Thread: CBS Poll: Rand moving up as a voting possibility among GOP voters

CBS Poll: Rand moving up as a voting possibility among GOP voters

Movin' on up:

Texas Senator Ted Cruz has undergone the biggest change since last month (interviews were being conducted for the poll when he announced his candidacy): 37 percent of Republicans would now consider voting for him, last month only 23 percent said so. Senator Rand Paul has gained 9 points since last month; now, 39 percent would consider voting for him, up from 30 percent in February.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/poll-who...g-for-in-2016/

The more we can create an air of plausibility about Rand 2016, the more these numbers will improve. Whatever tactics the MSM uses to undermine Rand, they won't be able to turn him into Don Quixote, at least.
    “Do you not know, my son, with how little wisdom the world is governed?” - Oxenstiern

Violence will not save us. Let us love one another, for love is from God.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Decline of 31 to 23 percent change of those responding "no they would not consider" voting for Rand, that's significant I wonder what was the contributing factors, this is a positive.

Interesting that 42 percent of Republican polled say they would not consider voting for Chris Christie, the highest non-consideration of all the GOP candidates listed. I wonder if that was mostly due to the bridge-gate scandal as back in 2011 it seemed he was hailed as some kind of superstar in the GOP with people begging he run.
    Last edited by orenbus; 03-30-2015 at 07:27 AM.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Really encouraging numbers.

What happens next week after the April 7 announcement will be critical. Both what the official campaign does around the 5-state blitz, and what the Grassroots does. Both camps need to make it explosive and relentless. Need to show that we are in this to WIN.
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by francisco View Post
    Really encouraging numbers.

What happens next week after the April 7 announcement will be critical. Both what the official campaign does around the 5-state blitz, and what the Grassroots does. Both camps need to make it explosive and relentless. Need to show that we are in this to WIN.
    I hope the people on the ground are fired up and getting prepared.

LOL Lindsey Graham and Christie.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    Decline of 31 to 23 percent change of those responding "no they would not consider" voting for Rand, that's significant I wonder what was the contributing factors, this is a positive.

Interesting that 42 percent of Republican polled say they would not consider voting for Chris Christie, the highest non-consideration of all the GOP candidates listed. I wonder if that was mostly due to the bridge-gate scandal as back in 2011 it seemed he was hailed as some kind of superstar in the GOP with people begging he run.
    Probably this:
    With Eye on 2016, Rand Paul Courts Sheldon Adelson

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2015/03/04/with-eye-on-2016-rand-paul-courts-adelson/?_r=0

How in the $#@^@^ does Jeb Bush have 51%???!?! Who in their right mind would vote for him?
    “When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank. You tell me that if I take the deposits from the bank and annul its charter I shall ruin ten thousand families. That may be true, gentlemen, but that is your sin! Should I let you go on, you will ruin fifty thousand families, and that would be my sin! You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!”
    ― Andrew Jackson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnGalt1225 View Post
    How in the $#@^@^ does Jeb Bush have 51%???!?! Who in their right mind would vote for him?
    those over 50 who are used to towing the establishment line. to vote for rand you have to be sick of the system.

Where is Peter King in this poll?! Obviously, the media is blacking him out.
    "And now that the legislators and do-gooders have so futilely inflicted so many systems upon society, may they finally end where they should have begun: May they reject all systems, and try liberty; for liberty is an acknowledgment of faith in God and His works." - Bastiat

"It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere." - Voltaire