Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rand Paul's Presidential Potential

Lightbulb Rand Paul's Presidential Potential

The Liberty movement seems to have had a sudden Firestorm of support and recognition these past few weeks. This seems to be a growing trend, ad infinitum.

To be blunt, I just don't think Rand's feet can fit in his Dad's shoes. With that said, there aren't any other feasible options.

There are no other republican candidates who can defeat Hillary or whatever demigod they cherry-plot.

Thoughts?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The past few weeks? Uh...we were thinking about Rand being president before 2010 and before he even won his senate seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sola_Fide View Post
    The past few weeks? Uh...we were thinking about Rand being president before 2010 and before he even won his senate seat.
    No, I'm talking about the Movement.. not the personality cult.

Quote Originally Posted by chrono187 View Post
    To be blunt, I just don't think Rand's feet can fit in his Dad's shoes.
    Thoughts?
    Due to you being the one feeling that he is inadequate, please make your substantial argument on why we should shut up about Rand Paul, or give us a better candidate than Ron Paul because he lost.

Rand 2016

To be blunt, I just don't think Rand's feet can fit in his Dad's shoes. With that said, there aren't any other feasible options.
    You mean because his fathers shoes are too small? Or because his dad is already wearing them? Besides, I don't think Randal has interest in his father's shoes: Randal is partial to cowboy boots and his dad is partial to Velcro strapped orthopedic shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by nikcers View Post
    Due to you being the one feeling that he is inadequate, please make your substantial argument on why we should shut up about Rand Paul, or give us a better candidate than Ron Paul because he lost.

Rand 2016
    I agree, but I think he can do better.. he seems a bit flakey on some issues. I guess the Political climate for a Senator, being the Son of RP is hostile. He poses a clear and imminent threat to the blue-bloods and Fabians.

I'm just saying, he should speak up more about the relevant, pressing issues. Let's start talking about the Fed, and the monopoly money. One may say, "The dollar is only as strong as it's Faith and Credit, we can't risk the entire ship sinking".

I say let it sink, but get a head-start on learning to swim.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    You mean because his fathers shoes are too small? Or because his dad is already wearing them? Besides, I don't think Randal has interest in his father's shoes: Randal is partial to cowboy boots and his dad is partial to Velcro strapped orthopedic shoes.
    Lol. Look, just because he is Senator, does not mean he should tone down the Libertarian rhetoric.

I agree, but I think he can do better.. he seems a bit flakey on some issues. I guess the Political climate for a Senator, being the Son of RP is hostile. He poses a clear and imminent threat to the blue-bloods and Fabians.

I'm just saying, he should speak up more about the relevant, pressing issues. Let's start talking about the Fed, and the monopoly money. One may say, "The dollar is only as strong as it's Faith and Credit, we can't risk the entire ship sinking".

I say let it sink, but get a head-start on learning to swim.
    if there is anyone who has a chance its Rand, if there is someone out there that can do better than bring em on. lets save the primaries for candidate Rand Paul. Lets give him a week to get his messaging and play political chess.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Lol. Look, just because he is Senator, does not mean he should tone down the Libertarian rhetoric.
    Rand isn't a Libertarian.

But, not to worry, the Libertarians have Gary Johnson to advocate for making heroin legal, open borders, gay marriage and other important issues.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Cultural Marxism: The Corruption of America

The Property Basis of Rights

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyEagle View Post

But, not to worry, the Libertarians have Gary Johnson to advocate for making heroin legal, open borders, gay marriage and other important issues.
    Really?

Legalize drugs, and tax them. Either that, or let the CIA and Drug Cartels continue to determine prices. I think the borders should stay open as long as the majority of Americans are lazy, uneducated slobs. Have you ever seen how hard those Mexicans work? I know the institution of Marriage was founded in the the union between a Man and Woman. I think homosexuality is a crime against the species, what's wrong with Women? I know, but is it that bad? However, making gay marriage legal will do wonders for the Family Court lawyers.

Really?

Legalize drugs, and tax them. Either that, or let the CIA and Drug Cartels continue to determine prices. I think the borders should stay open as long as the majority of Americans are lazy, uneducated slobs. Have you ever seen how hard those Mexicans work? I know the institution of Marriage was founded in the the union between a Man and Woman. I think homosexuality is a crime against the species, what's wrong with Women? I know, but is it that bad? However, making gay marriage legal will do wonders for the Family Court lawyers.
    Do you have someone else in mind that you want to argue that will lead better? Are you running is that why you keep telling us what you think about these things? What do these things have to do about Rand Paul, or his likelihood of becoming the President? Do you think he should start ranting these things when he gets interviewed for his opinion on a news report? If you went to a random person on the street and just said all these things how agreeable would they be?

Playing politics doesn't do much for the Morale of the Grassroots. Rand is a Libertarian, but he can't have the stigma of title "Libertarian", so he must blend in with the den of vipers. I understand, but shouldn't it be more about redefining Libertarianism, or better yet, the Republican party? That is done with ideas, not divide and conquer. As you know, if the Republican party is to survive, it is going to have to evolve into Libertarianism. Those social engineers are pretty good at what they do, and old-school republicans just don't think that fast on their feet. Sorry, but that's reality.

Do you have someone else in mind that you want to argue that will lead better? Are you running is that why you keep telling us what you think about these things? What do these things have to do about Rand Paul, or his likelihood of becoming the President? Do you think he should start ranting these things when he gets interviewed for his opinion on a news report? If you went to a random person on the street and just said all these things how agreeable would they be?
    I like the idea of Anarchism. I would prefer to have no "leaders", but that is beside the point.

If we are going to have this Government thing, Rand Paul would get my vote, if I were able to vote.

Playing politics doesn't do much for the Morale of the Grassroots.
    Playing politics gets you elected. Getting elected doesn't do much, but it does give veto to the ONLY anti establishment candidate that has a chance at winning.

Playing politics doesn't do much for the Morale of the Grassroots. Rand is a Libertarian, but he can't have the stigma of title "Libertarian", so he must blend in with the den of vipers. I understand, but shouldn't it be more about redefining Libertarianism, or better yet, the Republican party? That is done with ideas, not divide and conquer. As you know, if the Republican party is to survive, it is going to have to evolve into Libertarianism. Those social engineers are pretty good at what they do, and old-school republicans just don't think that fast on their feet. Sorry, but that's reality.
    I don't care about political parties. Apparently, you do. You might also want to learn the difference between Libertarian and libertarian. The former refers to the party.
    ================
    Open Borders: A Libertarian Reappraisal or why only dumbasses and cultural marxists are for it.

Playing politics gets you elected. Getting elected doesn't do much, but it does give veto to the ONLY anti establishment candidate that has a chance at winning.
    I think the word "anti" is a misnomer, as it implies that the Principal is 'more' relevant. It's kind of like pleading Guilty or Not Guilty, what ever happened to plea of innocence? This was probably a downfall of the pre-constitutional Libertarians, the Anti-Federalist Party. Shouldn't a party be defined by what they are and what they represent, not by what they don't represent or are against? It's easier to prove a positive, than it is to prove a negative.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't care about political parties. Apparently, you do. You might also want to learn the difference between Libertarian and libertarian. The former refers to the party.
    The party is a joke, like the green party. I know a Libertarian has little to no chance of being elected, but a Republican libertarian does.

Let's not get side-tracked though, this is about a Freedom movement, not appeasing old Republican money. The bottom line is, you either submit to Libertarian ideals.. or get left in political dust. Just my 2 cents.

Shouldn't a party be defined by what they are and what they represent,
    If the Elections give you two similar candidates, whichever candidate that wins the moral majority of the largest electorate wins. This is traditionally the anti establishment candidate. The party isn't defined by the American people, they are defined by the DNC and the RNC. The people that elect the winning candidate define the DNC or RNC. I'll give you a hint like neoconservative or like Clinton democrats that are different then Obama Democrats. If we elect Rand Paul, he will be the leader of the GOP and define it.

Really?

Uh-oh, newbie Chrono has tickled the tail of the dragon...
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

change has to come slowly. first Rand, because he is electable if he can get past the early primaries. He could then choose a more purist as VP, maybe Amash. select Libertarian leaning conservatives to the courts; use the pardon power to end the drug war.
    whoever is president will have to work with a neo-con house, and a divided senate..

To be blunt, I just don't think Rand's feet can fit in his Dad's shoes.
    He has outgrown them!
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

The party is a joke, like the green party. I know a Libertarian has little to no chance of being elected, but a Republican libertarian does.

Let's not get side-tracked though, this is about a Freedom movement, not appeasing old Republican money. The bottom line is, you either submit to Libertarian ideals.. or get left in political dust. Just my 2 cents.
    Yeah, well, that's the world government advocates' line too. Submit or get left in political dust. Ain't buying that, either. But, your open borders BS is right down their alley though. You should be proud.
    ================

I guess what I want to see, is a new AG appointed, and a bunch of Bankers going to jail.

I think Icelanders had the Right idea. Do we really want to see more American infrastructure turned over to foreign powers in the interest of international debt settlement? That's a frightening idea.

Those UN Forces are just waiting for the right opportunity to seize military jurisdiction.

War is Peace

Yeah, well, that's the world government advocates' line too. Submit or get left in political dust. Ain't buying that, either. But, your open borders BS is right down their alley though. You should be proud.
    Well, the Political reality is Republicanism is dead in the water. People are not interested in facts, and fiscal logistics. Look at Obama, people like high drama and celebrities. I think if we can make Freedom cool, or popular again, we can achieve that same Pop-Culture effect Obama had.

I don't think open borders is a good idea. I think open borders not only threatens American sovereignty, but also shakes the consciousness of our homegrown folk. All I'm saying, is Americans tend to have an overwhelming sense of Entitlement. I think the thought of a bunch of Mexicans invading your towns and workplaces, this should frighten some sense back into you. At the very least, it should bring back the competitive American spirit.
    Last edited by chrono187; 03-30-2015 at 10:01 AM.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds. -Samuel Adams

What? He talks about the Fed all the time. His Fed views were a big part of the political and financial news cycle just a couple of weeks ago. There were like 20 articles written in major publications on his views. He brings up the dollar in relation to deficit like every time he speaks.

Also, for not going to war
    If you wanted some sort of Ideological purity, you'll get none of that from me.

Quote Originally Posted by orenbus View Post
    "You must spread some Reputation around...
    Brawndo's got what plants crave. Its got electrolytes.

H. L. Mencken said it best:

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.”

"As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron."

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    LOL! Gary has voiced support for "humanitarian" wars like that stupid Kony thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by dannno View Post
    It's a balance between appeasing his supporters, appeasing the deep state and reaching his own goals.
    ~Resident Badgiraffe

Quote Originally Posted by Sam I am View Post
    Except when they are 'humanitarian'.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast