Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Feds direct banks to actively call cops on "suspicious" withdrawals.

Exclamation Feds direct banks to actively call cops on "suspicious" withdrawals.

Government Orders Banks to Call the Cops When Customers Withdraw $5,000 or More

By Jay Syrmopoulos on March 24, 2015   

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/fed...ing-5000-cash/

Washington, D.C. – In a clear escalation in the ongoing war on U.S. citizens, the Justice Department has recommended that bank employees snitch on customers attempting to withdraw more than $5,000.

Federal regulations already require banks to submit a “Suspicious Activity Report” (SAR) when, “Transactions conducted or attempted by, at, or through the bank (or an affiliate) and aggregating $5,000 or more…” according to the handbook for the Federal Financial Institution Examination Council.

The banks are required to fill a certain number of SAR reports every month. This forces them to file SARs for perfectly legal actions (such as withdrawing cash).

If using the banks as snitches, by having them file SARs on bank customers withdrawing over $5,000 dollars cash wasn’t intrusive enough, now the feds are advocating that bankers actually call law enforcement themselves.

The Wall Street Journal reports:

The U.S. Justice Department’s criminal head said banks may need to go beyond filing suspicious activity reports when they encounter a risky customer.

“The vast majority of financial institutions file suspicious activity reports when they suspect that an account is connected to nefarious activity,” said assistant attorney general Leslie Caldwell in a speech last Monday, according to prepared remarks.

“But, in appropriate cases, we encourage those institutions to consider whether to take more action: specifically, to alert law enforcement authorities about the problem.”

The remarks indicate that banks may be expected to do more than just file SARs, a responsibility that itself can be expensive and time-consuming.

Some banks already have close relationships with law enforcement, said Kevin Rosenberg, chair of Goldberg Lowenstein & Weatherwax LLP’s government investigation and white collar litigation group. Ms. Caldwell’s remarks “speak to moving forward in a more collaborative way,” said Mr. Rosenberg.

A tip-off from a bank about a suspicious customer could lead law enforcement to seize funds or start an investigation, Ms. Caldwell said.
    Don’t think for a moment that the government won’t potentially utilize this as a means of simplifying the seizure of property from innocent people with zero due process.

Mac Slavo of SHFTplan.com writes:

“Do you need to withdraw cash to purchase a used car from a private seller? Or perhaps you are pulling out some emergency cash for a loved one.

Either one of these activities are now considered suspicious and if your cash withdrawal amounts to even a few thousand dollars your bank teller is under a legal requirement to alert officials about your suspected criminal activity. And before you argue that you can’t possibly be a suspect because you have done nothing wrong, consider that even being suspected of being a suspect is now enough to land you on a terrorist watchlist in America.”
    In 2013, there was a substantial expansion of the terrorist watchlist system. It authorized a secret process that requires neither “concrete facts” nor “irrefutable evidence” to designate an American or foreigner as a terrorist, according to government documents obtained by The Intercept.

So potentially you can receive a visit from the police, be put on a terror watch list, and/or have your assets seized for doing nothing other than simply withdrawing your hard earned cash from the bank.

Let that sink in for a moment.

All of that for trying to withdraw your own money from a bank!

It’s always for “our” safety… always about safety.

Just give up a little bit more freedom and exchange it for the warm fuzzy feeling of safety. Exactly how much more liberty must we give up before we finally achieve the ever elusive maximum security?

It seems everyone is a suspect in police state USA.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well if this is going on we need to disarm the public so none of these upstanding officers get hurt SWAT raiding homes. We need an Article V convention to eliminate the 2nd amendment. Who is with me?

They lowered it- threshold for reporting large withdrawls used to be $10,000 in cash.

I used to attend old/antique car shows. Sometimes would buy. I would take around $8,000 cash every time I went. Guess buying an old Buick makes me a criminal.

Edit: I remember calling the bank mid-week, asking them to have that amount on hand Saturday. I would explain that the car show started Saturday, so that is why I'd withdraw that day. I didn't want to carry around that large amount for half the week. The car show would just come out in the conversation, and I was not even aware of SAR.

A withdrawal is not suspicious in-and-of-itself. Not sure how I'd handle it today. I don't like to get in the face of people who just work somewhere, but their defending a policy would certainly be incentive to give them a hard time. When an employee defends policies like this, then making their job as miserable as possible is in order.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-29-2015 at 07:46 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    They lowered it- threshold for reporting large withdrawls used to be $10,000 in cash.
    So, does this action finally make you say, "Enough!" Do any of these types of threads have any affect on you at all? Aren't you ready to scrap the Democratic Party and convert? Come to the other side, Zip!! Converts are welcome!
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-29-2015 at 07:33 PM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

deposits, not withdrawals. RICO money laundering.
    All modern revolutions have ended in a reinforcement of the power of the State.
    -Albert Camus

If things go south really quick, you won't be able to pull $5 out of the bank. Keeping money in these institutions are crazy.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

No, Zip, they did not.

The law still says $10,000.

This new "policy" seems to be just thought up out of thin air.

Regulation without Representation.
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthCarolinaLiberty View Post
    I used to attend old/antique car shows. Sometimes would buy. I would take around $8,000 cash every time I went. Guess buying an old Buick makes me a criminal.
    Being a serf in modern day AmeriKa has you pegged as being a criminal.

Every one of us are criminals, and are not in compliance, every day.

It's just a matter of being caught.

...the Justice Department has recommended that bank employees snitch on customers attempting to withdraw more than $5,000.

...we encourage those institutions to consider whether to take more action: specifically, to alert law enforcement authorities about the problem.”

...now the feds are advocating that bankers actually call law enforcement themselves.
    If some bank manager defends this when you ask him about it, then he definitely deserves to be given a hard time. Never let some mother $#@!er lackey off the hook. Give him a hard time until he is taking antacids daily.

consider that even being suspected of being a suspect is now enough to land you on a terrorist watchlist in America
    That's an even better way of putting it.

In the land of the Phree, we are all suspected of being suspects.

If some bank manager defends this when you ask him about it, then he definitely deserves to be given a hard time. Never let some mother $#@!er lackey off the hook. Give him a hard time until he is taking antacids daily.
    Antacids?

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Antacids?

I literally laffed out loud.

If only, my friend. If only...

I literally laffed out loud.

If only, my friend. If only...
    A idea who's time has come, again.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by donnay View Post
    If things go south really quick, you won't be able to pull $5 out of the bank. Keeping money in these institutions are crazy.
    If things go south quick, nobody will use money anymore so it's a moot point.

never.
    feel.
    sorry.
    for.
    a.
    bank.

$#@!.
    banks.

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    A idea who's time has come, again.
    From the comment thread in the last of your sig lines:

The Walkin' Dude | December 22, 2014 at 11:55 |

If this becomes a regular thing, they won’t wait for the hundred mark before they amp up the violence. You ever put a bully in their place without them trying to cheap shot you later when they think they can get the upper hand? They’ll start patrolling in MRAPs, they’ll start doing traffic stops with MRAPs and shooting anyone who twitches at the wrong time, and they STILL won’t be held accountable. Then the war begins.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    From the comment thread in the last of your sig lines:
    And he's right.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    If things go south quick, nobody will use money anymore so it's a moot point.
    The money can still be used..
    Last edited by donnay; 03-29-2015 at 09:44 PM.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

That's why you buy a safe, and withdraw, an extra 100 every time you go to the bank. Then you have that money in your own bank.

I've told this story here before, but my first job out of college was as a teller in a credit union. sometime during the first few months we were told that because of a new law we'd have to ask depositors to fill out a form if they wanted to deposit $10k or more. always having been a libertarian, the first customer I got with $10k was told about this rule and (illegally) advised that if he did not want to fill out some bs paperwork for the feds and have me fill out some bs paperwork for the feds, he could just deposit $9990 and avoid this. he took my advice.

may have been the only customer I had w/so much cash during my brief stint as a teller but I was always willing to offer this advice.
    Seattle Sounders 2016 MLS Cup Champions 2019 MLS Cup Champions 2022 CONCACAF Champions League - and the [un]official football club of RPF

just a libertarian - no caucus

Nothing like letting the cops know who is carrying money so they can confiscate it and keep it for themselves. Why didn't they think of it sooner?

Jokes on you because Bitcoin crashed a long time ago... and inflation has been nonexistent since Obama got into office

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.3D View Post
    Nothing like letting the cops know who is carrying money so they can confiscate it and keep it for themselves. Why didn't they think of it sooner?
    That is what it is about .More theft.

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    Jokes on you because Bitcoin crashed a long time ago... and inflation has been nonexistent since Obama got into office
    LOL

Something seems to have gotten in your Ramen. Are you sure the Brazilian plant where it was made was inspected by the DOA--er, I mean the USDA?
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    We believe our lying eyes...

Quote Originally Posted by 56ktarget View Post
    lol, you're a useful idiot for our masters. There is no difference between Dubya & Obama on issues that actually matter.

You think you're eating real food? You can find examples of this in all products. From single servings with more air in the package/container all the way to fake meat replacing real meat to hide inflation costs.

Also if 1 year Bitcoin performance is bad, 2 year performance has been phenominal. It's amazing how many people in life concern themselves with chasing the dollar without understanding how money is created and distributed in the first place.

It's much easer to follow the debit/credit card than it is to follow the cash. Just one more step on the path to a cashless state.
    Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Do you think it's a coincidence that the most cherished standard of the Ron Paul campaign was a sign highlighting the word "love" inside the word "revolution"? A revolution not based on love is a revolution doomed to failure. So, at the risk of sounding corny, I just wanted to let you know that, wherever you stand on any of these hot-button issues, and even if we might have exchanged bitter words or harsh sentiments in the past, I love each and every one of you - no exceptions!

"When goods do not cross borders, soldiers will." Frederic Bastiat

Peace.

And of course, "structuring" your deposits/withdrawals to avoid the trigger is a "crime" too.

Quote Originally Posted by Tod View Post
    And of course, "structuring" your deposits/withdrawals to avoid the trigger is a "crime" too.
    Three Felonies a Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast