Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arizona Republican Lawmaker: Church Attendance Should Be Mandatory

Arizona Republican Lawmaker: Church Attendance Should Be Mandatory

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/03...-be-mandatory/

this is who is winning primaries. pitiful.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Fake Christians whom would love more wars.

Quote Originally Posted by AngryCanadian View Post
    Fake Christians whom would love more wars.
    Partly, but not quite the most important issue. The big issue is this $#@!er has POWER. And this is exactly what happens when people get POWER.

Going to church should be just like having sex, mutual concent by both parties. Otherwise, it is $#@!ing RAPE.
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

From the piece...

“I believe what’s happening to our country is that there’s a moral erosion of the soul of America,” Allen said.

Allen said more people may feel the need to carry weapons if a “moral rebirth” doesn’t occur in America.

“It’s the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don’t know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have.

Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” she told the committee, as reported by KPHO.

Last edited by Natural Citizen; 03-30-2015 at 04:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2015/03...-be-mandatory/

this is who is winning primaries. pitiful.
    If church were changed to mosque, he'd think himself persecuted and victimized.

What he's saying is that he wants more hypocrites----people who come to church on Sunday but who do so only out of a sense of obligation or duy than out of a genuine desire to attend; people who want to look righteous outwardly while nothing changes within themselves.

What does going to church have to do with morality?

??

Seriously..

Some of the most notably immoral folks are avid church goers,, and often Church Leaders.
    Liberty is lost through complacency and a subservient mindset. When we accept or even welcome automobile checkpoints, random searches, mandatory identification cards, and paramilitary police in our streets, we have lost a vital part of our American heritage. America was born of protest, revolution, and mistrust of government. Subservient societies neither maintain nor deserve freedom for long.
    Ron Paul 2004

Registered Ron Paul supporter # 2202
    It's all about Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by Natural Citizen View Post
    From the piece...
    “I believe what’s happening to our country is that there’s a moral erosion of the soul of America,” Allen said.

Allen said more people may feel the need to carry weapons if a “moral rebirth” doesn’t occur in America.

“It’s the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don’t know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have.

Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” she told the committee, as reported by KPHO.
    Be wary of forced worship.

Revelation 13:15 And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed.
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

This is a hit piece, and he is a she.

“It’s the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don’t know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have. Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” she told the committee, as reported by KPHO.

“But since that would not be allowed and we would not even be debating that, I’m going to vote yes that people who are responsible who have a CCW permit don’t have to worry about their guns as they’re out and about and doing business in whatever building they’re in except ones that where they aren’t allowed,” Allen went on to say.
    I don't think she was seriously suggesting mandatory church attendance. We have mandatory stuff all over the place and people are freaking out about a offhand comment.

The only forced worship likely to happen in this country is worship of the State.
    Last edited by Origanalist; 03-30-2015 at 08:43 AM.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Supporting Member
    Phoenix, AZ

Blog Entries
    The idiot lawmaker in question is Arizona State Sen. Sylvia Allen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	635629648703129800-sylvia.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	40.4 KB 
ID:	3987

She is a Republican from Snowflake, AZ. He comments were in response to a gun bill and concealed weapons permits that were being discussed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvia Allen
    “It’s the soul that is corrupt. How we get back to a moral rebirth I don’t know. Since we are slowly eroding religion at every opportunity that we have. Probably we should be debating a bill requiring every American to attend a church of their choice on Sunday to see if we can get back to having a moral rebirth,” she told the committee, as reported by KPHO.

“But since that would not be allowed and we would not even be debating that, I’m going to vote yes that people who are responsible who have a CCW permit don’t have to worry about their guns as they’re out and about and doing business in whatever building they’re in except ones that where they aren’t allowed,” Allen went on to say.
    Obviously manadotory church is stupid. The lady was expressing her desire for our country to get moral, while knowing that the idea wasn't possible.

I find it odd that there are people like her and many others that feel morality comes from a fear of God.

I am pro-morals.
    I am anti-force.
    Last edited by Cleaner44; 03-30-2015 at 08:46 AM.
    Citizen of Arizona
    @cleaner4d4

I am a libertarian. I am advocating everyone enjoy maximum freedom on both personal and economic issues as long as they do not bring violence unto others.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    This is a hit piece, and he is a she.

I don't think she was seriously suggesting mandatory church attendance. We have mandatory stuff all over the place and people are freaking out about a offhand comment.

The only forced worship likely to happen in this country is worship of the State.
    You are only focusing on the part that you like. Sorry but this is concerning.

Those who have actually studied Revelation understand that eventually forced worship is coming to this country and indeed to the world. And forcing matters of conscience is indeed worse than other "mandatory stuff." This is the definition of "thought crime" which is the last brick in the wall of tyranny. Imagine such an "offhand comment" being made by a Muslim about Friday prayers being mandatory. If Rand Paul ever made this kind of "offhand comment" I would actively campaign against him.

Edit: And unless you think Sylvia is a boy's name, you are wrong in your assertion that "she is a he." Or were you thrown off by the last name "Allen."
    Last edited by jmdrake; 03-30-2015 at 08:50 AM.

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post

Those who have actually studied Revelation understand that eventually forced worship is coming to this country and indeed to the world. And forcing matters of conscience is indeed worse than other "mandatory stuff." This is the definition of "thought crime" which is the last brick in the wall of tyranny. Imagine such an "offhand comment" being made by a Muslim about Friday prayers being mandatory.
    You really believe forced worship is coming to this country? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
    "The Patriarch"

mandatory church?.....

go for it.

This must be a psyop
    I too have been a close observer of the doings of the Bank of the United States...When you won, you divided the profits amongst you, and when you lost, you charged it to the bank...You are a den of vipers and thieves. I have determined to rout you out, and by the Eternal, I will rout you out!

Andrew Jackson, 1834

You really believe forced worship is coming to this country? I'm sorry, I just don't see it.
    Forced worship is already here. Public school.

And YOU are only focusing on the part you DON'T like. There is no proposal of a law in this quote. She is using a hypothetical to make a point, which is finished in the next paragraph. This is an anti gun hit piece that takes her comments out of context.
    Not saying she's not a nut, but she is NOT proposing any actual legislation here.

Those who have actually studied Revelation understand that eventually forced worship is coming to this country and indeed to the world. And forcing matters of conscience is indeed worse than other "mandatory stuff." This is the definition of "thought crime" which is the last brick in the wall of tyranny. Imagine such an "offhand comment" being made by a Muslim about Friday prayers being mandatory. If Rand Paul ever made this kind of "offhand comment" I would actively campaign against him.

Edit: And unless you think Sylvia is a boy's name, you are wrong in your assertion that "she is a he." Or were you thrown off by the last name "Allen."
    Imagine if that same Muslim backed up his proposal with the craziest part of his religious text, like you just did in referencing revelation. People would laugh, just like I just did at your post.

The poster you're replying to was correcting earlier posts that referred to the senator as a male (see post #5). You put what he said in quotes, but still got it backwards. He said "he is a she".
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    And YOU are only focusing on the part you DON'T like. There is no proposal of a law in this quote. She is using a hypothetical to make a point, which is finished in the next paragraph. This is an anti gun hit piece that takes her comments out of context.
    Not saying she's not a nut, but she is NOT proposing any actual legislation here.
    I didn't say she was. Why the hell should I wait for actual proposed legislation before being concerned? As I recall you're pro gay rights. If she said "Maybe we need a law where we can execute people for open homosexual acts" would you say "Oh it's no big deal. There's no actual proposed legislation." Every piece of legislation good or bad started off as some "hypothetical" remark.

Imagine if that same Muslim backed up his proposal with the craziest part of his religious text, like you just did in referencing revelation. People would laugh, just like I just did at your post.
    Then those people would be stupid just like you are. Let's put your stupidity in context. Let's say one Muslim legislator made an offhand "hypothetical" remark that all professed Christians should be beheaded. Then another Muslim poster made a post from the Koran explaining that Christians should be tolerated inside Islamic states. You would defend the first Muslim and attack the second? If so then you are indeed an idiot.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Ten years ago I didn't see how the government could prevent someone from engaging in commerce. Then the U.S. government shut down all of Julian Assange's electronic financial accounts. I find it odd that someone can be part of a movement that predicts that if nothing changes we will eventually have a total economic collapse and a complete loss of liberty and then turn around and believe that there will be limits to the loss of that liberty.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    Forced worship is already here. Public school.
    Mandatory church sounds like your type of proposal.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Looking at Matthew 18:20 I suspect they would have a rough time enforcing such a law.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Mandatory church sounds like your type of proposal.
    No. S_F is pretty consistent against state enforced morality.

I didn't say she was. Why the hell should I wait for actual proposed legislation before being concerned? As I recall you're pro gay rights. If she said "Maybe we need a law where we can execute people for open homosexual acts" would you say "Oh it's no big deal. There's no actual proposed legislation." Every piece of legislation good or bad started off as some "hypothetical" remark.
    Not saying don't be concerned; just saying don't be a hypocrite by calling out someone ELSE for taking things out of context. Trust me, I'm the last person to be in favor of mandatory religious indoctrination.
    I'm pro individual rights regardless of sexual orientation, for the record.

Then those people would be stupid just like you are. Let's put your stupidity in context. Let's say one Muslim legislator made an offhand "hypothetical" remark that all professed Christians should be beheaded. Then another Muslim poster made a post from the Koran explaining that Christians should be tolerated inside Islamic states. You would defend the first Muslim and attack the second? If so then you are indeed an idiot.
    Both would be fools for referencing a work of centuries old fiction to predict the future and/or create legislation, just like you did.
    The more prohibitions you have,
    the less virtuous people will be.
    The more weapons you have,
    the less secure people will be.
    The more subsidies you have,
    the less self-reliant people will be.

Therefore the Master says:
    I let go of the law,
    and people become honest.
    I let go of economics,
    and people become prosperous.
    I let go of religion,
    and people become serene.
    I let go of all desire for the common good,
    and the good becomes common as grass.

-Tao Te Ching, Section 57

No. S_F is pretty consistent against state enforced morality.

Well, that is what he says. I really would never trust him.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by jonhowe View Post
    Not saying don't be concerned; just saying don't be a hypocrite by calling out someone ELSE for taking things out of context. Trust me, I'm the last person to be in favor of mandatory religious indoctrination.
    If a pigeon took a dump on a wedding cake and one person said "There's pigeon crap on the cake" and someone else said "Why focus on the pigeon crap? There is a perfectly good cake." and a third person said "But don't you see the pigeon crap?" The third person isn't being a hypocrite. He's being honest.

I'm pro individual rights regardless of sexual orientation, for the record.
    I know. I already pointed that out.

Both would be fools for referencing a work of centuries old fiction to predict the future and/or create legislation, just like you did.
    I'm not trying to create legislation moron. And it would be foolish not to look at a religious document to try to predict how a religious legislator might try to craft legislation. Someone trying to understand the mind of an Islamic legislator should read the Koran regardless of whether or not he believes it. Anyone who thinks that's foolish really isn't bright enough to engage in political discussion.

Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    Well, that is what he says. I really would never trust him.
    Someone who attacks theonomy as unbiblical is most likely not a theonomist. Believing that S_F is one just because you don't trust him makes about as much sense as believing he's Catholic.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Probably on the payroll for Clergy Response Teams.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Pfff.... not gonna happen.
    I'm an adventurer, writer and bitcoin market analyst.

Buy my book for $11.49 (reduced):

Twitter: https://twitter.com/LeviGrandt

Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/grandtstori...homepage_panel

BTC: 1NiSc21Yrv6CRANhg1DTb1EUBVax1ZtqvG

Someone who attacks theonomy as unbiblical is most likely not a theonomist. Believing that S_F is one just because you don't trust him makes about as much sense as believing he's Catholic.
    The interesting is, I haven't even heard of a theonomist who supports mandatory church. It never fails that atheists will get up in arms about the far out prospect of mandatory church, which not even the most nutty "Christians" out there support, but they are blind to all the ways that mandatory state worship has been firmly entrenched in our society for decades. Atheists do this because, deep down, they take it as a given that the state should be worshipped.

The interesting is, I haven't even heard of a theonomist who supports mandatory church. It never fails that atheists will get up in arms about the far out prospect of mandatory church, which not even the most nutty "Christians" out there support, but they are blind to all the ways that mandatory state worship has been firmly entrenched in our society for decades. Atheists do this because, deep down, they take it as a given that the state should be worshipped.
    I firmly believe that ultimately some watered down form of "Christianity" that even atheists can sign on to will be mandatory.

Eh, I don't care what he says. Anybody can say anything on an internet forum. His real self comes out when he's emotional. His neg rep comments of me tell me to "Go to hell" and says I must be made of $#@!. His sends me pictures of baby $#@! and dog $#@!. I don't even really care, but the kicker is that he has the gall to tell me that he says these things "in love." That is actually what he said in his neg comments.

Somebody like that is unstable. What they say is not what they actually do. When push comes to shove, people like him will enforce his brand of morality in a heartbeat.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-30-2015 at 01:47 PM.

Atheists do this because, deep down, they take it as a given that the state should be worshipped.

The same state worship could be said for evangelical Baptists and similar. They'll never acknowledge it, of course. Being religious versus a state lackey is often not an either/or proposition. It often has no correlation with the commitment of one's faith.

I'm not an atheist, but the atheists I see on this board don't seem to have a worship for the state.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast