Thread: U.S. Nerve Gas Hit Our Own Troops in Iraq

U.S. Nerve Gas Hit Our Own Troops in Iraq

Chemical Weapons in Iraq
    Laurence M. Vance

U.S. chemical weapons in Iraq that ended up harming U.S. soldiers. The USG is more of a threat to Americans than “terrorists.”
    https://www.lewrockwell.com/lrc-blog...apons-in-iraq/

During and immediately after the first Gulf War, more than 200,000 of 700,000 U.S. troops sent to Iraq and Kuwait in January 1991 were exposed to nerve gas and other chemical agents. Though aware of this, the Department of Defense and CIA launched a campaign of lies and concocted a cover-up that continues today.

A quarter of a century later, the troops nearest the explosions are dying of brain cancer at two to three times the rate of those who were farther away. Others have lung cancer or debilitating chronic diseases, and pain.

More complications lie ahead.

According to Dr. Linda Chao, a neurologist at the University of California Medical School in San Francisco, “Because part of their brains, the hippocampus, has shrunk, they’re at greater risk for Alzheimer’s and other degenerative diseases.”

At first, the DOD was adamant: No troops were exposed.

“No information…indicates that chemical or biological weapons were used in the Persian Gulf,” wrote Secretary of Defense William Perry and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs John Shalikashvili in a 1994 memo to 20,000 Desert Storm veterans. Strictly speaking, they were right: No weapons were used. The nerve agent sarin was in the fallout from the U.S. bombing or detonating of Iraq’s weapons sites.

Perry and Shalikashvili knew.

As Alan Friedman wrote in The Spider Web: The Secret History of How the White House Illegally Armed Iraq, the Reagan and Bush administrations, which backed Iraq in its 1980-1988 war with Iran, approved of U.S. companies selling chemical agents and equipment to Iraq, including “a huge petrochemicals complex called PC2. Western intelligence also knew that PC2 was capable of generating chemical compounds to make mustard and nerve gas.”

Donald Riegle, a Democratic U.S. Senator from Michigan, held hearings about the veterans illnesses in 1993 and 1994. He told me the decision by Reagan and Bush “to secretly help Saddam Hussein build his biological and chemical weapons was a monstrous strategic error that eventually led to the tragedy of Gulf War Syndrome, which killed and disabled so many unprotected American troops.”

http://www.newsweek.com/how-us-nerve...ered-it-317250

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who could possibly have predicted such a thing? Oh yea, some kooky old guy from Texas with two first names and some Jewish professor/economist/historian.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Gulf War illness.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Wow.... literal blowback. I mean, this $#@! just writes itself.
    There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights. War for any other reason is simply a racket.
    -Major General Smedley Butler, USMC,
    Two-Time Congressional Medal of Honor Winner
    Author of, War is a Racket!

It is not that I am mad, it is only that my head is different from yours.
    - Diogenes of Sinope

Well, that takes a lot of nerve.

“We has met the enemy, and they is us.” -- Pogo Possum

"Our" troops?

Anyway, where's the outrage over chemical weapons? Shouldn't the UN be putting a coalition together to bomb America?

Quote Originally Posted by green73 View Post
    "Our" troops?

Anyway, where's the outrage over chemical weapons? Shouldn't the UN be putting a coalition together to bomb America?
    Nah, we're a permanent member of the Security Council and we'd just veto it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Iraq for Sale: The War Profiteers is a good documentary on this. It is on Youtube if anyone is interested.

Covers quite a bit.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    Nah, we're a permanent member of the Security Council and we'd just veto it.
    True. "We" would.

Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    For decades now, employees of our government have been telling the victims that there is no such thing as Gulf War Syndrome and that it is all in their head. Disgusting. Just one of the many reasons that I would never recomend military service to my children.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

fallout from the U.S. bombing or detonating of Iraq’s weapons sites.
    They should have known Iraq had sarin gas at some of it's weapons sites.

So the question is who is going to do time for knowingly hiding this info all these years. ? New congressional hearings with actual bite to them.

The worse that'll happen is someone gets 'reprimanded' or 're-trained for proper protocol procedures'
    “…let us teach them that all who draw breath are of equal worth, and that those who seek to press heel upon the throat of liberty, will fall to the cry of FREEDOM!!!” – Spartacus, War of the Damned

BTC: 1AFbCLYU3G1dkbsSJnk3spWeEwpqYVC2Pq