Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pew Researcher: Rate of Illegal Males In Workforce 12 Percent Higher Than U.S.-Born Males

Pew Researcher: Rate of Illegal Males In Workforce 12 Percent Higher Than U.S.-Born Males

Title actually said "Illegal Immigrant Males", but I had to trim it down to fit forum character length.

Pew Researcher: Rate of Illegal Immigrant Males In Workforce 12 Percent Higher Than U.S.-Born Males
    http://www.breitbart.com/texas/2015/...s-us-born-men/

... from a statement to Lawmakers ...

WASHINGTON, DC — An illegal immigrant male residing in the United States is more likely to be gainfully employed than a male who is a legal immigrant or U.S.-born citizen, a senior demographer at the Pew Research Center think tank told lawmakers.

In 2012, the most recent year for which data is available, an estimated 91 percent of illegal immigrant males were in the workforce. This compares to 84 percent of legal immigrant men and 79 percent of U.S.-born males, Pew Research Center demographer Jeffrey Passel in written testimony prepared for a March 26 hearing held by the Senate Homeland Security & Government Affairs Committee.

Put in a different way, legal and illegal immigrant males had a better chance to be in the workforce than U.S.-born men in 2012.

For women, the opposite is true. U.S.-born women are more likely to be in the labor force than immigrant females.

“Unauthorized immigrant men of working age [16 years of age and older] are considerably more likely to be in the workforce than U.S.-born men (91% versus 79%),” Passel declared in his written testimony.

Continues on Link.

War on U.S. Men?
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I thought illegal immigrants were supposed to be lazy welfare collecting bums. Turns out they are more likely to have a job than citizens.

an estimated 91 percent of illegal immigrant males were in the workforce.
    Note that "not in the workforce" means you don't have a job and don't want one (determined by not actively looking for one).

79 percent of U.S.-born males,
    That means that 21% of US born males are choosing not to work. That may be retired people or people in school and not working or stay at home dads (which have doubled in the last ten years) or other reasons.
    Last edited by Zippyjuan; 03-29-2015 at 07:21 PM.

I thought illegal immigrants were supposed to be lazy welfare collecting bums. Turns out they are more likely to have a job than citizens.

Note that "not in the workforce" means you don't have a job and don't want one (determined by not actively looking for one).

That means that 21% of US born males are choosing not to work. That may be retired people or people in school and not working or stay at home dads (which have doubled in the last ten years) or other reasons.
    Oh $#@!ing bull$#@!. We aren't "choosing" anything. I guess I'm "retired" because I haven't reported my earnings in quite some time and I don't collect a "paycheck". Nor do I get any government benefits. And I'm not alone. I used to be "in the workforce" until wages dropped so low it wasn't worth my time anymore, I also had a business until it became necessary to hire illegals exclusively to compete.

That is correct, yet I'm still busting ass 6 or 7 days a week. Welcome to the new normal.
    "The Patriarch"

So they want to work. Give them a green card. Get them legal. Make them pay taxes on their income. Don't give them any entitlements until they become citizens. Problem solved.

Unless they are getting cash under the table, they are paying taxes.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post
    Oh $#@!ing bull$#@!. We aren't "choosing" anything. I guess I'm "retired" because I haven't reported my earnings in quite some time and I don't collect a "paycheck". Nor do I get any government benefits. And I'm not alone. I used to be "in the workforce" until wages dropped so low it wasn't worth my time anymore, I also had a business until it became necessary to hire illegals exclusively to compete.

That is correct, yet I'm still busting ass 6 or 7 days a week. Welcome to the new normal.
    The powers that be – from the politicos to the bankers to the investors to the business tycoons – want cheap, $#@!ty worker bees. The Chamber of commerce desires to offload government imposed healthcare costs back on the government. The captains of industry want cheap disposable wetbacks to pick their crops and kludge together their ocean of chip-board McMansions. The politicians want voting drones more “amicable” to statist initiatives, who will broaden the tax base enough to prop up the Social Security lie a decade or so more. Meanwhile, the financial caste, who keep the “CNBC double-plus-UN-approved-numbers” on America’s dire economic reality, view this influx of cheap slaves as a way to stave off the coming economic train-wreck a few more years.

http://www.dethguild.com/voting-will...united-states/

Oh believe me, plenty of them in residential construction are.
    "The Patriarch"

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    The powers that be – from the politicos to the bankers to the investors to the business tycoons – want cheap, $#@!ty worker bees. The Chamber of commerce desires to offload government imposed healthcare costs back on the government. The captains of industry want cheap disposable wetbacks to pick their crops and kludge together their ocean of chip-board McMansions. The politicians want voting drones more “amicable” to statist initiatives, who will broaden the tax base enough to prop up the Social Security lie a decade or so more. Meanwhile, the financial caste, who keep the “CNBC double-plus-UN-approved-numbers” on America’s dire economic reality, view this influx of cheap slaves as a way to stave off the coming economic train-wreck a few more years.

http://www.dethguild.com/voting-will...united-states/
    I have read that, plus rep anyway for posting it.
    "The Patriarch"

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    A truly Great American President would do what Eisenhower did- ship the illegals out in railroad cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Origanalist View Post

I understand the frustration but let's be real here. The reason why jobs are relatively scarce and entrepreneurial endeavors stymied is because of a ridiculous tax code coupled with inane and impossible regulatory burdens. Truth be told, if I wouldn't be put in a cage for doing as much, I'd have long ago started a business. And frankly after gaining some experience in human resources, or hiring people, rather, I can say that if they even show up everyday, they are the 'talent.' Nevermind their work ethic and skills, let me just find an employee who shows up when they're scheduled.

Called a girl the other day. She seemed excited, asked me a bunch of questions... her ass didn't even show up to the interview (and absent being a complete and total $#@! wit, she would have had the job). No call/no show before she even had a chance to decide what increment she is to be robbed of. Needless to say, the guy standing out front Home Depot would have been willing to work.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

Quote Originally Posted by AuH20 View Post
    In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

I thought illegal immigrants were supposed to be lazy welfare collecting bums.
    Collectivist!

That may be retired people or people in school and not working or stay at home dads (which have doubled in the last ten years) or other reasons.
    You leave out a fast growing demographic: unemployed stay at home children (18-35).
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

All the ones I have come across were off the books. Day laborers get paid cash.

They all worked hard, never caused any trouble. I have no problem with them.

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    All the ones I have come across were off the books. Day laborers get paid cash.

They all worked hard, never caused any trouble. I have no problem with them.
    Just curious, why do you propose taxing them?

Hard workers, able to be hired and fired as needed, no ridiculous reporting requirements, healthy discrimination able to be practiced... seems to me they are a boon to the economy. Now if only governments would quit distorting the money supply, inflating on whim, the value of one's labor might hold up.
    “The nationalist not only does not disapprove of atrocities committed by his own side, but he has a remarkable capacity for not even hearing about them.” --George Orwell

In terms of a full spectrum candidate, Rand is leaps and bounds above Trump. I'm not disputing that.
    Who else in public life has called for a pre-emptive strike on North Korea?--Donald Trump

What in the world is an illegal male?

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    A truly Great American President would do what Eisenhower did- ship the illegals out in railroad cars.
    We will have to find them first. Perhaps more police and checkpoints in every city and every town to look for illegals. Everybody will need to be carrying their papers. No papers- you get deported. Then we will have to start raiding businesses to be sure they are not hiring anybody. Going to need more DHS employees too. Oh yeah- we are also going to need more of your tax dollars to pay for all of this and we may need to suspend some liberties while we deal with this problem. Maybe some national form of ID so we can tell "us" from "them".

Perhaps more...checkpoints...

Question for you. Why aren't your fellow diehard Democrats more opposed to roadblocks? I posted some roadblock items on the Democratic Underground Forum a couple years back, but hardly anyone responded. I know you said you're not on DU, but not all Democrats, of course, join the site.

I thought you Democrats always talked about civil liberties and were against things like roadblocks. Sort of disconcerting that the people leading protests in the 1960s just dropped the ball. Are you for or against them?
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We will have to find them first. Perhaps more police and checkpoints in every city and every town to look for illegals. Everybody will need to be carrying their papers. No papers- you get deported. Then we will have to start raiding businesses to be sure they are not hiring anybody. Going to need more DHS employees too. Oh yeah- we are also going to need more of your tax dollars to pay for all of this and we may need to suspend some liberties while we deal with this problem. Maybe some national form of ID so we can tell "us" from "them".

By the way, your entire argument is a false dichotomy. You don't need more of anything to enforce law.

Randomness does not really work in any endeavor. There are already INTERNAL checkpoints 100 miles from the border. Just move those to the border and it will be more effective. Same thing for raiding businesses "looking" for people. More IDs is counterproductive and actually costs more in if you consider what actually goes in to creating identification systems.

Being more diligent and less random would actually mean LESS tax dollars spent. You don't need to suspend liberties if you're less lazy.

Not that I give a damn about "illegals." Just pointing it out because big government advocates like you are now reaping the results of more laws in the form of unintended consequences.
    Last edited by NorthCarolinaLiberty; 03-30-2015 at 01:32 PM.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

Quote Originally Posted by 69360 View Post
    So they want to work. Give them a green card. Get them legal. Make them pay taxes on their income. Don't give them any entitlements until they become citizens. Problem solved.
    Would they be hired if they were given green cards? Or are they being hired because it is easier to use the black market to hire people than deal with the government?

+rep

Why do people here not get this?

/Thread

Maybe some national form of ID so we can tell "us" from "them".
    Blond Hair = Legal
    Dark Hair = Illegal
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Having a job doesn't mean you don't use welfare programs, it's the modern American way. Illegal immigrants use welfare programs at a higher rate than legal immigrants who in turn use those programs at a higher rate than natives.
    NeoReactionary. American High Tory.

The counter-revolution will not be televised.

Eisenhower's methods worked extremely effectively, didn't cost a whole lot, didn't increase the size of the government to any extreme degree, and didn't need any sort of national IDs. The idea that something that was done efficiently and quickly in the 1950s would somehow be harder today is just absurd.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    +rep

Why do people here not get this?
    Because so much of it is bull$#@!, probably.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Like everything else Americans get what they deserve/ask for. Cheap ass labor and therefore cheap ass end results. I see the work they do every week. Piss poor and it shows. Job site left with trash to look like a third world garbage dump. Re-installations repairs within 5 yrs. Lol. Don't care. Keeps me making some lucre, under the table and therefore un-taxable, fixin' their crap.

Cheap illegal labor keeps US Citizens from jobs that would pay more if illegals weren't here.

Illegals are bringing the quality of life in America down to the levels of the Countries they came from ,
    Obama is a traitor and condones and rewards border crashing illegal aliens with cash incentives and the eventual citizenship for their crimes.

21 million that came through Ellis Island are insulted for their respectable legal petitions for citizenship along with millions more that legally followed.

, ,

Quote Originally Posted by ItsTime View Post
    Would they be hired if they were given green cards? Or are they being hired because it is easier to use the black market to hire people than deal with the government?
    Makes me want to be a illegal alien.
    “The spirits of darkness are now among us. We have to be on guard so that we may realize what is happening when we encounter them and gain a real idea of where they are to be found. The most dangerous thing you can do in the immediate future will be to give yourself up unconsciously to the influences which are definitely present.” ~ Rudolf Steiner

Quote Originally Posted by ThePaleoLibertarian View Post
    Because so much of it is bull$#@!, probably.
    Says the person who thinks government should carve out cultural enclaves because his white brain is superior to everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Stratovarious View Post
    Cheap illegal labor keeps US Citizens from jobs that would pay more if illegals weren't here.

Illegals are bringing the quality of life in America down to the levels of the Countries they came from ,
    Obama is a traitor and condones and rewards border crashing illegal aliens with cash incentives and the eventual citizenship for their crimes.

21 million that came through Ellis Island are insulted for their respectable legal petitions for citizenship along with millions more that legally followed.

, ,
    The wages paid would be more suitable to live on absent the bastardization of money. That is the first thing which should be considered with regards to whether someone with a state license for employment is paid eight dollars an hour or a person who is not state licensed for employment being paid five or six dollars an hour. (For the same job.. or a comparable one)

You know if someone doesn't take a half hour lunch it's a three thousand dollar fine right off the bat? Or that employers match FICA taxes? Or that you cannot discuss the reasons why a person was fired?

Etc...... infinitely.

Am I supposed to hire your college educated sons to work calves, feed hay, and drive tractors? I didn't go to college for that and nobody should. The people that I know who are hiring illegal immigrants are paying them what they need to live in this country. College boys want to earn enough for netflix, cable tv, internet, new cars, and all the $#@! that is becoming a guaranteed "right" today.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast