Thread: MO Gov race: Spokesman For Politician Who Committed Suicide Also Commits Suicide

MO Gov race: Spokesman For Politician Who Committed Suicide Also Commits Suicide

This episode surrounding MO gov race gets stranger.

Spokesman For Politician Who Committed Suicide Also Commits Suicide

Just over a month ago, Tom Schweich, a Republican candidate for governor of Missouri, shot himself in his home outside St. Louis. This weekend, his spokesman and media director Spence Jackson did the same at his apartment in Jefferson City. In a press conference this afternoon, police said that though Jackson's body was discovered yesterday after a family member was not able to get in touch with him, they believe he shot himself at some point early in the weekend. They also stated that a note was found in Jackson's apartment, but that they won't be releasing its contents.
    Schweich committed suicide on February 26 in the midst of a frenzied morning in which he appeared to be setting up interviews with reporters in order to reveal what he believed to be a religion-based whisper campaign being waged against him by John Hancock, the chairman of the state's Republican party.

http://gawker.com/spokesman-for-poli...com-1694545163

Related

Schweich suicide: Missouri GOP chairman denies spreading rumors about Schweich’s religion

Jewish Navy SEAL vet jumps into Missouri governor’s race
    The proudly Jewish Eric Greitens joined race just two days before top contender's suicide following whispering campaign claiming he was Jewish.
    Mar. 30, 2015
    http://www.haaretz.com/jewish-world/...medium=twitter

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The only reason I know about this whole mess is because my dad watches Rachel Maddow (one tv and he controls the remote).

Is being Jewish in 2015 actually a political liability?

A lot of people think I'm Jewish because of my last name. Does that mean I have zero chance of success within the Missouri Republican party?

This whole story is just bizarre.

No, I don't think this had anything to do with the ad.

Quote Originally Posted by scottditzen View Post

A lot of people think I'm Jewish because of my last name. Does that mean I have zero chance of success within the Missouri Republican party?
    If the region has many Christian Evangelical voters, probably very slim chance... going by these news.

In the democratic party stronghold regions, you could have your last name ryhme with Osama's, have a muslim father & jewish mother and you can still win big.

His (Spence) suicide note said... I'm so sorry, I just cant take being unemployed once again.... that's it, it was that short.
    FJB

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    If the region has many Christian Evangelical voters, probably very slim chance... going by these news.

In the democratic party stronghold regions, you could have your last name ryhme with Osama's, have a muslim father & jewish mother and you can still win big.
    Oh America, wtf?

Dudes were gay?

That is the most sensible explanation.

Why off the spokesman a month later?
    In New Zealand:
    The Coastguard is a Charity
    Air Traffic Control is a private company run on user fees
    The DMV is a private non-profit
    Rescue helicopters and ambulances are operated by charities and are plastered with corporate logos
    The agriculture industry has zero subsidies
    5% of the national vote, gets you 5 seats in Parliament
    A tax return has 4 fields
    Business licenses aren't a thing
    Prostitution is legal
    We have a constitutional right to refuse any type of medical care

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.