Thread: Boeing to create a forcefield (yes, an actual forcefield)

Boeing to create a forcefield (yes, an actual forcefield)

Star Wars jokes aside, Boeing actually just patented a force field that would use energy to deflect explosions. For real; it's called, "method and system for shockwave attenuation via electromagnetic arc."

According to the patent, which was granted earlier this month, the field would employ a sensor that detects the direction of shockwaves. Next, it deploys an "anti-shockwave" laser that creates a field between the explosion and the target, effectively shielding an object from explosive force by reflecting and absorbing it. This protective energetic layer could be used to insulate not just airplanes but also buildings, military vehicles, and ships.
    http://www.11alive.com/story/news/20...ield/70657462/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So they would have to instantaneously be able to calculate the size and force of an incoming shockwave and have a device able to instantaneously start up (unless you leave it always "on") and aim its anti-shock wave device, and create its own identical shockwave to counteract the first one all before the first wave reaches the generator's location. Shockwaves travel at the speed of sound. Pretty big challenge to get it to work in a "real world" situation.

Pretty cool. Of course this won't work on an IED that you drive over.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

I think I'd much prefer a volunteerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronin Truth View Post
    I think I'd much prefer a volunteerfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    So they would have to instantaneously be able to calculate the size and force of an incoming shockwave and have a device able to instantaneously start up (unless you leave it always "on") and aim its anti-shock wave device, and create its own identical shockwave to counteract the first one all before the first wave reaches the generator's location. Shockwaves travel at the speed of sound. Pretty big challenge to get it to work in a "real world" situation.

not really, it would work exactly like a passive radar jammer.
    on a vehicle, you place as many emitters as you need to get 360 coverage. the points are added to a controller. the incoming radar picks up signal and direction, this automatically flows the on signal through the controller to the designated emitter. it happens at the speed of electricity through gold.

edit: you could use a $35 raspberry pi as the system controller.
    Last edited by torchbearer; 03-30-2015 at 04:05 PM.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

if i had the emitters, i could build the rest.
    rewritten history with armies of their crooks - invented memories, did burn all the books... Mark Knopfler

But it's using a laser to counter, which travels at the speed of light. Also, bear in mind the shock wave of a blast is basically air being pushed, so you have "passive air" hitting the sensors before the actual blast wave.
    "Self conquest is the greatest of all victories." - Plato

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My $200 noise cancelling headphones seems to do it rather nicely, thank you.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

Quote Originally Posted by torchbearer View Post
    if i had the emitters, i could build the rest.
    I am impress.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12