Thread: Boston hero cop is shot in the face during traffic stop

Boston hero cop is shot in the face during traffic stop

Boston cop who helped save comrade is shot in the face

By Ray Sanchez, CNN
    Updated 6:17 PM ET, Sat March 28, 2015

Boston cop shot in face during traffic stop 02:18
    Moynihan helped save transit officer wounded after Boston Marathon bombing

(CNN)Police officer and former U.S. Army Ranger John Moynihan was honored at the White House less than a year ago as one of the nation's "Top Cops" for helping to save a transit officer wounded in a gunbattle with the Boston Marathon bombers.

On Saturday, Moynihan, 34, was in a medically induced coma at a Boston hospital after being shot in the face at point-blank range in the city's Roxbury neighborhood the night before. The gunman was shot and killed.

"He's a strong kid," Police Commissioner William Evans told reporters. "He's a fighter. He's going to pull through."
    Moynihan was in critical condition at Boston Medical Center, where relatives, other officers and members of the clergy gathered Friday night to pray for his recovery.
    A six-year police veteran and member of the youth violence task force, Moynihan was shot below the right eye. The bullet lodged behind his right ear, Evans said.
    In April 2013, Moynihan was among officers who helped save transit officer Richard H. Donohue Jr., who was shot during a gunfight involving Tamerlan and Dzhokhar Tsarnaev in the days after the marathon bombings.
    Police fired nearly 300 rounds within five to 10 minutes. One round nearly killed Donohue.
    Moynihan and other Massachusetts officers were cited for their "heroic and relentless" life-saving measures on Donohue, who nearly lost his entire blood

'Never forget'

At a White House ceremony last May, President Barack Obama honored Moynihan and 52 other officers as "America's Top Cops."
    President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden with 2014 "TOP COPS" at White House ceremony. May 12, 2014. (AP Photo)

'Point-blank in the face'
    "Without provocation, as the driver is getting out ... you can see his right arm come up point-blank and shot officer Moynihan right below the eye," Evans said.
    Evans described the officers approach as "very low key" and said they weren't "even close to having their guns out."
    After shooting Moynihan, the suspect ran, turned around and fired at the other officers -- emptying his .357 Magnum, according to Evans.
    Evans said a middle-aged woman was who driving by at the time suffered a flesh wound in the right arm. She was not identified.
    The shooter, identified as 41-year-old Angelo West, was shot and killed. Evans said West had several prior gun convictions.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/03/28/us/boston-officer-shot/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    This cop is no 'hero'. He was part of a black op directed at the American People.

Quote Originally Posted by paleocon1 View Post
    This cop is no 'hero'. He was part of a black op directed at the American People.
    I was going by what was being reported in media and assumed Obama and others were being honest.

'Never forget'
    At a White House ceremony last May, President Barack Obama honored Moynihan and 52 other officers as "America's Top Cops."

Wounded officer commanded respect in Iraq
    March 28, 2015
    As a platoon leader in a volatile region of Iraq known as the “Triangle of Death,” Army Ranger Lieutenant John Moynihan used to say there were two ways to be a leader: pull rank and force soldiers to follow, or earn their respect. He knew — and his men knew — which kind he was.
    On Saturday, Moynihan, who left the military and became a Boston police gang unit officer, lay in a medically induced coma at Boston Medical Center, a bullet lodged behind his right ear. Moynihan, who was honored for his bravery in the Watertown shootout with the Boston Marathon bombers in April 2013, had been shot point blank in the face, allegedly by a convicted felon with a history of shooting at police.
    It is clear that Officer Moynihan is a hero for our city, and the entire nation, and today we are thankful for all of those who put their lives on the line every day to protect us,” Mayor Martin J. Walsh said in a statement Saturday.
    http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...d-respect-iraq

Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I was going by what was being reported in media and assumed Obama and others were being honest.

i laughed...

A thief was shot, big deal...

Probably pulled over for some arbitrary state edict to keep the revenue stream going. I hate for anyone to get hurt. Hopefully this cop never left an orphan or blowed off face in his abetting of imperialist conquest in one of the poorest regions of the world. May this provide the opportunity for inward focus on what he has chosen as a career.

"Boston cop who helped save comrade is shot in the face"

Good choice of words!
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

I hate how these types of threads force me to decide whether to support the cop or not...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by enhanced_deficit View Post
    I don't know if I would tell that or not.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    "Boston cop who helped save comrade is shot in the face"

Good choice of words!
    Good catch.
    “[T]he enshrinement of constitutional rights necessarily takes certain policy choices off the table.” (Heller, 554 U.S., at ___, 128 S.Ct., at 2822.)

How long before "going liberal" replaces "going postal"?

strange how that nurse that treated so many at the ER after the Aurora theater incident was honored. . . and then turned up dead too
    Last edited by Dark_Horse_Rider; 03-29-2015 at 07:30 PM.

I hate the word "Hero."

Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Love me some Thunderdome references. Master Blaster runs Barter Town.

Shooting anybody in cold blood is wrong.

Tina Turner was smoking.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCount View Post
    ...I believe that when the government is capable of doing a thing, it will.
    Quote Originally Posted by Influenza View Post
    which one of yall fuckers wrote the "ron paul" racist news letters
    Quote Originally Posted by Dforkus View Post
    Zippy's posts are a great contribution.

Disrupt, Deny, Deflate. Read the RPF trolls' playbook here (post #3): http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...eptive-members

dornerfrien?

'We endorse the idea of voluntarism; self-responsibility: Family, friends, and churches to solve problems, rather than saying that some monolithic government is going to make you take care of yourself and be a better person. It's a preposterous notion: It never worked, it never will. The government can't make you a better person; it can't make you follow good habits.' - Ron Paul 1988

Awareness is the Root of Liberation Revolution is Action upon Revelation

'Resistance and Disobedience in Economic Activity is the Most Moral Human Action Possible' - SEK3

Flectere si nequeo superos, Acheronta movebo.

...the familiar ritual of institutional self-absolution...
    ...for protecting them, by mock trial, from punishment...

Quote Originally Posted by Dark_Horse_Rider View Post
    strange how that nurse that treated so many at the ER after the Aurora theater incident was honored. . . and then turned up dead too
    Exactly. Six cops present at a traffic stop? Sounds like a perfect way to off a cop who saw something, and subsequently kill your surprised hitman.
    They confronted me in the day of my calamity, but the Lord was my support.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.