
    Last edited by muh_roads; 03-30-2015 at 09:21 PM.

It's not an inalienable right when the government has to force people to do it.
    #NashvilleStrong

“I’m a doctor. That’s a baby.”~~~Dr. Manny Sethi

Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post

There's not very much that's more important than preserving religious liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by fr33 View Post
    Ugh. I don't like him. I wish the LP would do better. But I can't say that if it's Bush vs Clinton that I wouldn't vote for him. It's not like a vote for him accomplishes anything other than protest.

Do people pay him to speak? I could never imagine paying to see him speak.
    Quote Originally Posted by muh_roads View Post

I don't believe in religious neutrality, and Gary is not just treating the rights of Christians as being equal to other groups, he is actively undermining them in an effort to appease the ****-fascists. I don't even know that he's better than your average Republican after that... this is a massive issue, as is abortion where he's "pro-choice."

Bush v Clinton v Gary I'd write someone in, vote Constitution Party, or stay home. No way I'd vote for someone who believed this. If the LP believes in liberty at all they should kick him out.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    "Bleeding-heart libertarianism" is becoming the new strain of mainstream libertarian thought. Pro-capitalists who support egalitarianism, class struggle, feminism, critical "theory" privilege checking and all other assorted modernist nonsense. Left-libertarians are barely libertarians to begin with.
    Good thing Ron Paul is still around to combat this scourge.

Quote Originally Posted by Christian Liberty View Post
    I don't believe in religious neutrality, and Gary is not just treating the rights of Christians as being equal to other groups, he is actively undermining them in an effort to appease the ****-fascists. I don't even know that he's better than your average Republican after that... this is a massive issue, as is abortion where he's "pro-choice."

Bush v Clinton v Gary I'd write someone in, vote Constitution Party, or stay home. No way I'd vote for someone who believed this. If the LP believes in liberty at all they should kick him out.
    Yeah, I would never vote for someone who doesn't believe in something as basic as religious liberty. Gary Johnson is far less libertarian than someone like Rand Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Yeah, I would never vote for someone who doesn't believe in something as basic as religious liberty.
    Yeah, but this is ultimately about property rights. Even if we forget about the religious aspect, Gary wants the government to dictate what businesses do.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by William Tell View Post
    Yeah, but this is ultimately about property rights. Even if we forget about the religious aspect, Gary wants the government to dictate what businesses do.
    It's about property rights, freedom of association, and religious liberty. Gary Johnson opposes all three of those principles.

His view is obviously ridiculous and unlibertarian. He said there would still be segregation in the South w/o the CRA. He isn't even a politician anymore. These kinds of issues should be layups for a Libertarian Party candidate.

I still like him and think he is important. The bigger issue is that you don't get to criticize people for being insufficiently libertarian when you hold views like this. He has a ton of issues like this that should make him more humble about whose libertarian bonafides he calls into question.

Quote Originally Posted by Brett85 View Post
    Yeah, I would never vote for someone who doesn't believe in something as basic as religious liberty. Gary Johnson is far less libertarian than someone like Rand Paul.
    You might not vote for me either because of my position on blasphemy, but that's OK

It just as bad as your corner, where people think they are smarter than everyone else and society should create cultural enclaves based on the smart versus dumb races.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    It just as bad as your corner, where people think they are smarter than everyone else and society should create cultural enclaves based on the smart versus dumb races.
    No, the 'bleeding heart libertarians' and left-libertarians are much worse.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by sgt150 View Post
    No, the 'bleeding heart libertarians' and left-libertarians are much worse.
    You might not be familiar with Pale Brain's intense longing for a Reich of Order. Just read more of his posts to see how he really disdains freedom in favor of order.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

You might not be familiar with Pale Brain's intense longing for a Reich of Order. Just read more of his posts to see how he really disdains freedom in favor of order.
    Lots of paleocons (and patriot movement types) are some of the biggest supporters of freedom out there, regardless of their social or cultural views.

Lots of paleocons (and patriot movement types) are some of the biggest supporters of freedom out there, regardless of their social or cultural views.
    He's not aware of these things.

Not Pale Brain.

Not Pale Brain.
    Hey everybody, NorthCarolinaTyranny is here to tell us how we aren't really for freedom. If it wasn't for the freedom police, we wouldn't survive. Thanks.

"Bleeding-heart libertarianism" is becoming the new strain of mainstream libertarian thought. Pro-capitalists who support egalitarianism, class struggle, feminism, critical "theory" privilege checking and all other assorted modernist nonsense.
    Pro-capitalists who are only capitalists if it's bitcoin and the little guy making money. Pro-capitalists that are anti-corporation and pro-level playing field. Small government people who are afraid of being called racist, so will get out of their way to kiss up to liberal white guilt.

Left-libertarians are barely libertarians to begin with.
    Just like communists are not anarchists, but who cares what labels they stick on themselves?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast